Your daily drivers; cars, trucks, other vehicles, memory lane & current rides all real.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I said I wouldn’t upload any past cars but this is one of those cars I wish I never sold. This was before the GTR and inspired my forum names on many of the other forums. I miss this car. 2012 Cadillac CTSV 6 speed with ZR1 supercharger, injectors, cam, ethanol, and bolt-ons. Made 712 hp to the wheels when it was all done.

Being into dragracing I can tell you the late model supercharged Cadillacs are plenty quick. They are up there with the late model LS Camaros and Coyote Mustangs. If u never seen one make a pass they will blow your mind especially with a "tune". High end grocery getter and muscle car killer rolled up in one!

Being into dragracing I can tell you the late model supercharged Cadillacs are plenty quick. They are up there with the late model LS Camaros and Coyote Mustangs. If u never seen one make a pass they will blow your mind especially with a "tune". High end grocery getter and muscle car killer rolled up in one!
There's a dude on the cleetus mcfarland channel that has a somewhat modified late model cts. Shows up once in a while, then he breaks something.

There's a dude on the cleetus mcfarland channel that has a somewhat modified late model cts. Shows up once in a while, then he breaks something.
Friend of mine has one that's super reliable.

Are you replying to me or to the others? Mine was tuned, and fast. I wanted all wheel drive, my GTR can’t be beat out of a dig unless someone has a very modified car with a line lock, or AWD and similar specs. any car can be made fast though it’s all about $$$$. The thing I miss most about the V is that I never saw any others around, I see more GTRs. The reality is that both of those cars are not cheap to modify when you want to cross the 4 digit HP mark, but I’d rather have a McLaren 720s and call it a day ?.

Are you replying to me or to the others? Mine was tuned, and fast. I wanted all wheel drive, my GTR can’t be beat out of a dig unless someone has a very modified car with a line lock, or AWD and similar specs. any car can be made fast though it’s all about $$$$. The thing I miss most about the V is that I never saw any others around, I see more GTRs. The reality is that both of those cars are not cheap to modify when you want to cross the 4 digit HP mark, but I’d rather have a McLaren 720s and call it a day ?.
Replying about the others. Showroom stock with minimal mods and tune.

I can clearly see by the specs and hp #'s of your post that car was tweaked, tuned, and then some. Were talking apples and oranges here.

I am fully aware that hp=$. Been doing this a long time. Any car isn't cheap to make 1000 hp.

Obviously you make good $ to be able to afford these type of rides and that cool. I'm just an old school bracket racer that puts high dollar 8 second cars on the trailer.

Replying about the others. Showroom stock with minimal mods and tune.

I can clearly see by the specs and hp #'s of your post that car was tweaked, tuned, and then some. Were talking apples and oranges here.

I am fully aware that hp=$. Been doing this a long time. Any car isn't cheap to make 1000 hp.

Obviously you make good $ to be able to afford these type of rides and that cool. I'm just an old school bracket racer that puts high dollar 8 second cars on the trailer.

I still have my 03 C5 Z that I’ve had since day 1 that I’ll never sell. One day I’ll make that a dedicated track toy, but it was my daily driver for many years when I lived on the west coast. It has 230k (!) On the odometer and 200k of that fairly modified. The engine was refreshed 35k miles ago, so it shows how reliable GMs can be. The newer ones with FI stock are great after a simple tune and bolt ons for quick easy HP. I have a turbo waiting to go into mine, I always wanted a turbo LSX.

This was my daily driver for about 6 years (400k kms). Ran three others, 2 Sterlings and a Mack that were similar, since 1998 (over 1.5m kms to date). I custom designed every thing except the cab and chassis. 475 hp,13 speed, 40k lbs payload. Too bad it was an International. The Mack was my baby, like an Arrma on steroids. Pictures to follow. Cars don't cut it, once you've driven commercial trucks.?????

Attachments

• IMG_3548 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_3548 - Copy.jpg
    524.4 KB · Views: 33
This was my daily driver for about 6 years (400k kms). Ran three others, 2 Sterlings and a Mack that were similar, since 1998 (over 1.5m kms to date). I custom designed every thing except the cab and chassis. 475 hp,13 speed, 40k lbs payload. Too bad it was an International. The Mack was my baby, like an Arrma on steroids. Pictures to follow. Cars don't cut it, once you've driven commercial trucks.?????

I need one of those for NYC traffic

I still have my 03 C5 Z that I’ve had since day 1 that I’ll never sell. One day I’ll make that a dedicated track toy, but it was my daily driver for many years when I lived on the west coast. It has 230k (!) On the odometer and 200k of that fairly modified. The engine was refreshed 35k miles ago, so it shows how reliable GMs can be. The newer ones with FI stock are great after a simple tune and bolt ons for quick easy HP. I have a turbo waiting to go into mine, I always wanted a turbo LSX.
Hey GTR, Yeah the GM engines are reliable. 200K is nothing these days. Matter of fact many automakers has long lived engines due to the technology of today. Change your oil religiously and you're good.

