• No, you will be disappointed

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Hell yeah, they are a blast and durable

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • I just wanted to vote.

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snoprosledneck88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Voltage
Ok so I have a V3 Outcast and my son has a granite mega that we recently upgraded to brushless. I love my outcast, I really enjoy the power and durability. It jumps high and it jumps far and it's a blast. So my son's granite seemed pretty cool when we put the brushless system in it, especially for a 6-year-old. I then went up in pinion size and it was really nice, even made me grin. Then I threw 3S at it and hell, it even smiled. I swapped out the stock slipper for a 4s slipper. I will admit I didn't really think through the fact that the stock spur is a 91T and I was dropping to a 57T and still kept a 17T pinion. So this thing is an absolute monster now! I have to put it back on 2s and it still pulls rolling wheelies. 3S Is almost too much, like its so much fun I kinda want one, like really bad. I never thought I would want a 3s rig but omg this thing is crazy fun. So here the question, would someone who has been strictly driving a 6s rig for the last 3 years be happy with a 3s truck? If so, what would you recommend? I really love the granite my son has, durability has been top-notch. Part of me would really like to get a 3s Typhon and throw badlands on it or backflip LP's and the other side of me wouldn't mind a granite. Help me out guys, is the 3s rig durable enough to bash like a 6s rig. My gut is really telling me no, and I feel like it would be a mistake.

if you don't have a 6s I'd go 6s you won't be disappointed that's for darn sure

3s is good for smaller spaces. I'd like to have a 3s in addition to my Mojave

Well Dude then u must get the 8s then ? but by all means if you really want it then get the 3s they are super fun and durable always upgrade later ?

Well Dude then u must get the 8s then ? but by all means if you really want it then get the 3s they are super fun and durable always upgrade later ?
I will be honest, the 8s Kraton is really underwhelming to me. I have been trying really hard to get into it, watching videos and I just can't. My son's little granite seems like a lot of fun but maybe it because we just got done upgrading it and it's new. IDK

Yeah I can agree with that it's the excitement of the build! getting all those nice parts and upgrades and putting them all together is what also makes this hobby so much fun....but can also lead to an ever unfulfilled addiction of more more more.

I have a kraton6s only ran on 6s. I have a modded granite that can take 4s but I am still running it on 3s. I still have as much fun on 3s as 6s.

I see it as the needs of the vehicle. The kraton6s is bigger/heavier so more cells and a bigger system suits it.

BUT, I threw the blx185 on my granite with 3s and a 22t pinion and oh balls that thing is so much fun!

The fact that my granite is turning 3.8 tires and still has speed on 3s just makes me keep running it.

The lightweight 3S platform is just really fun. You don’t need tons of power because of this. The downside is that the plastic chassis and drivetrain aren’t as bulletproof. Sure you can throw $1000 into a $300 truck (amirite @fpvmiller) and make it a tank. But I might be biased.

The lightweight 3S platform is just really fun. You don’t need tons of power because of this. The downside is that the plastic chassis and drivetrain aren’t as bulletproof. Sure you can throw $1000 into a $300 truck (amirite @fpvmiller) and make it a tank. But I might be biased.

It aint even about the cost for me :ROFLMAO: it's about "I want to do it to do it" lol but seriously I do things like that to keep the spark alive. (y);)

I can see where they really move on a little amount of power. I drove my son’s today a little bit but tbh I didn’t drive it like it’s mine. I know I pay for it but I would feel bad sending his truck like I do my outcast and something break. He would be so bummed to have it down over the weekend. I will keep looking around. Maybe I’m just wanting a new truck and this seems like a cheap alt compared to a 6s truck. Also if I get another 1/8 I’m waiting for the new release. That doesn’t help knowing I can get a 3s rig now haha

I have both 6s and 3s. Love them all. My 6s car include a Kraton, a LP Outcast, and a Typhon/Siren. (Yeah, I don't keep stuff stock :) ) Plus my Granite Mega brushless (3660 3800kv). I run the Granite almost only on 3s, and yeah, it is a blast. I just put it back together after it being down for cleaning and am remembering why I like it so much. It is light and nimble, and has brutal power, and can take a beating.

In another thread, I compared Monster trucks to hammers. IMHO, you need the right hammer for the job, and sometimes a smaller hammer gets the job done better than a big one. The 6s cars are big 24oz framing hammers - my dad called them "Wrecking hammers", cuz you could tear some chit up with them... LOL... But sometime you need that big hammer. :) But for most jobs, a 16oz finish hammer is a better tool. Which is why I drive my Granite and Siren more than my other trucks - for around the yard bashing, the are better. Take them to a park, then the 6s rule.

my .02
Jerry

They both have their ups and downs.
The 6s lineup is a little older and has been revised over the years and has a large aftermarket support but they tend to cost a bit more as do the parts and they require more and larger batteries.

The 3s lineup is rather new still and hasn't even been revised since release, they did change out the electronics and added a capacitor to the esc, they do not have as much aftermarket support and they cost less, have cheaper parts and don't require 2 3s or 1 6s battery to run.

I have both 6s and 3s. Love them all. My 6s car include a Kraton, a LP Outcast, and a Typhon/Siren. (Yeah, I don't keep stuff stock :) ) Plus my Granite Mega brushless (3660 3800kv). I run the Granite almost only on 3s, and yeah, it is a blast. I just put it back together after it being down for cleaning and am remembering why I like it so much. It is light and nimble, and has brutal power, and can take a beating.

In another thread, I compared Monster trucks to hammers. IMHO, you need the right hammer for the job, and sometimes a smaller hammer gets the job done better than a big one. The 6s cars are big 24oz framing hammers - my dad called them "Wrecking hammers", cuz you could tear some chit up with them... LOL... But sometime you need that big hammer. :) But for most jobs, a 16oz finish hammer is a better tool. Which is why I drive my Granite and Siren more than my other trucks - for around the yard bashing, the are better. Take them to a park, then the 6s rule.

my .02
Jerry

Yeah sometimes the smaller rigs are easier to run, that's why I like my LC Racing stuff, I can toss them in my backpack and head out the door.

I love my Big Rock Crew Cab and Granite. I have five 6s trucks now also and still thinking of buying another 3s (Typhon.) I've found that on my 3s trucks I can get extreme fun without the upgrades cost of the 6s trucks. Plus, very easy to work on when they break, cheap stock parts with plenty availability right now. They fly just as well imo.

The 2 arrmas I have (until my limitless gets delivered) is a granite 3s and typhon 6s. The only time I drive my granite is when the typhon is down for maintenance or waiting for parts. If I want to drive slower, I run 4s but more often than not, I run her on 6s because I like to go full on and that buggy is a heck of a ride. More and more my granite sits on the shelf and I can see it getting sold to fund a new truck.

6S is brutal and not for beginners.
Its devastating quick and takes a lot of getting used to.
This is what happened to my brand new katar tyres after 30 minutes.
20200509_211003.jpg

View attachment 79519
Onroad driving eats tires.
This was after 3 packs.
20170520_172823.jpg

View attachment 79519
I've never seen anything like this! Lol. Must be driving on 120 grit sandpaper!

The 3S platform is awesome. I own both 6S & 3S my Typhon and Granite gets most used because of the place at home I run. If you got the room.. The 6s are a blast. The 3S rigs like others have said are easy to work on, parts are plentiful and upgrading is super easy. They have plenty of speed and other than the cold Winter time are pretty darn durable. Plastic will flex where metal bends and stays. I get just the same amount of fun with the 3S rigs as I do with my Talion.

Back