Granite 3s lipo size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s002wjh

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
does anyone use powerhobby or smc 3s lipo for granite, does it fit? the one i bought HRB is too big, so i need some 3s that fit into granite blx 4x4

I'm sure the details should be on the sellers page?

I'm sure the details should be on the sellers page?
yea, i thought the HRB would work, but its actually longer than it described. i see most 3s are 138mm, should work just double check, don't want get one ,then it doesn't fit again

Yeah the HRB 5000mah are quite long. I can fit it in my long wheelbase rigs, but not the Granite.

I fit a HRB 6000mah 3S in a granite chassis... just have to take out the blocks.
The HRB 5000 for sure won’t fit in the SWB. It fits in the LWB with both blocks out. The SWB only has one block to remove.

The HRB 5000 for sure won’t fit in the SWB. It fits in the LWB with both blocks out. The SWB only has one block to remove.
I’m assuming the 6000 is bigger and it fits in the granite chassis just fine... and yeah I guess there is only 1 block I thought there were 2 lol but it still fits....
image.jpg

Well I just got home and went to take a pic of how the HRB 5000 was too long....

305A88EC-BBB8-46C6-A77A-8C05BCAF99C1.jpeg

Clearly I was mistaken. They do fit with the rear block removed. Don’t know why I thought otherwise. ??‍♂️??

Ironically enough my battery just swelled after a run in my granite the other day. I’m wondering if the battery is too powerful for my truck and is overheating it.

Ironically enough my battery just swelled after a run in my granite the other day. I’m wondering if the battery is too powerful for my truck and is overheating it.
i heard really swelled battery need to be discharge and disposed due to fire hazard.
The block that is held in by 1 screw on the bottom and makes your battery tray bigger when removed
thanks, didn't know what that block was, i guess its battery spacer.

i heard really swelled battery need to be discharge and disposed due to fire hazard.

yeah I know. I’m gonna get a new one but I’m just wondering if it was just too powerful. It’s a 3s Lipo 5000mah 97amp 90C constant battery. I’ve only ran it in the truck about 8 times and it just swelled up after a run and then once it cooled off it went right back to normal size. I’m gonna try a 50C battery next

Nope it’s the opposite. Your lipo was overrated and swole up due to its inability to keep up with the ESC demand, OR you drew it down too low below LVC.

Yeah your for sure drawing to much from your packs try dropping down a tooth or 2 or invest in a higher true c rating pack for a tooth or 2 it will not be seen on bashing In therms of flat out but gain I response it will reduce load on everything thing.

I would ditch the T plugs and use ec5. That extra 50 amp Continuous will put less load on esc and battery due the the lower resistance as the heat will not build up the same and well in theory last longer its always finding the weakest link.

Edit:, are the lipo wires ar least 10awg?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back