New Traxxas Xmaxx Ultimate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take the wheels. Mines is just fine with cheap and easy to replace plastic. On they website Trx is making XRT Ultimate. Same price of course. I'm good for now.

They are definitely targeting the less knowledgeable demographic with this truck. When I first got into RC I upgraded most stuff that was plastic with more expensive aluminum. Of course, some parts do need to be aluminum, but not what they upgraded. It needs more power for sure

That's pretty much what I was picturing. I like the concept, but at the end of the day you still have a pile of Traxxas parts ...

It's a fail IMO. An even lower power to weight ratio? Belted tires on the same weak wheels. A thousand dollars worth of aluminum?🤣🤣 Yeah, sure. The Xmaxx is still a great truck, but this one's only for the blind faithful IMO.
TRX is slipping, I love it!! Arrma makes the v2 8s faster than the previous version, TRX makes them slower? This is progress? Okay🤪

As with all things, "built not bought" has always held some truth. "Halo" products like this will continue to sell to the right market: someone who has money and doesn't want to put in time to research or upgrade. The rest of us would buy the regular priced one and put in the time/money into the right places instead of just throwing $500 worth of "stuff" at it.

As with all things, "built not bought" has always held some truth. "Halo" products like this will continue to sell to the right market: someone who has money and doesn't want to put in time to research or upgrade. The rest of us would buy the regular priced one and put in the time/money into the right places instead of just throwing $500 worth of "stuff" at it.
Yeah, after 2 years, my Xmaxx still has no aluminum upgrades.. I admit, I am less abusive than some, but I just don't see the value in this "ultimate".. what's the true benefit of a half aluminum gearbox anyway? I never got that?🤷‍♂️

Yes, Traxxas is definitely the company that’s slipping. Meanwhile Horizon is shipping rigs with bad esc programming, selling models that they can’t get replacement parts for, bodies that crack at the seams after light use, double sometimes triple charging people for things they ordered. But this, this release is proof that Traxxas is the company that’s slipping and bad for all enthusiasts.

Yes, Traxxas is definitely the company that’s slipping. Meanwhile Horizon is shipping rigs with bad esc programming, selling models that they can’t get replacement parts for, bodies that crack at the seams after light use, double sometimes triple charging people for things they ordered. But this, this release is proof that Traxxas is the company that’s slipping and bad for all enthusiasts.
Yes!!😉🤣🤣
TBH I agree, just that the botched stuff is expected from lesser companies than TRX, LOL.
Perhaps the Xmaxx ultimate should be renamed? Xmaxx Bling edition?

Better way to enjoy that price point

1703001275124.png

As to the Xmaxx, I feel like a better set of wheels/tires and a modest boost in power would've been more appreciated. By me anyways.
You might be surprised. We have a little go kart for the kids with a 50cc motor and it is still fun for 200+ lbs adults.
Perhaps. I guess fun is indeed a relative term.. just like I felt the Xmaxx is fun as is, out of the box.. others need to double the motor size to have fun. Whatever it takes I guess.🍻

Last edited:
Marc takes Fanboy'ing to new extremes. He only has postive things to say about every vehicle that Traxxas releases. Yet, I've seen him point out multiple things about various Arrma & other brand rigs that he doesn't like. He even states how he plans on buying a few of these because they're "limited editions". I get it, I know Traxxas takes care of him, but man, the bias is unbelievable.

Marc takes Fanboy'ing to new extremes. He only has postive things to say about every vehicle that Traxxas releases. Yet, I've seen him point out multiple things about various Arrma & other brand rigs that he doesn't like. He even states how he plans on buying a few of these because they're "limited editions". I get it, I know Traxxas takes care of him, but man, the bias is unbelievable.

Mark is a dweeb and I’m not sure how he is as big as he is. Can’t stand watching that guys stuff.

Mark is a dweeb and I’m not sure how he is as big as he is. Can’t stand watching that guys stuff.
He's a cocky fella, can't figure out why though. I do recall one vid, not sure what TRX rig it was, where he was a bit critical of it. But in general, he seems arrogant to me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back