YoWoo Graphene 6000mAh 4s LiPo long-term review 👎

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon 6s
Long-term review of the YoWoo 4s 6000mAh 👎
Not very happy

I have two of these 4s packs. Last summer/fall I used them in an RC boat running 4s.
A side note here is that boats are tuff on LiPos...

In this specific case, I logged data with the XLX2 so we can see what specific abuse they got to see. These were speed run types of pulls where I was testing the speed, RPMs, and amperage needs of various propellers for the boat. Each pass was around 10 seconds with a slow drive back to the starting point so the water cooling can cool the motor and ESC. I would make around 3-4 passes and then bring the boat in and head home.

LiPos were always kept at storage voltage as soon as I got home and kept at 69-78 F indoors.

1661193554998.png

Fast forward to this summer they had been on the shelf in the 3.78-3.85 voltage range in storage. and cells are puffed. ( @Tex Koder noticed this also)

After they had been sitting on the shelf for about 6 months I checked them and they were around 3.78v per cell and very unbalanced. Re-balanced them to about 3.83v and shelved them for another 3 months. Had them out this month and did 2 full charges to storage cycles to see how healthy they are.

Checked with the cell checker and each pack has at least 2 cells over 15 mOhms.
20mOhms and 28mOhms were the high ones.

Time to be retired!
Really bummed that I spend so much on these and they didn't last a full year with maybe 10 runs on each one.

1661193521044.png

Other things to note on these.
Rather than fiberglass G10 plates to protect the lipos they use thin aluminum which is very sharp.

1661193812135.png

The cells appear to be their own as they have them stamped with the YoWoo name and cell type. Sorry for the blurry image.

1661193858421.png

Any long term information to compare them to Graphene Panthers? I really like my 4S 6k TGPs. Running them 2S2P (8S, 12k mah) I was getting torque roll on my BJ42 with Stock Prop. The new 6k G+ are dimensionally near identical to the TGP, so I can't help but think they may be the same but rebranded.

Seems like the YoWoo craze really was too good to be true.

Any long term information to compare them to Graphene Panthers? I really like my 4S 6k TGPs. Running them 2S2P (8S, 12k mah) I was getting torque roll on my BJ42 with Stock Prop. The new 6k G+ are dimensionally near identical to the TGP, so I can't help but think they may be the same but rebranded.

Seems like the YoWoo craze really was too good to be true.

I have heard many many many reports that the turnigy panthers are the same as the CNHL G+70c but might be the better cells / better matched.
***Edit see posts below that explain that may have only been the case in past years.

Last edited:
And I just bought some Yowoo LiPos...
Hopefully they'll last, I got the normal ones and they were only $50 for 2 3s.

Well, I'm glad I read your review as I've currently got these in my Amazon cart.!!
Once I leave here I'll head over there and remove them :(
@LibertyMKiii .. If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for them ??

Well, I'm glad I read your review as I've currently got these in my Amazon cart.!!
Once I leave here I'll head over there and remove them :(
@LibertyMKiii .. If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for them ??

I don't recall but it was something like $70 each back then.

@ABabyEater
Stay away from Graphene Panther, this year they are just re-packaged Yellow Zippy cells. Over in RC group the tests are running and that was pretty much their conclusion.
I already have 4 from last year, don't need anymore at the moment. Last I checked the true C rating spreadsheet had them at the top next to the SMC SRD packs.

And I just bought some Yowoo LiPos...
Hopefully they'll last, I got the normal ones and they were only $50 for 2 3s.

I think in the average RC car running a 150a esc they will be fine.
I don't think they liked the 200+ amp exposure I gave them. Heat is always a factor also. I may have overheated them in the RC boat.

Contrast that to my CNHL G+70c packs that have been subjected to 4 runs over 500 amps and 2 runs over 600 amps and are still healthy as an 🐂.
They are my new favorites for durability and power.

Long-term review of the YoWoo 4s 6000mAh 👎
Not very happy

I have two of these 4s packs. Last summer/fall I used them in an RC boat running 4s.
A side note here is that boats are tuff on LiPos...

In this specific case, I logged data with the XLX2 so we can see what specific abuse they got to see. These were speed run types of pulls where I was testing the speed, RPMs, and amperage needs of various propellers for the boat. Each pass was around 10 seconds with a slow drive back to the starting point so the water cooling can cool the motor and ESC. I would make around 3-4 passes and then bring the boat in and head home.

LiPos were always kept at storage voltage as soon as I got home and kept at 69-78 F indoors.

View attachment 238119

Fast forward to this summer they had been on the shelf in the 3.78-3.85 voltage range in storage. and cells are puffed. ( @Tex Koder noticed this also)

After they had been sitting on the shelf for about 6 months I checked them and they were around 3.78v per cell and very unbalanced. Re-balanced them to about 3.83v and shelved them for another 3 months. Had them out this month and did 2 full charges to storage cycles to see how healthy they are.

Checked with the cell checker and each pack has at least 2 cells over 15 mOhms.
20mOhms and 28mOhms were the high ones.

Time to be retired!
Really bummed that I spend so much on these and they didn't last a full year with maybe 10 runs on each one.

View attachment 238118

Other things to note on these.
Rather than fiberglass G10 plates to protect the lipos they use thin aluminum which is very sharp.

View attachment 238121

The cells appear to be their own as they have them stamped with the YoWoo name and cell type. Sorry for the blurry image.

View attachment 238122
Excellent info! I was considering these in the 5000mah range for 4s and 4000mah for 6s and glad I didn't impulse by.

I've always wished there was a way to have a standing "rating" system for various RC parts. Segregated out by part type. In this case lipos. So then we could aggregate the experiences of all the forum members. i would say reviews from forums members, particularly ones that know how to take care of their stuff, hold much greater weight than 100 amazon reviews where you have less confidence that the part has been treated in the way it should.

I think in the average RC car running a 150a esc they will be fine.
I don't think they liked the 200+ amp exposure I gave them. Heat is always a factor also. I may have overheated them in the RC boat.

Contrast that to my CNHL G+70c packs that have been subjected to 4 runs over 500 amps and 2 runs over 600 amps and are still healthy as an 🐂.
They are my new favorites for durability and power.
Yeah, I'll be going light on the throttle in my Notorious mainly due to heat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back