I would like to have owned your 2012 Cat, that thing is a beast.

The McLaren is so sweet. There are a couple guys here that run them at "The Pad". They're pretty quick dragracing and the looks and sound is to die for.

When they come out they get a lot of attention. All I can do is drool.

Hey GTR, Yeah the GM engines are reliable. 200K is nothing these days. Matter of fact many automakers has long lived engines due to the technology of today. Change your oil religiously and you're good.

I would like to have owned your 2012 Cat, that thing is a beast.

The McLaren is so sweet. There are a couple guys here that run them at "The Pad". They're pretty quick dragracing and the looks and sound is to die for.

When they come out they get a lot of attention. All I can do is drool.
They are excellent drag racers, they really put the power down and are extremely underrated by the factory. I know a couple of guys did 9s factory stock, maybe a tune but won’t admit it.

They are excellent drag racers, they really put the power down and are extremely underrated by the factory. I know a couple of guys did 9s factory stock, maybe a tune but won’t admit it.
The guys here that have them I've only seen them run on the street. Fast but I didn't think no 9 sec. car. At the track with better grip maby so I don't know.

If those guys by you are bringing them to the track and running 9s, odds are they have tune. Either way doesn't matter to me. Nice cars.

The guys here that have them I've only seen them run on the street. Fast but I didn't think no 9 sec. car. At the track with better grip maby so I don't know.

If those guys by you are bringing them to the track and running 9s, odds are they have tune. Either way doesn't matter to me. Nice cars.
Yeah for sure, I’d love one going slow ?

Hi guys and thanks GMballistic for the invite. Thought I’d share some pics of my Evo6 I sold a few years ago which was my pride and joy and very much missed. Ran an Evo9 turbo, stage 1 cams, 3” stainless exhaust, EMS computer and the list goes on. Ran 400whp and 11.8 quarters.
My next project is an R35 which I have my heart set on.
Here’s a few pics.

Attachments

• 0C10A70A-8E0F-468A-B58D-4FB5D96E516E.jpeg
    0C10A70A-8E0F-468A-B58D-4FB5D96E516E.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 34
  • FAB0CEA6-081A-4538-9E78-F641B096C500.jpeg
    FAB0CEA6-081A-4538-9E78-F641B096C500.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 33
  • ED1B52F3-1E15-498E-9BE0-B68CC94E47AA.jpeg
    ED1B52F3-1E15-498E-9BE0-B68CC94E47AA.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 45E90EC4-B2DE-4FA3-8114-E0299DAFC822.jpeg
    45E90EC4-B2DE-4FA3-8114-E0299DAFC822.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 28
  • F313D982-086D-4180-8538-1590EC646485.jpeg
    F313D982-086D-4180-8538-1590EC646485.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 26
  • C44C39FE-E281-4627-A5C8-8895111E6B9B.jpeg
    C44C39FE-E281-4627-A5C8-8895111E6B9B.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 32
I have had something like 28 cars I have lost count... There was some years where I changed cars every 6 months. Just always wanted to try certain cars and see what they were like. Typically I didn't like them as much as I expected to and moved on.

Much like my RC cars I was into speed, power, and adrenaline!

Some highlights from the past:

91' MR2 Turbo
87' Buick Regal T-Type (in progress of a paint job in this pic)
Capture6.JPG

3 Nissan 240sx when I was into drifting (way before it was mainstream). This one was my favorite 95' converted to 97 front end. Picture was somewhere around the year 2004.
Capture1.JPG

Suzuki SV1000S 2 accidents on this (people hit me) is why I have neck/back pain today.
Capture2.JPG

Toyota MR2 Spyder (known as the MR-S in other countries) swapped in a Honda K20 with 6-speed and LSD.
9,200 rpm 200whp n/a poor mans Lotus Elise
Capture4.JPG

Built my first exhaust manifold with that build
manifoldCapture.JPG

Then I built a Yamaha Banshee with a GSXR 600 motor. Sold it and built another with a GSXR 750 motor.
I can say that it spun the tires till about 70mph with confidence. 142hp quad is just crazy!!!!

banshee 1Capture.JPG

banshee 2.JPG

Hi guys and thanks GMballistic for the invite. Thought I’d share some pics of my Evo6 I sold a few years ago which was my pride and joy and very much missed. Ran an Evo9 turbo, stage 1 cams, 3” stainless exhaust, EMS computer and the list goes on. Ran 400whp and 11.8 quarters.
My next project is an R35 which I have my heart set on.
Here’s a few pics.
Best thing about your Evo is the steering wheel is on the correct side. :) Looks good and went well too by the sounds of the description.

I've got my heart set on the R35 too and the best bit about them is that they're super car killers right out of the box (so to speak). :cool:
I've got a "Super Car Experience" day voucher to use next year that my old man bought me for my birthday, ...I get to choose 3 cars to drive from like 20 super car options; R35 is top of my list and luckily they have one. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back