1st timer, be gentle😃

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
I bought a jconcepts Baja body last week for the Black Sheep (Kraton6s), the 1st time I've ever had to cut, fit (it's made for a traxxas something or other) & paint a body before. Got it cut, edges sanded & fitting how I want late last week, painted it last night & put the finishing touches on this evening. I wanted a color scheme that is simple- because of my lack of experience, subtle & classic looking so I used tamiya ps-5 black & tamiya bright gun metal ps-63. After scuffing & washing I masked the windows (which I ultimately left clear) & around the black trim areas. Shot 4 coats of black, then unmasked everything except the windows, then shot 5 coats of the bright gun metal. After it dried completely overnight I sprayed 2 coats of 3m rubberized bed liner onto the inside to hopefully strengthen it some. When I got home tonight I peeled off the outer film & got my 1st look @ what I'd done. Wow, I think it looks better than I'd hoped!😅😍 I mean, it's no @Ajag lid but it'll do for my rough & tumble driving!! Added a few stickers, but I tried not to overdo it because I actually want my paint to be seen!! I don't have any more arrma forum decals that'll fit anywhere either.🙁👎Big shout out to my man @Diem Turner for dropping me some of his knowledge along the way!!🤩 After I do some maintenance/ repairs on the truck itself I'll try to get everything cleaned up enough to take some better looking glamor shots outside in the sunlight, cuz I don't think my pictures do it justice. Anyways, thanks for checking out my cherry popper!!!🤣 Hopefully one of y'all out there sees this & realizes that if I can do this then so can you!!🥰😃👍🤘🤘
Whoops, I thought I had the pics in chronological order but I guess they're not. Sorry, ya should be able to figure out how I got there😁🤷‍♂️

20230205_202101.jpg

20230206_204227.jpg

20230206_204202.jpg

20230206_204516.jpg

20230206_204550.jpg

20230206_203812.jpg

20230206_204045.jpg

20230206_203714.jpg

20230206_203621.jpg

20230206_161000.jpg

20230206_161017.jpg

20230206_160605.jpg

20230206_160939.jpg

20230205_202137.jpg

20230202_204848.jpg

Last edited:
Man, you are a quick learner at everything!! That looks freakin' awesome!!! Great job!! Def makes me wanna try one!! :unsure:😁

But, ya gotta get a new wing! That dirty thing doesn't deserve to be on with that beautiful lid! 😂:ROFLMAO:

Awesome job bud!! 🥳🥳

Man, you are a quick learner at everything!! That looks freakin' awesome!!! Great job!! Def makes me wanna try one!! :unsure:😁

But, ya gotta get a new wing! That dirty thing doesn't deserve to be on with that beautiful lid! 😂:ROFLMAO:

Awesome job bud!! 🥳🥳
Thanks dude!!!!🥰😊 Yeah, I've already got a couple different options for the new wing & I'll definitely give him some tlc & a spit bath before I take some rotm photos!!😉😁👍🤘

Good stuff bro! that body looks really good on there too.
Thanks dude!!🥰 I fell in love w/ that body the 1st time I saw it. Wasn't really sure what it was supposed to fit honestly, since it's made for a traxxas something (which I have zero experience with). Thought I might get it to work on a typhon, but the front body mount & shock tower would've made it a whole lotta work. The wheel wells actually fit the Kraton perfectly & I can use the same tall rear posts that I use for my indestructible aluminum body 😁🤷‍♂️

I bought a jconcepts Baja body last week for the Black Sheep (Kraton6s), the 1st time I've ever had to cut, fit (it's made for a traxxas something or other) & paint a body before. Got it cut, edges sanded & fitting how I want late last week, painted it last night & put the finishing touches on this evening. I wanted a color scheme that is simple- because of my lack of experience, subtle & classic looking so I used tamiya ps-5 black & tamiya bright gun metal ps-63. After scuffing & washing I masked the windows (which I ultimately left clear) & around the black trim areas. Shot 4 coats of black, then unmasked everything except the windows, then shot 5 coats of the bright gun metal. After it dried completely overnight I sprayed 2 coats of 3m rubberized bed liner onto the inside to hopefully strengthen it some. When I got home tonight I peeled off the outer film & got my 1st look @ what I'd done. Wow, I think it looks better than I'd hoped!😅😍 I mean, it's no @Ajag lid but it'll do for my rough & tumble driving!! Added a few stickers, but I tried not to overdo it because I actually want my paint to be seen!! I don't have any more arrma forum decals that'll fit anywhere either.🙁👎Big shout out to my man @Diem Turner for dropping me some of his knowledge along the way!!🤩 After I do some maintenance/ repairs on the truck itself I'll try to get everything cleaned up enough to take some better looking glamor shots outside in the sunlight, cuz I don't think my pictures do it justice. Anyways, thanks for checking out my cherry popper!!!🤣 Hopefully one of y'all out there sees this & realizes that if I can do this then so can you!!🥰😃👍🤘🤘
Whoops, I thought I had the pics in chronological order but I guess they're not. Sorry, ya should be able to figure out how I got there😁🤷‍♂️

View attachment 276295

View attachment 276296

View attachment 276297

View attachment 276298

View attachment 276299

View attachment 276300

View attachment 276301

View attachment 276302

View attachment 276303

View attachment 276304

View attachment 276305

View attachment 276306

View attachment 276307

View attachment 276308

View attachment 276309
It looks great!! Nice work man!!

View attachment 276295

View attachment 276296

View attachment 276297

View attachment 276298

View attachment 276299

View attachment 276300

View attachment 276301

View attachment 276302

View attachment 276303

View attachment 276304

View attachment 276305

View attachment 276306

View attachment 276307

View attachment 276308

View attachment 276309
Awesome job 👍

That turned out great. Nice work too, better than my paint jobs. The body is quite versatile but even I am surprised by how well it fits that big truck. My Drag Slash wheelbase is a tad under 13 inches IIRC, and the Kraton is ~16.5 inches I believe. Here is the same body (my 2nd and last time painting a clear body I think) sitting on a Drag Slash I am trying to speed run with this summer.

PXL_20230206_234803370.jpg

PXL_20230206_234719912.jpg

Those black splotches are from crashing at 50/60 MPH and when it was on my 2WD LCG Slash and breaking shocks/arms in half. Apparently, shock oil eats polycarbonate paint. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back