New Traxxas Xmaxx Ultimate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, at least TRX did give us bigger balls. Arrma still dealing with SBS, small balls syndrome!!🤣🤣
I have to say, my 2 year old Xmaxx is tighter at the hubs and suspension pivots than my brand new K8S that hasn't even run a pack to LVC yet. For me, this isn't Arrma vs TRX, or anybody else. I own and enjoy both. Just sticker shocked by this ultimate edition Xmaxx. Nothing's been detracted from how much I like the Xmaxx. Or the K8S for that matter.

I agree, at least TRX did give us bigger balls. Arrma still dealing with SBS, small balls syndrome!!🤣🤣
I have to say, my 2 year old Xmaxx is tighter at the hubs and suspension pivots than my brand new K8S that hasn't even run a pack to LVC yet. For me, this isn't Arrma vs TRX, or anybody else. I own and enjoy both. Just sticker shocked by this ultimate edition Xmaxx. Nothing's been detracted from how much I like the Xmaxx. Or the K8S for that matter.
Agree, I really appreciated the redesign of the TRX hubs, larger inner BB's, the XRT hubs are quite stout looking. The Arrma 6S rear hubs in particular really bug me, since the slits for the dog bone go into the hub the space between the bearings is a magnet for dust/dirt/sand. It needs a redesign. IMO bigger inner bearings, seal up any ingress points between the BB's on the hub. I have seen posts all over this forum recommending improvement on that for years.

When Mark came on to the YouTube scene I thought it was nice to have different perspective, I like his videos. Seems like a pretty down to earth guy to me?

You can polish a turd all you want, but in the end it's still gonna be a piece of $hit...
I can respect your opinion. I really can't call any of the TRX's a piece, often overpriced, sometimes under built, but they have all put smiles on my face.🤷‍♂️🍻
Agree, I really appreciated the redesign of the TRX hubs, larger inner BB's, the XRT hubs are quite stout looking. The Arrma 6S rear hubs in particular really bug me, since the slits for the dog bone go into the hub the space between the bearings is a magnet for dust/dirt/sand. It needs a redesign. IMO bigger inner bearings, seal up any ingress points between the BB's on the hub. I have seen posts all over this forum recommending improvement on that for years.

When Mark came on to the YouTube scene I thought it was nice to have different perspective, I like his videos. Seems like a pretty down to earth guy to me?
Maybe I'm wrong. I have never met him. I have gotten useful knowledge from his content, credit due there..

Imagine paying $1500 for a monster truck that can’t even backflip off a 5’ man-made jump out of the box 😂

I've never really cared for any of the large scale electric vehicles.
What radio does it come with? TSM or AVC included?
I do recall the Sludge hitting the market without replacement parts available. I mean actual parts, not just rainbow assorted anodized bits.

All the rc manufacturers do that. Arrma is pretty bad about it too, take the TLR Typhon as an example it took almost a year for Arrma to have parts available for it, literally only the chop shops had the parts for it for the longest time. 3s Typhon no a arms available for nearly 4 months again only the chop shops had them. Hpi Racing last I checked the chassis for the S truggy was still only available from 1 chop shop on eBay and that has been out for a year and a half now........
Yes, Traxxas is definitely the company that’s slipping. Meanwhile Horizon is shipping rigs with bad esc programming, selling models that they can’t get replacement parts for, bodies that crack at the seams after light use, double sometimes triple charging people for things they ordered. But this, this release is proof that Traxxas is the company that’s slipping and bad for all enthusiasts.
Not only shipping out cars with bad escs but also expecting the customer to pay to fix it.

Imagine paying $1500 for a monster truck that can’t even backflip off a 5’ man-made jump out of the box 😂
IKR?🤣 Which I did indeed laugh at RC Driver vid when he lawn darted it.
I have literally done the same with my Xmaxx..then just accepted that it's not a flipper. Can be of course, but not really relevant enough to me.
I've never really cared for any of the large scale electric vehicles.

All the rc manufacturers do that. Arrma is pretty bad about it too, take the TLR Typhon as an example it took almost a year for Arrma to have parts available for it, literally only the chop shops had the parts for it for the longest time. 3s Typhon no a arms available for nearly 4 months again only the chop shops had them. Hpi Racing last I checked the chassis for the S truggy was still only available from 1 chop shop on eBay and that has been out for a year and a half now........

Not only shipping out cars with bad escs but also expecting the customer to pay to fix it.
Yeah, I know I pointed at TRX, but truth is HH is every bit as guilty. Maybe more..
For me, I think the 1/6 is my limit on size, after that I see real world physics really hampering the fun, getting too expensive.
My favorite scale is 1/8. Getting an Xmaxx, XRT or Arrma 8s to perform similarly to a 6s 1/8 is just not practical for me..

Last edited:
I just noticed..the Xmaxx ultimate doesn't include HD arms? Wow, how can it have ultimate durability without? I admit, I have yet to break a standard arm on mine, but $1500 still can't buy them?
FWIW, I think the regular Xmaxx is a great truck. I've heard nothing but good things about it's durability. I almost even considered purchasing a roller and doing a custom build at one time. If anything Traxxas maybe could have upgraded the electronics & put a wide maxx kit on it, but the rest of the truck was already pretty darn good.

FWIW, I think the regular Xmaxx is a great truck. I've heard nothing but good things about it's durability. I almost even considered purchasing a roller and doing a custom build at one time. If anything Traxxas maybe could have upgraded the electronics & put a wide maxx kit on it, but the rest of the truck was already pretty darn good.
It is, and so is the 4s Maxx. They defy my belief of how strong plastic can be. No arguments from me. I just hate the misleading statements they make, Ultimate, no upgrades needed..truth be told, I think TRX has the best engineering of any RC brand.

One thing at a time but I understand some people: I don't want to wrench my new RC and money isnt a problem so I buy the most complete one I can get.
However for most people buying a standard xmaxx and upgrading what you break on it is the way to go because of many reasons.

The belted tires is worse for some, its heavier also worse for some.

I see someone buying this but i don't see someone buying the ultimate rustler :D

You could get 3x Felonies right now from Amazon for less... 👀

Thinking Calculating GIF by Verohallinto

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back