3s lipo shut down differently

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
Yeah guys, so I've been running my senton and I noticed that one lipo shut down at 11.6 each cell at 14% and one shuts down at 10.8 with 4% both are 5400 mah with 50c. And both are from the same company I think. Lhs put a sticker on it.... Any ideas?

Yeah guys, so I've been running my senton and I noticed that one lipo shut down at 11.6 each cell at 14% and one shuts down at 10.8 with 4% both are 5400 mah with 50c. And both are from the same company I think. Lhs put a sticker on it.... Any ideas?

This sounds like a qc issue . The first pack has more voltage sag than the second one does, which means that the second pack has higher quality cells. What brand are these lipos? Some brands don't qc or even match their cells.

This sounds like a qc issue . The first pack has more voltage sag than the second one does, which means that the second pack has higher quality cells. What brand are these lipos? Some brands don't qc or even match their cells.
Thanks for the reply.

Hard to tell got it from two different stores in Germany, bit the hardcase looks exactly the same, and the sticker on the back which contains all the information are the same too. My lhs said these were team corally racing lipos.

Do you have a IR meter?
Yes my charger has a included one. And the ohm resistance is different to pack 1 and 2. Gotta ckeck that again. What should be standing there, if it's alright?

So, the bad one says 7 7 9
And the better one 9 7 7

Got no idea what this means

Attachments

• IMG_20190811_224033.jpg
    IMG_20190811_224033.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20190811_224020.jpg
    IMG_20190811_224020.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20190811_223938.jpg
    IMG_20190811_223938.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Yes my charger has a included one. And the ohm resistance is different to pack 1 and 2. Gotta ckeck that again. What should be standing there, if it's alright?

So, the bad one says 7 7 9
And the better one 9 7 7

Got no idea what this means
From my research on the web, a per cell rating of between 0-6 mΩ is as good as it gets. Between 7 and 12 mΩ is reasonable. 12 to 20 mΩ is where you start to see the signs of aging on a battery, and beyond 20mΩ per cell, you'll want to start thinking about retiring the battery pack.

So having said that we have ruled out IR as the culprit here.

From there if your charger has the ability, I would discharge both batteries to 3.4v per cell then fully charge both packs and see how many MAH are being put into each pack. I am guessing that pack 1 will take in less than pack 2 but I might be wrong.

In fact, batteries produced by the same manufacturer are not mean that they can be used together. Last time my battery also had a similar problem, the battery manufacturer told me that the old and new batteries should not be used together

In fact, batteries produced by the same manufacturer are not mean that they can be used together. Last time my battery also had a similar problem, the battery manufacturer told me that the old and new batteries should not be used together
Absolutely true!

Thanks guys.

But I don't use em in serial. Just rund them separately.
I‘’m sorry for misunderstanding what you mean. Your batteries are 4s? I just know a little about lipo. But a cell voltage of lipo battery is generally 3.0-4.2V. Maybe this picture can help you to know about the relationship between voltage and capacity. Of course, the battery curves of different manufacturers are somewhat different.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back