“Ladies First” Another NON-Arrma build…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littlemotor

My Member is Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
So I know my build threads don’t see a ton of traffic being non-Arrma, but I like this place, and the members so… Plus the Tekno forum is a ghost town, fakebook groups suck balls, and I’ve always preferred the bashing crowd over most racers in a forum setting. I don’t piss all over stuff I don’t own because it’s different than what I do own, and most guys here seem to be the same more often than not.

That being said-this is another build I’m wrapping up for my girl this go ‘round.. It’s a Tekno ET48 2.0 I picked up used for a smokin’ deal that was fairly clean. It came with a Tekin T8 2050KV, and a Tekin digital servo to handle steering duties. The chassis barely had a scratch on it, and the guy MAYBE put a half hour on the thing..

I ALWAYS tear them down to every last fastener, and go through everything. Found a few things the previous owner f’d up on the build, and a couple other things that needed attention as well. I sold her bulletproofed Talion, and bought this as it makes more sense for us being that I run all Tekno buggies, and truggies aside from one Associated RC8 nitro buggy.. Keeps the parts supply from really getting out of control with many different brands.

I think it turned out really nice, and she’s stoked AF to get this thing back on the dirt.. I’m not going over every little detail like I did on my “Gemini Twins” build thread on my profile, but you can see a lot of the things I did, sourced, and changed from the before pics.. Enjoy, and thanks for putting up with my brand-X nonsense. 😅🤷🏻‍♂️🍻

IMG_2502.jpeg
IMG_2498.png
IMG_3566.jpeg
IMG_3569.jpeg
IMG_3578.jpeg
IMG_3635.jpeg
IMG_3641.jpeg
IMG_3642.jpeg
IMG_3644.jpeg
IMG_3645.jpeg
IMG_3646.jpeg
IMG_3647.jpeg
IMG_3648.jpeg
IMG_3650.jpeg
IMG_3651.jpeg

Tekno does what they call a “gun metal” with most of their aluminum parts, and while I’m not always worried about that kind of stuff compared to function, performance, and durability; I really wanted to make this truck “hers”, so I did as much homework as I could on stuff that I hadn’t seen others attempt, and made my “best guesses” accordingly for a number of parts. Also did the J&T Titanium turnbuckles in “oil slick”, and grabbed a bunch of hot pink washers, and nuts from Ultimate Racing.. The body will be Pink, purple, and teal over a white background, and am having Boom Graphics do some custom Tekno, Tekin, Futaba, J&T, etc. decals, as well as a wing wrap for her, and custom “driver’s name” for the window, and wing plates.. I also went ahead and did all the Tekno upgrades I did on my own trucks with hers, including light weight towers, 2.1 front end, and a number of other modifications throughout the build that nobody ever see’s..

IMG_3671.jpeg
IMG_3683.jpeg
IMG_3684.jpeg
IMG_3705.jpeg
IMG_3704.jpeg
IMG_3706.jpeg
IMG_3724.jpeg
IMG_3733.jpeg
IMG_3753.jpeg
IMG_3757.jpeg
IMG_3759.jpeg
IMG_3760.jpeg
IMG_3774.jpeg
IMG_3775.jpeg
IMG_3776.jpeg

Last edited:
So I know my build threads don’t see a ton of traffic being non-Arrma, but I like this place, and the members so… Plus the Tekno forum is a ghost town, fakebook groups suck balls, and I’ve always preferred the bashing crowd over most racers in a forum setting. I don’t piss all over stuff I don’t own because it’s different than what I do own, and most guys here seem to be the same more often than not.

This is a 🙅‍♂️🚫 No suck donkey balls Zone!

That being said-this is another build I’m wrapping up for my girl this go ‘round.. It’s a Tekno ET48 2.0 I picked up used for a smokin’ deal that was fairly clean. It came with a Tekin T8 2050KV, and a Tekin digital servo to handle steering duties. The chassis barely had a scratch on it, and the guy MAYBE put a half hour on the thing..

