New Traxxas Xmaxx Ultimate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ultimate 4 years ago

An awesome truck no doubt. Don't let my squawking detract from that. I noticed no backflips were performed in this video. Stock, she struggles to get around for a backflip, just the way it is. To those who feel the Ultimate is worth it, enjoy!!šŸ‘šŸ»

So Xmaxx and Xrt have 1000$ extra parts included for 1499.95$ and Rustler have 400$ extra parts included for 529.95$

I'm pretty sure our rigs end up no expense spared machines. But even so ....

For that sort of money you could have.....lots of other choices.

I've always been impressed with how light these Xmaxx's run and how durable they are....but $1500?

And paying Traxass that sort of money should be criminal in itself, because we all know how they choose to use it - lawyering up! šŸ˜šŸ¤£

I really like the XRT, too. But It's unlikely I'll ever buy one - for all the exact same reasons. šŸ«¤

For me, the quandary I face is the RC equivalent of 'that vegetarian' that really wants 'that bacon sandwich'. šŸ¤£

Why? Guy at HobbyTown told me they sold out quickly
Because, 1 they are overpriced, 2 customer service sucks and they wonā€™t warranty anything, 3 release stupid cars like this, xmaxx is a proven platform but because it is light, 4 misleading marketing tactics, ā€œ$500ā€ in upgrades is BS they are all garbage and farther deteriorate handling, 5 electronics suck, way worse then spectrum, 6 way to many proprietary parts, eg xmaxx motor, 7 do not have any buffer for hs so there can be six dealers in mile radius and they donā€™t care, so they undercut all the shops.

Needless to say, every company has issues, traxxas, in my experience, especially has a lot more then normal.

Because, 1 they are overpriced, 2 customer service sucks and they wonā€™t warranty anything, 3 release stupid cars like this, xmaxx is a proven platform but because it is light, 4 misleading marketing tactics, ā€œ$500ā€ in upgrades is BS they are all garbage and farther deteriorate handling, 5 electronics suck, way worse then spectrum, 6 way to many proprietary parts, eg xmaxx motor, 7 do not have any buffer for hs so there can be six dealers in mile radius and they donā€™t care, so they undercut all the shops.

Needless to say, every company has issues, traxxas, in my experience, especially has a lot more then normal.
Don't know about the other issues but Traxxas customer service has always been great for me

I'm pretty sure our rigs end up no expense spared machines. But even so ....

For that sort of money you could have.....lots of other choices.

I've always been impressed with how light these Xmaxx's run and how durable they are....but $1500?

And paying Traxass that sort of money should be criminal in itself, because we all know how they choose to use it - lawyering up! šŸ˜šŸ¤£

I really like the XRT, too. But It's unlikely I'll ever buy one - for all the exact same reasons. šŸ«¤

For me, the quandary I face is the RC equivalent of 'that vegetarian' that really wants 'that bacon sandwich'. šŸ¤£
You can always buy a used XRT and save some money.
I need to buy a new Xmaxx but its gonna be a used one, have some spare parts from my trashed 6s one.

Last edited:
It's not saving the money I'm bothered about - rather - whose palm I'm putting that money in. šŸ’ŖšŸ‘
Well its not Traxxas if you buy it used :) well spare parts later on yes.
The new traxxas belted tires for xmaxx and xrt can be bought for old existing existing models.
Looking forward for some reviews..

Last edited:
Let me preface this by saying this is in no shape or form a Traxxas hate/bash thread. I don't own one, but I do like the Xmaxx. However, they just released the Xmaxx Ultimate and that bugger has a price tag of $1,499.00! šŸ˜µ Holy Cow. I think that may be the most expensive basher I've seen since I've been in this hobby. It makes the new K8 & O8 V2 seem like bargains. And to make things even more interesting, Greg broke it on the first run
I bought a used XMAXX. It came with original wheels and the paddles. It felt slow/toy-ish with those paddles. Couldnā€™t get it to rotate in the air.

New HW EZRUN Max6/1100 combo paired w taller gears really woke this beast up!

Build thread recorded below!

I never had a problem with my xmaxx 6s motor, it worked great even on 8S with a max6 esc but I had a big fan on it.
If you gear up heavily on a stock 8S xmaxx its a big difference from stock.

I never had a problem with my xmaxx 6s motor, it worked great even on 8S with a max6 esc but I had a big fan on it.
If you gear up heavily on a stock 8S xmaxx its a big difference from stock.
Everything I see says the stock motor is fine, keep an eye on the bearings, but the esc sucks.

To be honest I bought it to keep and run it stock. But I like tinkering with the rigs.

Knowing going faster takes you down a bunch of rabbit holes to keep it right. Starting with better tires.

I enjoy the process. New electronics probably not needed but Iā€™m glad I did it.

Merry Christmas!

As with all things, "built not bought" has always held some truth. "Halo" products like this will continue to sell to the right market: someone who has money and doesn't want to put in time to research or upgrade. The rest of us would buy the regular priced one and put in the time/money into the right places instead of just throwing $500 worth of "stuff" at it.
Bro you can literally buy these upgrades from ali express for probably 200$ and I bet they're just as durable.
When Mark came on to the YouTube scene I thought it was nice to have different perspective, I like his videos. Seems like a pretty down to earth guy to me?

We're going to have to take your arrma card because you can't own one and be a fan of mark at the sametime. If you cut him he would bleed traxxas. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

We're going to have to take your arrma card because you can't own one and be a fan of mark at the sametime. If you cut him he would bleed traxxas. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Just when I though I was part of the team šŸ˜†.

towering homer simpson GIF

To be honest I bought it to keep and run it stock. But I like tinkering with the rigs.

Knowing going faster takes you down a bunch of rabbit holes to keep it right. Starting with better tires.

I enjoy the process. New electronics probably not needed but Iā€™m glad I did it.

Merry Christmas!
They do seem better off stock, IMO. Of course everyone is free to do what they see fit. My Xmaxx has been solid for me, 2 years with nothing but consumables such as bearings and tires. I wish the stock tires would hold up, the size, weight and tread pattern are awesome. The foams are the biggest disappointment for me.
Overall though, an absolute treat to own and bash. No regerts on buying it.
I would never trade off the plastic steer links or hubs for aluminum, just moves the breakage further inboard, creating more work to repair. No thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back