Kraton 🔥Exb unboxing.. Finally!!🔥

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't get a pinion with mine, and make sure you buy the right servo that's a 23 tooth horn. I have the Spektrum 6s electronics from my infraction in mine, 20 tooth pinion. It rips! I have a hard time keeping the front planted period. Pulls a wheelie at any speed. Standing flips etc.. the 160 amp with the 1250kv Spektrum setup was way too much in my opinion. 8s was an untamed animal I immediately put my 6s setup in there. I mean I like power but I also like not destroying something 25 minutes after it comes outta the box.

View attachment 184355
Did you change your punch setting? I have the same setup as you and don't have the same results. I have a hard time getting it to do backflips sometimes.

Alright guys.. The manual doesn't tell me what size screw to throw on the motor mount.. It appears to be a flat head.. Maybe a flat M3x8 or 10.. Let me know!?💤

20211209_162202_HDR.jpg

Where did u see it @morrjr71 .. I went threw that damn manual for 30 mins, back and forth.. All it shows is a picture of a screw.. No part numbers?
You have to download the exploded views from the ARRMA web site. One of the first things I do when I get a new vehicle is go to the manufacturer's web site and download the exploded views, if they are available. The separate exploded views are more detailed than the ones that come in the manual, and they have part numbers for most every item.

Always look at website exploded view for the RTR version for things like that.
Dang why didnt i think about it!! 😤
Alright, well sheeet.. thats actually really good to know because i always just pull mine out, so thats lame.. u would think the opposite but maybe its just me!!
SHOUTS: "I just needed 2 screws!!"😡

Attachments

• 20211209_182802_HDR.jpg
    20211209_182802_HDR.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
So i got the front diff back together.. I spun it before and after and it feels exactly like the center, it just spins easier, and smoother.. Still has that "notchy" feel on the gears but i am comfortable now believing its suppose to be this way, so now on to the rear!!

20211209_185721_HDR.jpg

20211209_193037.jpg

20211209_192626.jpg

Well im impressed guys, looks pretty good!! One question tho with the rear, how come it didnt have a shim on the gear side like the front!

20211209_195209_HDR.jpg

Well im impressed guys, looks pretty good!! One question tho with the rear, how come it didnt have a shim on the gear side like the front!

The shim on the gear side pushes the crown/ring gear against the input pinion to adjust the mesh between the two gears. If the mesh is already good and there is no slop in the diff case then no shim is needed.

Here's a video that provides some explanation:

Lol i know its purpose just wondered if there should be one on the rear.. First time diff tinkerer so im not really sure what to look for or what to adjust if anything, it tried to move it side to side but it didnt budge really

Also i believe the front and center were max stacked while rear was minimal, turned real easy and could barely feel the "notchy" gears

Lol i know its purpose just wondered if there should be one on the rear.. First time diff tinkerer so im not really sure what to look for or what to adjust if anything, it tried to move it side to side but it didnt budge really
So if you understand the purpose of shims and what job they perform then why ask “how come it didnt have a shim on the gear side like the front!” when none of us can actually see nor feel your diff in your diff housing? If it feels good, go with it. If it doesn’t, shim it until it does. 🤷‍♂️ With manufacturing tolerances, it isn’t an exact science.

So if you understand the purpose of shims and what job they perform then why ask “how come it didnt have a shim on the gear side like the front!” when none of us can actually see nor feel your diff in your diff housing? If it feels good, go with it. If it doesn’t, shim it until it does. 🤷‍♂️ With manufacturing tolerances, it isn’t an exact science.
Cuz idk what im doing and i thought both needed shimming wise guy, idk what there suppose to feel like and idk how they feel when they need shimmed.. With minute rc knowledge it isnt exactly riding a bike either!🙄

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back