Senton 2s or 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pteargriffin4

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I'm just curious, obviously most people have more than one battery but do you have a 2s and 3s and what's the reason for each. Of course the 3s is faster but should I have 2 or 3 3s packs or throw a 2s in the mix?

I'm just curious, obviously most people have more than one battery but do you have a 2s and 3s and what's the reason for each. Of course the 3s is faster but should I have 2 or 3 3s packs or throw a 2s in the mix?
Most guys here that I can think of would only run a 3s pack...or max the esc allows. No benefit to having 2s in the mix unless we had younger or very new drivers that want to try the vehicle with less confidence in their driving skills.
I think you'll be happiest getting all 3s. I have 2s packs that I don't use at all but no kids and no others I share my vehicles with.

I grew out of 2s pretty fast and 3s reduces the cogging. It’s just more fun once you get used to the way the car handles.

I run 2s every now and then, not everybody needs to open up to full power to have fun. People say just run 4s in a 6s although most on here would rather run 6s then 4s just like they would not bother with 2s and run 3s. If space is limited you can open up more of the throttle trigger range with 2s if you feel you want to punch it you can. On 3s you need a little more throttle discipline or you can just wheelie or spin the tires. Plus 2s lipos can be had cheap unless you want to stick with batteries that come with EC5 to fit and can't solder on a new connector. If you're new to RC or are used to brushed motors I would pick up at least one 2s battery to run.

I run mostly 2s packs in my typhon quick enough for me now but still quite new to me. Also in my mind if I don't go so fast I won't break and wear things out so fast on 2s tyres don't last long as it is.

I look at it from the potential for growth. Once you step up from a 3S to 6S what do you want to be running without buying new batteries? 4S or 6S? Also, do you have kids that are running brushed? There are a lot of variables that make this a personal choice.

My 2S and 3S packs haven’t been used in probably a year. I pretty much only run my 4S and 6S packs. Not including my small radio packs.

i'd say buy 3s battery to max out your motor and when you upgrade to a 6s car, just get another 3s lipo.

Im new to rc but also bought a Senton 3S so here goes. I bought 1x2S and 2x3S with the Senton and the 3S runs for sure are more exciting. But the 2S is fun also, in my opinion it is at 70-80% performance compared to 3S. 2S is used frequently but I always drive the 2S before putting in the 3S, in that order?
As mentioned above changing the stock 20T pinion gear for a 15T might also be a smart option because it will also prevent overheating your motor. But it will affect top speed.
And yeah the stock radio is crap. Any cheap replacement is an upgrade. (TTX300, Dumborc, ...)

Have fun!

Soo while I got your attention I tried these duratrax bandito 2.8s because I want to not destroy my dirt tires on the street. Should I be changing the pinion gear? I also plan on going back and forth with the tires often

Don't own a 2s at all.

Soo while I got your attention I tried these duratrax bandito 2.8s because I want to not destroy my dirt tires on the street. Should I be changing the pinion gear? I also plan on going back and forth with the tires often

If the tires that are larger than stock you should gear down. If you have the Bandito ST then I would keep the stock pinion.

If you stay with short course sized tires pinion can stay but if you one day want to jack it up or make it a monster you'd probably want to do the pinion down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back