1/7 Proline Toyo Proxes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Canada is rough! New grps are maybe like 2$ more expensive here and I definitely think it's worth the increase. I didn't even like the old grp but I'm loving the new ones šŸ¤£ they look better, slightly bigger and more balanced.
If they can get them for a few bucks more im going to get them i really hate the old grp side walls how do they look on the new ones?

If they can get them for a few bucks more im going to get them i really hate the old grp side walls how do they look on the new ones?
image007.jpg

I think the new ones are 1 or 2mm diameter bigger.

Yeah the oneS i got feel like crap man. Im going to switch for those
Do they last longer or worse than normal s7?
From what i found i need mx7ā€™s
1650694349379.png

You want the XM7. I've never tried them but I have 2 pairs that are supposed to be here tomorrow. I currently have the XM4 and those are the ones that are so soft and grippy I flip over when trying to slide. Funny enough, my wifey has the old s5's on her typhon and she slides around nice enough with them. I can't believe how different the s4/xm4 are to the s5/xm5

63 bucks for 1 pair ? And limited only to 100mph

go to hell

I will stay with GRP,s
13mm hex wideners rear from GPM
and rear diff fix to Felony

the new 2022 20 spoke GRP,s 99mm are the only fair priced rubber wheels with great Performance that exist

These heavy 1/7 rigs with 8s smokes tyres, there is no way i pay more than 25bucks pair. Last summer i did wear down 40pc , 20pairs

20x 63bucks NOWAY
20x 20bucks Yes yes
Same Performance

how much money do i save ?
View attachment 213480

I think the new ones are 1 or 2mm diameter bigger.

THESE ARE BEST.
Fair price

i will newer pay 63bucks pair, because i wear down 20 pairs every summer , 40 new wheels YES

Last edited:

go to hell

I will stay with GRP,s

the new 2022 20 spoke GRP,s 99mm are the only fair priced rubber wheels with great Performance that exist

These heavy 1/7 rigs with 8s smokes tyres, there is no way i pay more than 25bucks pair. Last summer i did wear down 40pc , 20pairs

20x 63bucks NOWAY
20x 20bucks Yes yes
Same Performance

THESE ARE BEST.
Fair price

i will newer pay 63bucks pair, because i wear down 20 pairs every summer , 40 new wheels YES
Are those hex extender good? No slop? I've had a set hidden away but I've yet to try them. Been saving them for the felony whenever I swap rear diff

Are those hex extender good? No slop? I've had a set hidden away but I've yet to try them. Been saving them for the felony whenever I swap rear diff

good ? they are the best my friend.
I have them in almost all my arrma rigs.
LOVE big time.
Alot better handling with offroad cars like Kraton too

Hurry buy them and try out
You can thank me later

go to hell

I will stay with GRP,s

20x 63bucks NOWAY
20x 20bucks Yes yes
Same Performance

THESE ARE BEST.
Fair price

My hobbyshop said they will get them in 3 weeks. I can buy from amainhobbies and receive them in a week. But idk if im going to get hit with import fees

Sucks too cause Amain charges like 5$ more for a pair of grps compared to hobby heroes where I order them from. I doubt they ship to Canada though you never know.

Sucks too cause Amain charges like 5$ more for a pair of grps compared to hobby heroes where I order them from. I doubt they ship to Canada though you never know.
I did a bit of digging and i will indeed have to pay fees because the tires are not made in mexico, canada or the us. They are made in italy. Ima have to wait 3 weeks i guessšŸ˜‘
But im reading at the same time that shipping with usps doesn't make me pay any fees..

Has anyone noticed or tried these new Proline 1/7 tires yet?
Just released.
42/100-Pre Order.
53/107-B/O
Look like nice options.

Scale Toyo Proxes tires mounted on Arrma Infr/Fel Wheels. Belted. Both 42/100 and 53/107( Rear Felony) sizes available. In PL's S3 compound.

