Granite 3s Lipo for EZrun Max10 with 3660 motor at 3200kV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leewilson7

Reaction score
So, I recently upgraded to the EZrun Max10 with 3660 motor / 3200kV.

I’m a little paranoid about buying a 3s battery now. The 2s battery I bought for the Arrma Granite Mega was 100C. That turned out to be way too high of a discharge rate and I quickly burned up the stock brushed motor - hence my upgrade.

So that I have a brushless motor, would a 100C 3s battery be too much? What discharge rate is recommended?

The C rating is a max output rating a battery is capable of discharging, not what a battery is discharging all the time. Think of it like horsepower in a car -- A car that makes 500 horsepower doesn't make all 500 when it's just driving in a parking lot at 10 mph, it makes the 500 when you floor it.

Minimum you should be shooting for is 50C just to stay on the safe side. Most batteries C ratings are exaggerated and aren't actually as high as they say they are so better to buy the highest C rating you can find in your budget.

Brushed motors are expendable. The brushes wear out. Nothing to do with the battery C.

I'd say anything 5000 40C or higher will be fine... Make sure it's a reputable brand (check here on the forum), that's more important than C.

I was reading a review on a Zeee 3s battery and someone mentioned needing to replace the factory Deans plug (instead of using an adapter) because the Deans plug can’t handle the 120 amps of the ESC. Is that true? I haven’t heard that anywhere else. The Max10 comes with an xt90 plug.

Yeah Dean's aren't rated for more than 2s safely.

China hobby line makes great lipos for a bargain price and they come with XT90s. Many members here including myself are running them and are very happy with them.
Here's some 3s in stock that should be fine for what you're looking for. The G+Plus is their top of the line but the new Black series has shown to have good results. The black series weighs less.

https://chinahobbyline.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=65

https://chinahobbyline.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=306

For Amazon brands with XT90 try looking for HRB and Ovonic, both have proven to be great bargain batteries. Avoid any of the batteries that require an adapter to XT90, only get true XT90 ones or resolder XT90s yourself later.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back