ZD Racing shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lesson learnt. That’s the name of the game sometimes the hard way????
Anybody interested in some aluminum hop ups? The only thing I’m impressed with is the HR bellcrank.

Anybody interested in some aluminum hop ups? The only thing I’m impressed with is the HR bellcrank.
The HR yokes and pivot balls are decent too. I also own the hubs and steering blocks, but I stopped breaking those as often.

I gotta little excited with this one. (A lot of aluminum)Definitely lesson learned. Life goes on. I’ll keep bashing.
The HR yokes and pivot balls are decent too. I also own the hubs and steering blocks, but I stopped breaking those as often.
I got steering blocks, hubs front/back and pivot balls. I was looking at the yokes and differential carrier case.
Love these! Broke a few of the stock ones.
3F119E32-842F-4FC2-8D09-79F832A5F813.jpeg

Last edited:
I gotta little excited with this one. (A lot of aluminum)Definitely lesson learned. Life goes on. I’ll keep bashing.

I got steering blocks, hubs front/back and pivot balls. I was looking at the yokes and differential carrier case.

Love these! Broke a few of the stock ones. View attachment 74479
Yup those are a must

I gotta bunch of replacements for the case that melted, just a pain cleaning all the melted plastic off the slipper. Wonder what caused this? Slipper too tight? I do have the arrma steel slipper mod.
6AE97D31-C380-4C07-B4EE-6DDB625C0B5C.jpeg

I gotta bunch of replacements for the case that melted, just a pain cleaning all the melted plastic off the slipper. Wonder what caused this? Slipper too tight? I do have the arrma steel slipper mod. View attachment 74500
Bearing is shot is my guess

Bearing is shot is my guess
Weird! It’s shot now, has plastic all over it. Put another FastEddys bearing in there and put it back together. We’ll see!??

Kind of hard to see but I grabbed these big bore shocks on ebay and they made the car run like crap on the track at my house. And I lost most of my turning. I found the link to them on a thread I saw on here so idk if I just clicked something wrong or what but I guess I'm gonna just have to spend the 100 on the 6s shocks. My stock ones work great w clips to stiffen em. But they're leaking now and eventually going to keep bending.

Attachments

• 20200330_200108.jpg
    20200330_200108.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 79
Weird! It’s shot now, has plastic all over it. Put another FastEddys bearing in there and put it back together. We’ll see!??
Nope! Maybe it’s time to place a parts order. Yoke melted too! Shredded all the teeth off the input.
97A2A4D9-BD27-4FAA-882C-8DBC9F0F2862.jpeg

Nope! Maybe it’s time to place a parts order. Yoke melted too! Shredded all the teeth off the input. View attachment 74534
The hell first time i see it happen with rubber sealed bearings. Get the alluminum yokes if you want at this point instead of getting the plastic yokes again.
A very loose alipper could be the other reason for the melting plastic

The hell first time i see it happen with rubber sealed bearings. Get the alluminum yokes if you want at this point instead of getting the plastic yokes again.
A very loose alipper could be the other reason for the melting plastic
Idk, it shredded the input. I think all that plastic got hot and just melted. If anything, I was worried my slipper was too tight??‍♂️ I do have the aluminum yokes on the way??

Last edited:
Idk, it shredded the input. I think all that plastic hot and just melted. If anything, I was worried my always too tight??‍♂️ I do have the aluminum yokes on the way??
If the slipper is tight not much heat would be generate same thing when its proprely tuned but if its ridicoulously loose the slipper plates spinning causing friction can generate a ton of heat and eventually reach melting point of plastic
Also get a few shims of the same size as the stock one or thinner i had to shim mine when i got the hot racing yokes i had a bit of play

If the slipper is tight not much heat would be generate same thing when its proprely tuned but if its ridicoulously loose the slipper plates spinning causing friction can generate a ton of heat and eventually reach melting point of plastic
Also get a few shims of the same size as the stock one or thinner i had to shim mine when i got the hot racing yokes i had a bit of play
I just did a post about the shims, definitely has play. Mine didn’t have any from the factory. I’ll make sure it’s tight. I don’t think it was loose though. It would pull the front wheels off the ground instantly.?‍♂️

I just did a post about the shims, definitely has play. Mine didn’t have any from the factory. I’ll make sure it’s tight. I don’t think it was loose though. It would pull the front wheels off the ground instantly.?‍♂️
If the clutch is set like factory then should be alright
When i say play on my diff i mean my crown gear was able to move up and down between the yokes

If the clutch is set like factory then should be alright
When i say play on my diff i mean my crown gear was able to move up and down between the yokes
I’ve definitely messed with it. How snug should the slipper be?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back