Fireteam “Not another Fireteam build” Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You talked me into it, I’m trading in my FT body! It definitely makes it top heavy, which affects jumping and overall handling from a higher center of gravity.
I was just about to order the BasherQueen mount to put the Kraton body on my chassis when I saw a post about an Infraction body on a Mojave. Since I have a FT that come with Kraton arms, I don’t believe I’ll need to add any hub extenders to make it work. I also ordered the Mojave side guards to help cut down on the dirt in the chassis. Thanks for helping to push me this way, I’ll update when I get all the parts in and installed.
I actually like the Fireteam body, it's just so different from the norm.

You could always give it a diet (@slick2500 style). With no panels on it gives you lots of option to make a skeleton the driver or something :LOL:

I actually like the Fireteam body, it's just so different from the norm.

You could always give it a diet (@slick2500 style). With no panels on it gives you lots of option to make a skeleton the driver or something :LOL:
Being ex-military I really love it too! Not only is it unique, but it reminds me of all the cool stuff I used to ride in. My favorite being a Stryker! It’s really 2 fold for me. It’s much lighter, and I also have a Limitless I want to put it on. I do 3D design, and I already have side skirts with a body lock for the Limitless on here. With this body I can design some for the Infraction with a body lock.

You talked me into it, I’m trading in my FT body! It definitely makes it top heavy, which affects jumping and overall handling from a higher center of gravity.
I was just about to order the BasherQueen mount to put the Kraton body on my chassis when I saw a post about an Infraction body on a Mojave. Since I have a FT that come with Kraton arms, I don’t believe I’ll need to add any hub extenders to make it work. I also ordered the Mojave side guards to help cut down on the dirt in the chassis. Thanks for helping to push me this way, I’ll update when I get all the parts in and installed.
The stock Fireteam comes with the same arms as a Kraton already, it is the hubs, stub axles and hexes that are different.

The stock Fireteam comes with the same arms as a Kraton already, it is the hubs, stub axles and hexes that are different.
Check out my build thread if you get time. I did the swap over for all the parts you mentioned. I was able to reuse the FT hexes. It corners a lot better now, and the triple bearing Treal hubs are legit.

Check out my build thread if you get time. I did the swap over for all the parts you mentioned. I was able to reuse the FT hexes. It corners a lot better now, and the triple bearing Treal hubs are legit.
I guess I didn't realize that the hexes were the same, I thought they were like the Typhon hexes. I see now they are different but just in color.

Well after dragging my feet for literally months, I have the missing ingredients to finish this build.

5FB5FE44-1585-4B5D-86AC-826E875B3A6B.jpeg

M2C Front and Rear towers
M2C Rear Tower Brace
M2C Upper Hinge Pin Block Kit
Vitavon A, B, C, & D Blocks
eBay chassis braces

And everything anodized black to keep the theme going. I sent 99 pieces in total to Bateman’s Custom Coatings and he knocked them all out and had them shipped back out in less than 5 days. If you’re looking for someone to do some custom anodizing, I cannot recommend him enough.

E38D8712-8D8F-43C8-80AB-6E56D523FA12.jpeg

Hopefully within the next two weeks I can find time to strip the factory chassis down, swap over to the m2c chassis and get all of these new goodies on and finally go rip this thing.

Wow, what a nice build. I like the firearm but not a fan of the body, yours really took everything to the next level.

Well after dragging my feet for literally months, I have the missing ingredients to finish this build.

View attachment 303687

M2C Front and Rear towers
M2C Rear Tower Brace
M2C Upper Hinge Pin Block Kit
Vitavon A, B, C, & D Blocks
eBay chassis braces

And everything anodized black to keep the theme going. I sent 99 pieces in total to Bateman’s Custom Coatings and he knocked them all out and had them shipped back out in less than 5 days. If you’re looking for someone to do some custom anodizing, I cannot recommend him enough.

View attachment 303688

Hopefully within the next two weeks I can find time to strip the factory chassis down, swap over to the m2c chassis and get all of these new goodies on and finally go rip this thing.
Man you're really going all out. I can't wait to see the finished rig!

Wow, what a nice build. I like the firearm but not a fan of the body, yours really took everything to the next level.
Man you're really going all out. I can't wait to see the finished rig!

Thank you gentlemen. Not going to lie, I never intended to take it this far and I definitely didn’t intend to buy a Fireteam. Once the sale happened though the wheels started spinning in my head and it just snow balled from there. Hopefully this weekend I can turn some wrenches on it.

