Vorteks Motor size question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knowing that, what's the max rpm these motors can run without doing damage to themselves?
They differ even in the same KV BUT, typically what a manufacturer states are all within a few 1000 RPM of each other.

Could you run more volts through a higher KV motor, sure! But you risk grenading the motor or overheating it quickly.

RC'n to me is how much can everything handle and then you dial back a bit. Not the other way around.

EDIT: Then there is drag. Weight and aerodynamics all play a roll in how much RPM a motor can spool up. Just because one can plug in a battery that is 12.6V doesn't mean that 3300KV motor is actually seeing 41,580 RPM while you are using it.

They differ even in the same KV BUT, typically what a manufacturer states are all within a few 1000 RPM of each other.

Could you run more volts through a higher KV motor, sure! But you risk grenading the motor or overheating it quickly.

RC'n to me is how much can everything handle and then you dial back a bit. Not the other way around.

EDIT: Then there is drag. Weight and aerodynamics all play a roll in how much RPM a motor can spool up. Just because one can plug in a battery that is 12.6V doesn't mean that 3300KV motor is actually seeing 41,580 RPM while you are using it.

Always makes me wonder how many rpm my 0808 8200kv actually sees on 3s speedruning in the mini b 🤔

Rated for 8.4V max=RPM 69k. On 3s that's 103K. Both with no load.

I bet she's getting stinky warm. (y):LOL:

I only ever run a single pass and done. Honestly it doesn't get hot at all on 1 pass. I tried a few passes one time and it wasn't happy. 😅 mini b is very light so I think that helps.
The new Mx2 is 4s capable though 🤣
I'm about to retire that 0808. A 4s pass sounds like a good way out 😁

I only ever run a single pass and done. Honestly it doesn't get hot at all on 1 pass. I tried a few passes one time and it wasn't happy. 😅 mini b is very light so I think that helps.
The new Mx2 is 4s capable though 🤣
I'm about to retire that 0808. A 4s pass sounds like a good way out 😁
Vid or it didn’t happen.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back