YoWoo Graphene 6000mAh 4s LiPo long-term review đź‘Ž

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My yowoo were doing awesome and I love the performance. I did recently have a problem with them though. I had 1 cell start to go bad on 2 different 6s packs. Really frustrating too as I recommended these batteries all over the forums. I still think the performance is amazing compared to other batteries I've tried but yea. 1 cell takes 4x longer to charge than all the others, it also drains faster than the others and the ohm is still low but 3x higher than the others.

I'm not really sure what packs to try next though as again, the yowoo have out preformed both zee and sockin. I do run my packs every single day so they get used a lot but still, I don't think I'm anywhere near even 150 cycles on any of these packs.

I think for a bang vs buck you can't beat the CNHL G+, UK warehouse has no stock currently so I'm out of luck atm :(
Trying to get me some of the 3s 6000mAh ones, looks like I'll be playing the waiting game......

I think for a bang vs buck you can't beat the CNHL G+, UK warehouse has no stock currently so I'm out of luck atm :(
Trying to get me some of the 3s 6000mAh ones, looks like I'll be playing the waiting game......
The 6000 mah+ CNHL G+ batts aren't in stock in the US either.

I have 10 Yowoo graphenes and 4 I had put to storage charge and stored them over winter, all 4 lost so much volts that they couldn’t be charged.
Yowoo graphenes do weird poop when stored for extenteded periods even if you have them perfect at storage charge. When Yowoo are used several times a week or more is when they are at their best, for some reason 2-3 months after being on storage charge these lipo’s either rapidly lose or gain voltage. I had 4 Yowoo “dry up” as I put it over the winter. Each of them had at least one cell at voltage level too low even to recover the battery. The first 6s 5000mah 100C yowoo lasted over 700 full runs and like 800 cycles and it never lost its heft punch and only lost a small amount of capacity going from 5100mah and the last time I charged it I remember it said 5011mah.
If you buy big expensive graphene lipo’s I only suggest Yowoo if it’s going to be in near daily use. The first couple hundred cycles as long as used correctly and charged correctly the performance of my yowoo kept getting better for the first 6 months I had it.

I have 10 Yowoo graphenes and 4 I had put to storage charge and stored them over winter, all 4 lost so much volts that they couldn’t be charged.
Yowoo graphenes do weird poop when stored for extenteded periods even if you have them perfect at storage charge. When Yowoo are used several times a week or more is when they are at their best, for some reason 2-3 months after being on storage charge these lipo’s either rapidly lose or gain voltage. I had 4 Yowoo “dry up” as I put it over the winter. Each of them had at least one cell at voltage level too low even to recover the battery. The first 6s 5000mah 100C yowoo lasted over 700 full runs and like 800 cycles and it never lost its heft punch and only lost a small amount of capacity going from 5100mah and the last time I charged it I remember it said 5011mah.
If you buy big expensive graphene lipo’s I only suggest Yowoo if it’s going to be in near daily use. The first couple hundred cycles as long as used correctly and charged correctly the performance of my yowoo kept getting better for the first 6 months I had it.

Their price, performance, and quality do not compare to some other options. I won't purchase YoWoo again.
When they very first launched it was ok because they were discounted, but now their price is too high for what you get compared to something like the CNHL G+.

Now I have onyx mccoy 4s packs and couldn't imagine returning to a lesser pack for the speed uses I punish them with.

Their price, performance, and quality do not compare to some other options. I won't purchase YoWoo again.
When they very first launched it was ok because they were discounted, but now their price is too high for what you get compared to something like the CNHL G+.

Now I have onyx mccoy 4s packs and couldn't imagine returning to a lesser pack for the speed uses I punish them with.
Yowoo prices are a lot cheaper than they were a few years ago. They were $110 ish+
For a 6s 5000mah 100C and those are selling for $79 now, or around $79. Their prices have fallen by a huge %. But their inability to hold a storage charge for long periods limits their use to people who would use them almost daily like me.
As a control I had 4 HRB 50c lipos on storage in the same case as the yowoo graphenes for the exact same amount of time. All 4 HRB are still at storage charge and still work just as good. HRB, Yowoo, and Youme are all made in the same factory but the regular HRB lipos are the most durable lipos that can really take a beating without puffing or going bad. Specifically the HRB 4S 6000mah 50C hard case are very rugged and able to take beating after beating.

