First TEST drive and Proline Mashers X HP wheel came off! Why

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
All I was doing in front of the house was setting the steering time.

Not bashing
2x 4S Lipo only at 3.80v storage charge
No grass, no bashing, no wilding out

Up/down setting the steering trim. Then the rear passenger tire rolled off, and the DBXL-E jack-knifed.

New tires, first roll, and I used a drill on SLOW, SLOWLY get the hex screws in and started and finished all the screws to the 2.5 HEX driver by hand.

What happened?

1711402620780.png
1711402629036.png
1711402638339.png
1711402654848.png

wow thats crazy, I've sent my mashers and not had that happen. On the bright side, whoever you bought them from should do something about it.

All I was doing in front of the house was setting the steering time.

Not bashing
2x 4S Lipo only at 3.80v storage charge
No grass, no bashing, no wilding out

Up/down setting the steering trim. Then the rear passenger tire rolled off, and the DBXL-E jack-knifed.

New tires, first roll, and I used a drill on SLOW, SLOWLY get the hex screws in and started and finished all the screws to the 2.5 HEX driver by hand.

What happened?

View attachment 356849View attachment 356850View attachment 356851View attachment 356852

Sir,
Am I imagining things..?

You got the center hub adapter screwed on backwards... from the inside???

Shouldn't you have all those bolts on the Outside of the wheel screwed towards the hub..

Sir,
Am I imagining things..?

You got the center hub adapter screwed on backwards... from the inside???

Shouldn't you have all those bolts on the Outside of the wheel screwed towards the hub..
This is what the other 3 looks like

1711405360133.png

1711405376011.png

Those are all screwed on backwards ,sir.

The holes on the Wheels are just slightly oversized and will NOT hold the screws properly.

You need to have those bolt-heads on the outside of the wheels going through the wheel and into the hubs to securely mount them.

The holes on the Wheels are just slightly oversized and will NOT hold the screws properly.

You need to have those bolt-heads on the outside of the wheels going through the wheel and into the hubs to securely mount them.
:LOL:

Damn! I cannot believe my old age is showing....out of all the PL wheels I have with HEX, it never dawned on me like the others. The cap head is on the outside of the wheel, not the back!

Need a donkey emoji :LOL:

Youngsters, don't do this!!!

I think he put the screws in backwards. Not sure if that matters or not but maybe it does?
Right Brother....

I messed up. Thx (y)

:LOL:

Damn! I cannot believe my old age is showing....out of all the PL wheels I have with HEX, it never dawned on me like the others. The cap head is on the outside of the wheel, not the back!

Need a donkey emoji :LOL:

Youngsters, don't do this!!!
The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

Do you have CRS or Crafts? I have a little bit of both.

Last edited:

Good eye Tex. I've even heard rumors through the grapevine that you have two.

I'm just happy I was setting the steering trim. If I were seriously bashing, my friend would have roasted me for weeks to see all my wheels come off!

My mouth dropped when it rolled off well past the rig further down the street, carrying the heavy DBLX-E back to the house.

I have a good amount of PL wheels with the center hex...cannot believe I never noticed the head of the hex screw was not outside the wheel! 🤷‍♂️

I'm just happy I was setting the steering trim. If I were seriously bashing, my friend would have roasted me for weeks to see all my wheels come off!

My mouth dropped when it rolled off well past the rig further down the street, carrying the heavy DBLX-E back to the house.

I have a good amount of PL wheels with the center hex...cannot believe I never noticed the head of the hex screw was not outside the wheel! 🤷‍♂️
hahahahhaha man that would have been amazing to see! all the wheels just rolling down the street :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

This reminds me of when I bought the choon tires and they didn't come glued and the description didn't warn me. I put all 4 on without noticing they weren't glued and then I went to the parking lot. That first throttle pull was hilarious :ROFLMAO:

hahahahhaha man that would have been amazing to see! all the wheels just rolling down the street :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

This reminds me of when I bought the choon tires and they didn't come glued and the description didn't warn me. I put all 4 on without noticing they weren't glued and then I went to the parking lot. That first throttle pull was hilarious :ROFLMAO:

Choon Gluun™..
it should be a Brand.

Last edited:
Back