Thank you gentlemen. Not going to lie, I never intended to take it this far and I definitely didn’t intend to buy a Fireteam. Once the sale happened though the wheels started spinning in my head and it just snow balled from there. Hopefully this weekend I can turn some wrenches on it.
I hear you, thats what happened to me too. Just no way I could resist a 6s rig for $399, lol.

Anodizing looks awesome too, should look great when its all finished!

I hear you, thats what happened to me too. Just no way I could resist a 6s rig for $399, lol.

Anodizing looks awesome too, should look great when its all finished!

Exactly! For the price my original intention was a cheap winter basher and then I went stupid. I’m pretty excited about the anodizing, I know it’s just a basher, but man it’s cool.

Exactly! For the price my original intention was a cheap winter basher and then I went stupid. I’m pretty excited about the anodizing, I know it’s just a basher, but man it’s cool.

Haha, I'm frequently guilty of spending more than I should on a custom look. The way I see it, why have just a basher when it can be so much more awesome! 🤣

During my little lady’s naps today, I was able to get quite a bit switched over to the new m2c chassis. The front end and center is pretty much done, the rear I need to swap towers and add the m2c brace.

F078C118-3E91-4581-9193-51870ACACA78.jpeg

ACAE0E18-550B-48F4-8C52-723E93374942.jpeg

2912C1EB-327B-4F5C-8458-73CDDDA3098F.jpeg

I had a spare input cup laying around and threw that on. The MMX8s mount worked perfectly on the m2c chassis. I debated anodizing or wrapping the chassis black to match the rest of the build, but decided a little contrast would be nice. The Vitavon A, B, C, and D blocks all worked out great, fitment isn’t quite as perfect as most m2c stuff but still not bad. Hopefully I can get the rear end wrapped up tomorrow and then it will just be soldering bullets on the TP motor and a little more body work and she’ll be ready to rip.

Making progress!

Got the rear pretty much wrapped up, I need to drill the tower for the M2C brace. I temporarily installed the TP4070 with a Surpass 22T pinion and used the Scorched titanium motor screws. When I solder on the bullets I will probably pull it back out so it’s a little easier to work with.

93DF69D1-BFDB-445E-ABF3-A1294701352C.jpeg

CB3A0064-2757-4FED-B451-8699838D355B.jpeg

F4FC83F1-82B6-4EF2-BC19-2DC647949D8A.jpeg

Like an idiot, I attempted to drill and tap the upper part of the eBay chassis brace to accept a 4mm bolt. I should have just drilled it and thru bolted it, but brain fart and then double kick in the soft boys, I snapped the tap off. Attempts to extract the tap have proven to be futile so I’m probably just going to order the front or probably the front and rear chassis braces from M2C, send them off to get anodized and forget about it. I’d order another eBay set, but with as long as they took to get here and as many horror stories I’ve heard of other people having getting them to fit, I may as well just pony up and get decent ones.

Well pretty much buttoned up besides wiring and swapping out the chassis braces. I did notice that the Vitavon D block doesn’t really completely work with the Fireteam rear bumper, which is another bummer. I have a Scorched A block laying around that I may try on to see if it will work, otherwise I’m just going to have to live with it.

132E1D3C-5881-4FA4-93C6-05C0A6B7A548.jpeg

I got the m2c tower brace drilled, they sent what I thought to be way too long of bolts and regular nuts, so I swapped them out for some shorter bolts and black nuts to keep it stealthy.

654351AB-DFE0-42EF-AFD1-EB431E8CA143.jpeg

And I threw on the eBay chassis braces to just get an idea of what it would look like if I wouldn’t have bonered up the front brace.

179A0999-3615-41F5-80D0-1EE2A52A1C88.jpeg

51388D7C-A2D7-404C-B15F-AD7A249C9AC1.jpeg

Honestly is there anything that looks quite as boss as the back end of a XL Kraton?

825C172B-7F0F-439A-B42E-AD9D042DE844.jpeg

I’m getting that prepped to ship asap!

I’m excited to give one a go. I was looking around at 6s battery options and suddenly remembered you had them and then I lucked out and there was a sale.

How much does the anodizing cost?

It’s like a $25 lot fee and then $2-$10 depending on the size of the piece. I sent off 99 pieces with the biggest piece being a m2c top brace esc mount thing for an Xmaxx and it cost me $250. I’m fully expecting these next two pieces to be more expensive because of the small lot, but oh well.

Back