Last edited:
They used to be good, now they are just run-of-the-mill like all the other low-cost solutions.
Seems to be that they make a grand entry and on the next batch they use the same rejects as all the other Amazon lipos.
Still ok for bashing, but wouldn't use them for more demanding applications.

They used to be good, now they are just run-of-the-mill like all the other low-cost solutions.
Seems to be that they make a grand entry and on the next batch they use the same rejects as all the other Amazon lipos.
Still ok for bashing, but wouldn't use them for more demanding applications.
That's almost like the cookie cutter template for a bunch of these lipo companies. Gotta make a name for yourself? Invest in getting decent cells to start out with and make decent packs. Once you have reputation and repeating customers, dial things back a bit. After all, this is a marathon, not a sprint race, right??? I mean, who would actually want consistency? Come out with an updated lipo model based off your best selling model, but would be slightly lower performer or relax your QC. After all, you're an established company. Your name has value, so you start to increase prices a bit because you're thought of as a "reliable company". And also, you can also charge slightly more because you're coming out with "new models". And the customer is unaware because it's "almost" like the previous model, close enough to be a coincidence. And slowly lower quality over time in search of greater profits.

Sorry, rant over.

That's almost like the cookie cutter template for a bunch of these lipo companies. Gotta make a name for yourself? Invest in getting decent cells to start out with and make decent packs. Once you have reputation and repeating customers, dial things back a bit. After all, this is a marathon, not a sprint race, right??? I mean, who would actually want consistency? Come out with an updated lipo model based off your best selling model, but would be slightly lower performer or relax your QC. After all, you're an established company. Your name has value, so you start to increase prices a bit because you're thought of as a "reliable company". And also, you can also charge slightly more because you're coming out with "new models". And the customer is unaware because it's "almost" like the previous model, close enough to be a coincidence. And slowly lower quality over time in search of greater profits.

Sorry, rant over.
Very true.

At one point we all knew and it had been verified that the Turnigy Panther lipos were the same cells as the CNHL G+ 70c, but some said better matched cells / higher quality packs. Then last year they changed the cells for lower quality.

Initially, I wouldn't have minded paying a little extra for the Turnigy pack over CNHL given the cells were better matched, but now their price remains higher and the cells are not as good as CNHL.

This stuff makes it so hard as a consumer to get the products you want. Now, I have only CNHL and ONYX going forward and zero issues other than my own mistakes :LOL:

I will say that my yowoo have had no problem in storage. I still use a few of the 6s packs every once in a while. I mainly use smc and cnhl. SMC lipo start to annoying me though because I feel like I'm always having one get a little bit gassy though it doesn't seem to affect anything.

Long-term review of the YoWoo 4s 6000mAh đź‘Ž
Not very happy

I have two of these 4s packs. Last summer/fall I used them in an RC boat running 4s.
A side note here is that boats are tuff on LiPos...

In this specific case, I logged data with the XLX2 so we can see what specific abuse they got to see. These were speed run types of pulls where I was testing the speed, RPMs, and amperage needs of various propellers for the boat. Each pass was around 10 seconds with a slow drive back to the starting point so the water cooling can cool the motor and ESC. I would make around 3-4 passes and then bring the boat in and head home.

LiPos were always kept at storage voltage as soon as I got home and kept at 69-78 F indoors.

View attachment 238119

Fast forward to this summer they had been on the shelf in the 3.78-3.85 voltage range in storage. and cells are puffed. ( @Tex Koder noticed this also)

After they had been sitting on the shelf for about 6 months I checked them and they were around 3.78v per cell and very unbalanced. Re-balanced them to about 3.83v and shelved them for another 3 months. Had them out this month and did 2 full charges to storage cycles to see how healthy they are.

Checked with the cell checker and each pack has at least 2 cells over 15 mOhms.
20mOhms and 28mOhms were the high ones.

Time to be retired!
Really bummed that I spend so much on these and they didn't last a full year with maybe 10 runs on each one.

View attachment 238118

Other things to note on these.
Rather than fiberglass G10 plates to protect the lipos they use thin aluminum which is very sharp.

View attachment 238121

The cells appear to be their own as they have them stamped with the YoWoo name and cell type. Sorry for the blurry image.

View attachment 238122
Junk

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back