Kraton 6s Arrma w Plastic Chassis?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenwm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Vorteks
Just saw on Facebook that someone that works for a company that makes plastics for Arrma
Supposedly sent out plastic chassis designs for Arrma to test

What do you guys think
6s w plastic chassis?

Just saw on Facebook that someone that works for a company that makes plastics for Arrma

What do you guys think
6s w plastic chassis?

IF they designed a plastic/composite chassis to be extra Tough and add strengthen around the neck area where the diffs mount up then I would definitely accept such a creation!

Perhaps if they sandwich a 2mm thick carbon fiber plate into the chassis (if not the entire chassis) at least around the 'weak' areas then it should be pretty stout!
Or even if they integrate it as part of a module where you can add in or replace such plate (to upgrade the stock aluminum reinforcement piece?)

Last edited:
IF they designed a plastic/composite chassis to be extra Tough and add strengthen around the neck area where the diffs mount up then I would definitely accept such a creation!
Once I saw this post I knew it grease your gears! 😆

What do you guys think
6s w plastic chassis?

Would you happen to have a link to such post on FacePalm?

I've always wondered if a plastic chassis with an aluminum spine would be any good. Give you some flex from the plastic and the overall strength of an aluminum bar. Wonder if there is a balance between weight and strength there :unsure:

Is Arrma copying Traxxas again? If you can’t beat them, join ‘em I guess.
I prefer the handling and design of an aluminum chassis, but there's no arguing Traxxas makes some really tough cars.

A Maxx, X-Maxx, or XRT chassis can survive way more abuse than the Arrma equivalents. And if something does happen, the chassis is like $15 to replace.

I've always wondered if a plastic chassis with an aluminum spine would be any good. Give you some flex from the plastic and the overall strength of an aluminum bar. Wonder if there is a balance between weight and strength there :unsure:

You really want TWO complimentary materials -where both can give and Flex back to original state... (that's why carbon fiber and plastics -either Nylon or ABS would work.)
Aluminum will not do that.

You really want TWO complimentary materials -where both can give and Flex back to original state... (that's why carbon fiber and plastics -either Nylon or ABS would work.)
Aluminum will not do that.
Isn't that the entire RC world already though? A marriage of aluminum, steel, and plastics placed together in different ways?

Aluminum can flex to a degree. All materials absorb energy, flex, and will then return back to original state--if within the elastic range. And you'd need to maintain some sort of rigidity in the chassis as a founding trait. It keeps driveshafts from bending, keeps gears in alignment, etc. The arrma 3s uses the honeycomb spine for rigidity. Why not have a stronger spine of aluminum with smartly designed connection points to the plastic "tub". The tub could then transfer energy to the strong spine at the right locations?

TVP chassis is what's coming to mind. Something like that, but just not as much of a pain to work on.

Just spitballing here.

Just force their manufacturing contractor to make the existing chassis design out of the aluminum grade Arrma claims to use rather than a buttery-soft mystery alloy, and they can consider the 6s chassis a solved problem.

Would you know of any Angel investors?
I would be able to design and produce Custom Carbon Fiber Chassis ,just need some investment capital...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back