You know you're old if...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a kid in the 60’s-70’s
See edit

They might have been cheaper. Can't remember perfectly. It was early mid 80s. The store had the rubber band ones too. All of em broke quick. At the checkout, they still used the punch key register & pull down handle. Next to it was a big jar of single wrapped bubble gum. Get one of those & glass Coke Cola in the pull down flap machine. And some peanuts. Put the peanuts in the Cola bottle.
The 5&dime also had a Sandy ride horse out front.

Last edited:
They might have been cheaper. Can't remember perfectly. It was early mid 80s. The store had the rubber band ones too. All of em broke quick. At the checkout, they still used the punch key register & pull down handle. Next to it was a big jar of single wrapped bubble gum. Get one of those & glass Coke Cola in the pull down flap machine. And some peanuts. Put the peanuts in the Cola bottle.
I knew guys that did the peanuts in the coke thing, but they were southern transplants to this area. My buddies dad had a long neck bottle pop machine in his garage. He kept if filled with miller long necks, and when we were working on cars we could have all the beer we could pay for, at 50 cents a bottle. You opened up a long skinny vertical door and grabbed the bottle by the cap end, pulled it straight out.

I knew guys that did the peanuts in the coke thing, but they were southern transplants to this area. My buddies dad had a long neck bottle pop machine in his garage. He kept if filled with miller long necks, and when we were working on cars we could have all the beer we could pay for, at 50 cents a bottle. You opened up a long skinny vertical door and grabbed the bottle by the cap end, pulled it straight out.
Yep, that's the machine. Peanuts in the Coke a Cola is definitely a southern thing as far as I know. I'm in Georgia.

Screenshot_20240512_153721_Instagram.jpg

My buddy had 1 to commute to his firefighter job in NYC and broke down on the way to work the morning of 9/11. By the time he got to work all his departments trucks were crushed and most of crew were killed. That car save his life but he still regrets not being there with his crew.
God bless America 🇺🇸 🙏

Last edited:
My buddy had 1 to commute to his firefighter job in NYC and broke down on the way to work the morning of 9/11. By the time he got to work all his departments trucks were crushed and most of crew were killed. That car save his life but he still regrets not being there with his crew.
God bless America 🇺🇸 🙏
That’s some heavy chit right there. Bless all of those guys. Bless everyone who doesn’t p’ssy out in the face of danger and just does what needs to be done. Those people are the real beautiful human beings.

That day, I was just cleaning out the garage after I wash the truck and wash the garage out. I blow dried all the water off of it. You didn’t notice the two pelican gun cases, though guns that won’t fit in the safe.

Or four of the eight lug nuts on each wheel

That day, I was just cleaning out the garage after I wash the truck and wash the garage out. I blow dried all the water off of it. You didn’t notice the two pelican gun cases, though guns that won’t fit in the safe.

Or four of the eight lug nuts on each wheel
Oh..now I see the gun cases. That gives you 2 options for blowing away things.

Back