Typhon 2.8 Badlands for my Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Chilly to clarify, I need the outcast driveshafts and NOT the kraton driveshafts? What I have in my cart is what you have above, just double checking I’m not supposed to have the kraton shafts 106029’s. You have listed both outcast parts and kraton parts. Then I went back and rear a post saying to use all kraton parts. Hubs, shafts, knuckles etc

Attachments

• D1EDA661-475E-404F-850E-6005DA27AC9D.png
    D1EDA661-475E-404F-850E-6005DA27AC9D.png
    466.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
:(:(:(:(:(
Come on you have to do the rain dance and post it on here

Ok, ran it for a bit yesterday and the ballooning has been dramatically reduced with the 500k in the center diff. It’s not as wheelie happy either. It will wheelie but not as easily as when I was running 50k. I don’t think I’ll need to use fishing braid. I can live with it the way it is. Definitely the right move to go heavy in the center especially with the larger tires.

Yes you have to change them weel nuts everything you can order set from Jennys rc axle 30 bucks full set weel nuts 8 bucks full set and kraton or outcast hubs 14 full set or kraton 20 set some times there out of one or the other but jrc is cheap they also sell on eBay my typhon handles way better now

Thanks. I'm a long time customer of Jenny's RC, they're great. Got most of the parts, will start my truggyfication.......

@Chilly to clarify, I need the outcast driveshafts and NOT the kraton driveshafts? What I have in my cart is what you have above, just double checking I’m not supposed to have the kraton shafts 106029’s. You have listed both outcast parts and kraton parts. Then I went back and rear a post saying to use all kraton parts. Hubs, shafts, knuckles etc

Outcast 2018 and Kraton 2018 use the same driveshafts and hubs.

Ok, ran it for a bit yesterday and the ballooning has been dramatically reduced with the 500k in the center diff. It’s not as wheelie happy either. It will wheelie but not as easily as when I was running 50k. I don’t think I’ll need to use fishing braid. I can live with it the way it is. Definitely the right move to go heavy in the center especially with the larger tires.
If you are running the 500k in the center why not just run a spool??

If you are running the 500k in the center why not just run a spool??

Huge difference between 500k and a spool. I don’t want it completely locked. Plus I have no desire to go with a bigger pinion which is what a spool allows you to do.

Last edited:
Is using the wider hubs necessary to run 2.8"'s? Or is it just a preference to do so for less tipping when turning?

They would rub when they ballon without them.

On the topic, do the Kraton hubs or HR hubs widen the distance between the outer and inner bearing? I went with the Associated hex extender, and it feels like the longer lever arm, from the cvd out to the wheel, is less stable. Seems like a longer axle with the outer bearing right inside the wheel, would reduce chance of wobble. That steering shimmy when running backwards seems more pronounced on my Typhon since I mounted the Associated extenders, particularly when I add 1/8 truggy tires to the mix.

On the topic, do the Kraton hubs or HR hubs widen the distance between the outer and inner bearing? I went with the Associated hex extender, and it feels like the longer lever arm, from the cvd out to the wheel, is less stable. Seems like a longer axle with the outer bearing right inside the wheel, would reduce chance of wobble. That steering shimmy when running backwards seems more pronounced on my Typhon since I mounted the Associated extenders, particularly when I add 1/8 truggy tires to the mix.

You would need to run Kraton hubs, axles and hexes to get the extra width for clearance.

I’m doing the exact same thing. Only have one side done. Thanks for the info on the center dif fluid.A0630097-B6A8-41EA-AAAD-36DFB02AD532.jpegA267DD2F-2F33-4DEC-A77E-6C7C898B8226.jpeg

I’m doing the exact same thing. Only have one side done. Thanks for the info on the center dif fluid.View attachment 22832

That is a great visual, thanks! Just ordered all those parts from a chop shop on ebay. Since I got front and rear dogbones/cvds as part of the deal, I realized the discounted Kraton suspension arms and shock towers would give me some even more options for a FrankenKratonTyphon :)

With arms, towers, etc, you’d basically have an Outcast.
TT

With arms, towers, etc, you’d basically have an Outcast.
TT
This is true but front and rear diffs are different and will not take the abuse of a 3.8 tire like the backflips. 2.8 is perfect for making the Typhon a monsterbuggy.

This is true but front and rear diffs are different and will not take the abuse of a 3.8 tire like the backflips. 2.8 is perfect for making the Typhon a monsterbuggy.

The 2.8 Badlands I run just shred by lawn. It literally tears up patches of grass, lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back