Kraton Yeah I missed it untill the very last bolt wa tightened šŸ¤«

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handzace

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Talion EXB
  7. Typhon 3s
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Typhon Mega
  10. Vendetta
  11. Infraction 4x4
So decided to give a good tuneup to my original kraton exb and with 80 percent parts had on hand that ended up not being used on a project for whatever reason
Build list
Mc2 f+r chassis brace
2.mc2 shock standoffs
3.mc2 shock towers f+r
Hobby wing max8 g2 and g3 motor sensored combo (impressive combo have one in one of my infractions )
4.ram jam axles and center shafts
5.hot racing steering link
6 red exb rpm control arms all around
7 hot racing hubs F+R

8.mc2 hinge pin mounts/blocks F+R on front and back
9.hot racing shock cap +bottom kit
So Iā€™m super happy how the build is going so I tear open the ā€œmade for kraton exb ā€œ motor mount and spool stand get it all buttoned up last bolt with lock tight and I go to put the roll cage on and guess what ? Yup the hot racing motor mount setup I had made for kraton mind you had no way of hooking the cage too! So my dilemma was wanted to keep this like an on hand abandoned new never used parts build but I def need my cage so I broke down and bought the hot racing motor mountā€ kitā€ with the with the ability to hook the roll cage too ā€¦..i wa so phsyjed to put all these new parts that Iā€™ve had lying around for diff stuff to useā€¦..attached some pics of the build and the hot racing motor mount you need if u want to use the cage ..I was happy to use up the hot racing stuff I had and didnā€™t think Iā€™d be ordering a hot racing motor mount again but had to keep with the theme ! But wow the pps mount is beautiful and u can attach the cage and will go on my kraton beefcake build ā€¦hopefully this saves someone from making the same mistake I did

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
So decided to give a good tuneup to my original kraton exb and with 80 percent parts had on hand that ended up not being used on a project for whatever reason
Build list
Mc2 f+r chassis brace
2.mc2 shock standoffs
3.mc2 shock towers f+r
Hobby wing max8 g2 and g3 motor sensored combo (impressive combo have one in one of my infractions )
4.ram jam axles and center shafts
5.hot racing steering link
6 red exb rpm control arms all around
7 hot racing hubs F+R

8.mc2 hinge pin mounts/blocks F+R on front and back
9.hot racing shock cap +bottom kit
So Iā€™m super happy how the build is going so I tear open the ā€œmade for kraton exb ā€œ motor mount and spool stand get it all buttoned up last bolt with lock tight and I go to put the roll cage on and guess what ? Yup the hot racing motor mount setup I had made for kraton mind you had no way of hooking the cage too! So my dilemma was wanted to keep this like an on hand abandoned new never used parts build but I def need my cage so I broke down and bought the hot racing motor mountā€ kitā€ with the with the ability to hook the roll cage too ā€¦..i wa so phsyjed to put all these new parts that Iā€™ve had lying around for diff stuff to useā€¦..attached some pics of the build and the hot racing motor mount you need if u want to use the cage ..I was happy to use up the hot racing stuff I had and didnā€™t think Iā€™d be ordering a hot racing motor mount again but had to keep with the theme ! But wow the pps mount is beautiful and u can attach the cage and will go on my kraton beefcake build ā€¦hopefully this saves someone from making the same mistake I did

View attachment 306989

View attachment 306990

View attachment 306991

View attachment 306993

View attachment 306999

View attachment 307001

View attachment 307002

View attachment 307010

View attachment 307011
Is it just me, or is that steering arm broken?

image.jpg

View attachment 307013

View attachment 307013
IMG_7068.jpeg
Hey brother No not broke itā€™s brand new Uses a pinch bolt so itā€™s split ā€¦.this was supposed to be a ā€œwhat I had on hand already build ā€œ besides the esc/motor ,and shock towers I had everything else from diff projects that went another route or came in a package deal thatā€™s why I went hot racing anyway but Iā€™m super happy with the build and the performance of the new hobby wing g2 esc paired with the g3 sensored motors is awesome a significant difference than a reg max8 or 10 by far ..way better run temps,time and the performance is impressive I have same setup I. A lot bashin drift infraction and just very impressive I have a new max5 860kv combo on order their back ordered but thatā€™s goin in my k8 Iā€™m taking out the reg max5 and 960kv hobbystar and smackin that 12s new monster in the monster lol canā€™t wait for the sensored max6 ! Canā€™t stress enough the diff in performance between the new sensored combos and the reg ones itā€™s significant

IMG_7069.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 307013
No Not broken, it is a Clamping Style Servo Arm/Horn. And there are pros and cons with them. Especially if you don't tighten in the correct sequence using Thread locker on the Screws. Can loosen up and strip out the servo arm and even worse, the Servo's splined Output shaft.(n)
Ask me how I know.
Some "clamping" Arms are better than others. I find the stocker Arrma servo arms/horns to be best.
Just that they don't have that supposed "Bling" HR look to them.:giggle: All showy.

Last edited:
No not broke itā€™s brand new Uses a pinch bolt so itā€™s split
No Not broken, it is a Clamping Style Servo Arm/Horn. And there are pros and cons with them. Especially if you don't tighten in the correct sequence using Thread locker on the Screws. Can loosen up and strip out the servo arm and even worse, the Servo's splined Output shaft.(n)
Ask me how I know.
Some "clamping" Arms are better than others. I find the stocker Arrma servo arms/horns to be best.
Just that they don't have that supposed "Bling" HR look to them.:giggle: All showy.
Thank your for the info brother I will def take the precautions and do what u recommended ā€¦like I said these parts have just been lying around I mean Iā€™ve had most these parts on hand for over a year or 2 most of them and was itching to use em on something instead of just going unused ..but I def understand where your coming from ..Iā€™d much rather have performance and endurance than bling any day all day ! Thanx for the info brother !

Got it ! Well finally Frankensteined complete hot racing motor mount/spur perch and cover plate ā€¦I had 2 diff hot racing motor mounts and had to order the top that will accept the roll cage ,drill and tap the aluminum diff/bearing caps and add spacers on the top plate 4 corners but sheā€™s in there ! ,works perfectly and now I get my cage back ! Lol think this is the last ā€œjunk draw buildā€ šŸ˜… all that work to get hot racing mods in there šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ no Iā€™m not thick headed at all šŸ¤£ I was in MUST USE ALL HOT RACING AND KRATON UPGRADES ON HAND !!!! Lol now to throw the cage on and take her for a rip !

IMG_7107.jpeg

IMG_7106.jpeg

IMG_7105.jpeg

IMG_7102.jpeg

70906285266__9842F480-D70E-4227-902D-988352110C6A.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back