Since HH now owns PL, clearly this was a good option. A move in the right direction by HH for Proline.

https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...belted-mounted-17mm-5-spoke-2/PRO1019910.html

https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...belted-mounted-17mm-5-spoke-2/PRO1020010.html
I was going to jump on a set before I saw that they were asymmetrical tires, but not mounted as such. It would drive me bananas to see the tread running opposite of each other when mounted.

I was going to jump on a set before I saw that they were asymmetrical tires, but not mounted as such. It would drive me bananas to see the tread running opposite of each other when mounted.
I am OCD like that also. But Scale cars are specifically run this way also. There is a difference between Asymetrical and Unidirectional tires. Uni directional needs to maintain one direction of rotataion. Asymetrical tires have an Inner and outer sidewall and mounted to the wheel this way. They can rotate any direction. They just have a different Outer vs Inner half Tread design. Not commonly seen on RC models.
Proxes are Uni-Directional like the Hoons also. But the Hoons can be run backwards with little if any drawbacks. Uni directional Proxes, being a scaled down licensed version of the real ones do need to be kept directional.
The Proxes do come premounted as Lefts and Rights in Pairs. Just like the Hoons. FWIW.
I also found that Uni directional tires if swapped L to R at the Rear can give better breakaway traction. But can sacrifice some straight line directional stability. Just applying my Scale car experience in regards. :cool:
I generally avoid Undirectional Tires with my scale cars. I prefer Asymetrical. From past experience.
Unidirectional Tires cannot be Cross rotated. They have to remain on one side of the car. Rotating F to R only.
Asym. tires can be Cross rotated.

EDITED.

I stand corrected. These Proxes are in fact Asymetrical according to TOYO. And PL's are Licensed Proxes Replicas.

Last edited:
I am OCD like that also. But Scale cars are specifically run this way also. There is a difference between Asymetrical and Unidirectional tires. Uni directional needs to maintain one direction of rotataion. Asymetrical tires have an Inner and outer sidewall and mounted to the wheel this way.
Proxes are Uni-Directional like the Hoons also. But the Hoons can be run backwards with little if any drawbacks. Uni directional Proxes, being a scaled down licensed version of the real ones do need to be kept directional.
The Proxes do come premounted as Lefts and Rights. Just like the Hoons. FWIW.
I read in several reviews that they do not come in right/left sets like the Hoons, so the tread is reversed from side to side. But you got right/left pairs? If thatā€™s how they ship now Iā€™ll definitely put them back on my listā€¦ If they really are mounted/shipped in unidirectional pairs.
I just looked in the other thread (post your Typhon pics) and looked closely at @Infraction666 ā€˜s build and it does indeed show left and right mounting. Maybe they didnā€™t do that with the earlier sets? Several people reported that problem in reviews.

Last edited:
PL is known to pull blunders. Mistakes. However, they MUST come as Lefts and Rights. At this pricepoint and Specifically because they are Licensed Proxes.
(Licensed Toyo Proxes R888R)
Try to find a bagged set, and look closely what comes as a Pair. Absolutely should be a Left and Right . Just like the Hoons do.
I worked at a Tire center for several years. Mounted numerous sets of scale tires.

PL is known to pull blunders. Mistakes. However, they MUST come as Lefts and Rights. At this pricepoint and Specifically because they are Licensed Proxes.
(Licensed Toyo Proxes R888R)
Try to find a bagged set, and look closely what comes as a Pair. Absolutely should be a Left and Right . Just like the Hoons do.
I worked at a Tire center for several years. Mounted numerous sets of scale tires.
Excellent and thanks for the info. I really wanted to try them, and now I will! I just didnā€™t want to run ā€œflippedā€ tires from one side to the other. I wanted to see how they stacked up against the white Hoons, and I love that PL put the Proxes on Arrma wheels. I love the look on my street car. How do you like them as compared to the Hoons? Thanks again!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back