Big Rock 20T pinion in BRCC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know. oops, Well I only put a drop on the hex bolts. Hopefully when the time comes to change them I wont have a problem.

Have you checked to make sure the slipper clutch isn't too loose...mine loosened up on the typhon 3s...tighten it down which helped. However don't over tighten.

Yeah that's not it. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Yeah that's not it. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Maybe try recalibrating esc and controller?

Have u tried changing to different lipo? Or perhaps its plugs on lipo/esc...also you could try changing tires to lighter wheels to see if that helps...just ideas

Maybe try recalibrating esc and controller?

Have u tried changing to different lipo? Or perhaps its plugs on lipo/esc...also you could try changing tires to lighter wheels to see if that helps...just ideas

I think the answer is changing to a different pinion, lol. Unless there is someone out there running a 20t pinion without cogging , I’m just going to assume it’s too much gear.

It sucks.

(probably not the thought you wanted... sorry)

(2nd try)

Maybe gear down? But you knew that....

(3rd try)

Wait, you got a sensored Castle motor or two laying around, right? That would fix it...

I was just wondering if you thought there was a problem with my motor/esc or if this expected from the blx100 when running a 20t pinion in a granite or BRCC.

Mine dose that and its stock, i was wondering if a 3s bat would change that

Mine does it on stock too I thought i was loosing my fiddlesticking marbles for a second. and NO 3S does not change it.. Im running 3s only in that truck an it still does it.. All stock cept for upgraded servo I pulled from the notorious and mx28 badlands I slapped on.

Punch is set to full.. I thought maybe it was throttle trim but nope that changed nothing either...

I'd like to know why it does this too?

It seems like they all do it. It really doesn't bother me much as I rarely come to a complete stop once I get going, and I don't drag race it. Just beat on it. It would suck if one was running in a really hilly area though. I actually ordered a 18t pinion to see how much worse it gets. Only problem is the adjustable motor mounts are currently sold out, but that's ok. I'm a patient man. I'll just sit around and drink til they're available again! I don't know whats more expensive, the hobby or the whiskey...

It seems like they all do it. It really doesn't bother me much as I rarely come to a complete stop once I get going, and I don't drag race it. Just beat on it. It would suck if one was running in a really hilly area though. I actually ordered a 18t pinion to see how much worse it gets. Only problem is the adjustable motor mounts are currently sold out, but that's ok. I'm a patient man. I'll just sit around and drink til they're available again! I don't know whats more expensive, the hobby or the whiskey...

Tequila is :p

I drink expensive booze and it's still the hobby, lol.

Mine does it on stock too I thought i was loosing my fiddlesticking marbles for a second. and NO 3S does not change it.. Im running 3s only in that truck an it still does it.. All stock cept for upgraded servo I pulled from the notorious and mx28 badlands I slapped on.

Punch is set to full.. I thought maybe it was throttle trim but nope that changed nothing either...

I'd like to know why it does this too?

Does it do it as bad as mine does in the video?

Is this a common problem with competitors setups? Maybe we should be bringing this to HHs attention.

Is this a common problem with competitors setups? Maybe we should be bringing this to HHs attention.

Seems to be if its happening stock I think its happening to everyone and many people assume it to be a normal thing..

I don't think there should be a delay like this it don;'t do it on my notorious so.. I dunno first arrma I've had that done it lol

I'm pretty sure it's normal, IMO a sensored motor would fix it.

I'm pretty sure it's normal, IMO a sensored motor would fix it.
But is it normal compared to other brands of the same category? Comparatively - if I could buy a f150 or a Chevy 1500 at the same price, but I knew the f150 would lag when I hit the gas, I would lean towards the Chevy... Well, I'd probably take the Chevy either way... But you get what I'm sayin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back