6s v4 diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coopsonthefarm

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Pulled the trigger on the new Kraton! Was qurious about the diffs. Any one opened them up? Are they needing to be shimmed the same way as the v3 line up? Thanks ??

Pulled the trigger on the new Kraton! Was qurious about the diffs. Any one opened them up? Are they needing to be shimmed the same way as the v3 line up? Thanks ??
Well being as how the V3 lineup didn't need shims out of the box I am thinking these won't either. It was the V1 and V2 diffs that needed shimming.

I believe someone also said in the V4 thread that they possibly come shimmed from the factory as one of the unmentioned changes. Don't quote me on that though. ;)
They have always come preshimmed 1 shim on either side of the satellite gears, just since the V3 release they changed something to make a vast majority of the diffs not need them.

You can try to shim them, just assemble them dry then test by hand before adding fluid. The diff should feel smooth if it feels crunchy you need to remove the shims,if it feels sloppy add shims and again assemble dry then test before filling, trust me it gets messy if you fill it up before you test it out.

The v4 diffs have additional shims from the factory
Arrma part# ARA709057

IMG_9413.jpg

Does shimming the inside of your diff help prevent stripping the ring and/or pinion gear?

Does shimming the inside of your diff help prevent stripping the ring and/or pinion gear?
Negative, shimming the outside of the diff does. Part number ARA709057 looks to be the new shims for shimming the crown gear.
I need to look to see what the shim size is for shimming the pinion gear.

I believe someone also said in the V4 thread that they possibly come shimmed from the factory as one of the unmentioned changes. Don't quote me on that though. ;)
Thanks!! Can’t wait till mine shows up so I can fine out ??

Be nice to have actual arrma part numbers to order for our V3s if they fit perfectly. I always see threads pop up for "what kyosho/tekno/etc part did you guys use again?" :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back