I ALWAYS tear them down to every last fastener, and go through everything. Found a few things the previous owner f’d up on the build, and a couple other things that needed attention as well. I sold her bulletproofed Talion, and bought this as it makes more sense for us being that I run all Tekno buggies, and truggies aside from one Associated RC8 nitro buggy.. Keeps the parts supply from really getting out of control with many different brands.

I think it turned out really nice, and she’s stoked AF to get this thing back on the dirt.. I’m not going over every little detail like I did on my “Gemini Twins” build thread on my profile, but you can see a lot of the things I did, sourced, and changed from the before pics.. Enjoy, and thanks for putting up with my brand-X nonsense. 😅🤷🏻‍♂️🍻

View attachment 361874View attachment 361875View attachment 361876View attachment 361877View attachment 361878View attachment 361879View attachment 361880View attachment 361881View attachment 361882View attachment 361883View attachment 361884View attachment 361885View attachment 361887View attachment 361888View attachment 361890

Only one word comes to mind >>

Meticulous!

IMG_3777.jpeg
IMG_3778.jpeg
IMG_3779.jpeg
IMG_3780.jpeg

Pretty sick that a few items react to the black light in the Man(child)cave/RC Dungeon too..🤣🤩

Just waiting on my bottle of ChromaAir “Maybe Mint” teal to arrive from Spraygunners, and I’ll shoot the lid with her new ‘80’s graphics, and lay down the custom decals. The only odds and ends mechanically/electrically left for me to handle is the Ruddog 40mm motor fan, Reds Racing holder, and a 100mm Tekin sensor wire for the motor/ESC.. I believe she’s got one more set of JConcepts tires coming as well.

I’m really excited with how it turned out, and realllllllllly glad to see how excited she has been over it… I was a gnat’s ass away from video’n how cracked the F out she got over seeing it yesterday evening.. FINALLY about to build the 1/8 off-road backyard track now..😳🤩🤙

Thanks again for reading, and checking out the build y’all! 🍻

Well organized workbench.
Thanks brothaman! It stays that way even while working for the most part lol.. Always been this way-and likely need my head examined or someshit..🤪

This is a 🙅‍♂️🚫 No suck donkey balls Zone!

Only one word comes to mind >>

Meticulous!
Man, I appreciate it buddy! I’m sure it bugs the F out of a lot of people lol.. When I was wrenching for a living on 1:1 stuff, I caught a lot of ribbing from my fellow techs, but my work got done with a quickness none the less, and I RARELY ever had any comebacks..😎

Last edited:
Dude, what a beautiful build. Mad respect. And holy crap, look at those C-hubs!! Don’t tell me that you can actually adjust toe, Ackerman angle, caster, AND camber?!?!? What a concept…

Dude, what a beautiful build. Mad respect. And holy crap, look at those C-hubs!! Don’t tell me that you can actually adjust toe, Ackerman angle, caster, AND camber?!?!? What a concept…
Thanks so much for the kind words El Duderino! She’ll appreciate it too-I shot her a link to the thread..😅 yepper-they’re some serious C-hubs indeed.. Back before Gil sold Losi off to Horizon in around 2007, Losi began optimizing C-hub adjustability, and function with the very first Losi 8ight buggy. I had that, and the 8ight T, and loved them..
8ight buggy w/MR Ninja .21 (around ‘07)
IMG_9789.jpeg

8ight-T w/MR Ninja .28 (around ‘07)
IMG_9783.jpeg

I believe Xray may have brought the a, b, c, and d-block pills fine tuning to mainstream race grade off-road kits, and then Tekno put it all together especially well imo with the 2.0, and then the 2.1 spindle/carrier design. They’re still a c-hub as far as how they work in my eyes, and farrrrrrrr more durable than the OG design that Kyosho still utilizes, as well as the HB setup. My associated nitro buggy is pillow ball, which is one reason I bought it, as I like driving both designs. The Pillowball design is often regarded as being the most durable of the two, but I can absolutely say I’d put my Tekno’s up against my associated all day long without worry.. hell man-I like it all! That’s why I like it here on this particular forum 🤙🍻

