107 degrees and the power goes out in the middle of my Kraton 4s v2 build!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure whats worse. The power being off when it's 107 outside, or that it happens while I'm building my Kraton 4s v2. Ugh! ☀️
Here’s what is worse… my daughter is going to UC Davis, she’s been home for the summer ( So. Cal. 100+ here too) . She’s moving into an apartment this weekend and my wife bought basically an entire apartment worth of furniture for her. Rented a large U-haul, packed everything up and headed north Friday morning . About 1:00 just before the grapevine ( I’m sure you are aware of the fires) the truck overheated and broke down. Roadside service didn’t get to her until about 4:00, she sat in that horrible hot box for hours. Roadside service figured out that the radiator cap was stripped and all the coolant boiled off. That’s suffering

Here’s what is worse… my daughter is going to UC Davis, she’s been home for the summer ( So. Cal. 100+ here too) . She’s moving into an apartment this weekend and my wife bought basically an entire apartment worth of furniture for her. Rented a large U-haul, packed everything up and headed north Friday morning . About 1:00 just before the grapevine ( I’m sure you are aware of the fires) the truck overheated and broke down. Roadside service didn’t get to her until about 4:00, she sat in that horrible hot box for hours. Roadside service figured out that the radiator cap was stripped and all the coolant boiled off. That’s suffering
Mines still worse. Kidding of course. Ouch!

That is brutal. It’s 112 here in Sac I feel your pain.

Didn’t have that exact experience but close to it going over the grapevine moving a buddy down to SD in July one year. UHaul started to overheat really bad. My buddy was freaking out. I told him turn off the AC, roll down the windows and turn on the heater. He thought I was messing with him. Helped keep the engine cool enough to get over the grapevine. Benefits of my first car being a 81’ Toyota Corona that liked to overheat.

Sitting in that box for hours in this heat is borderline cruel and unusual punishment. Hopefully your wife and daughter are doing okay.

Last edited:
That is brutal. It’s 112 here in Sac I feel your pain.

Didn’t have that exact experience but close to it going over the gravpine moving a buddy down to SD in July one year. UHaul started to overheat really bad. My buddy was freaking out. I told him turn off the AC, roll down the windows and turn on the heater. He thought I was messing with him. Helped keep the engine cool enough to get over the grapevine. Benefits of my first car being a 81’ Toyota Corona that liked to overheat.

Sitting in that box for hours in this heat is borderline cruel and unusual punishment. Hopefully your wife and daughter are doing okay.
After a long ordeal everything worked out. The roadside service guys followed her all the way through the grapevine.

A few years back our entire county was on fire. We were without power for over a week and we're constantly under a "ready to evacuate" status. We bought a generator and made it through. It was rough for awhile. We had about 6 family here with all their animals. 3 dogs, 2 cats, a gerbil, and even a chicken walking around laying eggs here and there. It was nuts!

A few years back our entire county was on fire. We were without power for over a week and we're constantly under a "ready to evacuate" status. We bought a generator and made it through. It was rough for awhile. We had about 6 family here with all their animals. 3 dogs, 2 cats, a gerbil, and even a chicken walking around laying eggs here and there. It was nuts!
So happy you and your family were safe. Remain that way.

Thanks. Unfortunately it's basically a yearly thing here in Napa. The fire "season".
Yeah I don’t even call it summer anymore. Like you said it’s fire season. My aunt who used to live in Napa had her house burn down twice.

I really hate summer, and they are predicting 115° tomorrow. I feel like my bashing season is opposite of everyone else. Too hot to bash in the summer.
I’m doing my wrenching and building at the kitchen table.
image.jpg

Powers back... For how long though?

I believe when the power came back and then went out nearly immediately..
That's a sign for you to whip out the old power generator and get it going outside ,so you can have some LED lights/lamps on ,in the house.

No need to play around..
Wrenching on your RCs is serious business.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back