Thanks so much for the kind words El Duderino! She’ll appreciate it too-I shot her a link to the thread..😅 yepper-they’re some serious C-hubs indeed.. Back before Gil sold Losi off to Horizon in around 2007, Losi began optimizing C-hub adjustability, and function with the very first Losi 8ight buggy. I had that, and the 8ight T, and loved them..
8ight buggy w/MR Ninja .21 (around ‘07)
View attachment 361927

8ight-T w/MR Ninja .28 (around ‘07)
View attachment 361928

I believe Xray may have brought the a, b, c, and d-block pills fine tuning to mainstream race grade off-road kits, and then Tekno put it all together especially well imo with the 2.0, and then the 2.1 spindle/carrier design. They’re still a c-hub as far as how they work in my eyes, and farrrrrrrr more durable than the OG design that Kyosho still utilizes, as well as the HB setup. My associated nitro buggy is pillow ball, which is one reason I bought it, as I like driving both designs. The Pillowball design is often regarded as being the most durable of the two, but I can absolutely say I’d put my Tekno’s up against my associated all day long without worry.. hell man-I like it all! That’s why I like it here on this particular forum 🤙🍻
I agree. This may be the Arrma forum, but it has the best and most active hobbyist braintrust of any other forum I’ve been on. As far as I’m concerned, promoting and illustrating builds from other brands leads to a better understanding of most aspects of the hobby in general and can promote some “out of the box” thinking when approaching builds. It’s very helpful to see other brands and setups, and I think most here would agree. Beautiful rigs, man.

Where’s the my laps with that Tekin?

Nice race rig!

I haven’t formally raced with a transponder in yearrrrrrrrrrs lol.. I like the relaxed atmosphere of fast race grade kits on a backyard track. I’m ultra competitive likely due to my childhood, and when the transponder comes out, and it’s all about that podium, and the structure of it all; the fun goes right out the window for me.. Thanks for the kind words man, it means a lot! I don’t hate on any RTR stuff, or other brands, etc, I just prefer kits, and been doing it a long time. I’m also not scared to backflip my junk! 😈🤙

I’ve been ultra fortunate over the years to always end up with a sick private track to run at with like-minded individuals, but that hasn’t been the case most recently since moving into our current house. That is FINALLY about to change though, as we’ve gotten the “OK” from those it might bother, to build a 1/8 scale off-road track in the ginormous back yard.. It’s roughly 160’ wide by probably 75-80’ deep, with tons of wide open room, and my deck is centered perfectly off the back of the house. lots of corrugated 4” drain pipe is coming asap…🤩. I’ll definitely post progress pics of the project!

I agree. This may be the Arrma forum, but it has the best and most active hobbyist braintrust of any other forum I’ve been on. As far as I’m concerned, promoting and illustrating builds from other brands leads to a better understanding of most aspects of the hobby in general and can promote some “out of the box” thinking when approaching builds. It’s very helpful to see other brands and setups, and I think most here would agree. Beautiful rigs, man.

I could not agree more. And thank you dude-seriously. They really tie the room together..😉

Even outside of my hobbies, I don’t surround myself with “cookie cutter” friends.. How can you continue to learn new shiit everyday, when you’re always around the same shiit, or same folks..🤷🏻‍♂️😅. I’ve actually been kicking around the idea of an MT410 for a while, but may just have to scoop up a Gorgon for some MT fun.. And I’m trying HARD not to buy a Limitless or Infraction for some asphalt bashing…😅

Love it, man. And that workspace, proper. I line everything up and keep things clean like this too. Makes concentration so much better.
Thanks Bruce! It just happens… I’ve tried to set shiit down in disarray, and my hand just won’t follow my brain’s orders..🤣 You’re right man-it just goes faster for me lol.. and if I need a stopping point, or something comes up; it’s a helluva lot easier to press pause until I can get back on it.. 🍻

The paint I’m waiting on from my dudes down at SprayGunners will be here Monday it’s looking like.. rough-trimmed out the body, and I’ll wash all (4) of them, and start laying down my liquid mask.. Then onto the graphics, a TON of knife work, and finally PAINT!!! Hell to the yayooooo..😎

IMG_3867.jpeg

Back