Adding the SCT410.3 to my lineup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hector_Fisher

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton EXB
Picked up the SCT410 from tower hobbies for $260 after a $60 discount! As someone on the tekno forum put it it was a deal that I'd have to be crazy NOT to take!

I should thank @KnowAir for keeping an awesome build log that made me finally jump the gun on this, since I've been sitting on the fence for a long time--I'd never been so excited for someone else's build! Maybe I'll do my own SCT build log when I turn this into a 6s street truck :LOL:

For now I'll actually have something to look forward to come those winter days with perpetual rain. I can head to the indoor track and hopefully blend in truck wise (driving abilities excluded).

I got one too! Not as good a deal $299 but still better the $500. Made a little monster truck out of mine. There awesome little trucks.
E5D149F5-0886-4C7B-AFAC-1DAD61E98FBC.jpeg

Picked up the SCT410 from tower hobbies for $260 after a $60 discount! As someone on the tekno forum put it it was a deal that I'd have to be crazy NOT to take!

I should thank @KnowAir for keeping an awesome build log that made me finally jump the gun on this, since I've been sitting on the fence for a long time--I'd never been so excited for someone else's build! Maybe I'll do my own SCT build log when I turn this into a 6s street truck :LOL:

For now I'll actually have something to look forward to come those winter days with perpetual rain. I can head to the indoor track and hopefully blend in truck wise (driving abilities excluded).
Sweet!! Congrats!😁🍻 Thanks for the suggestions, tips and encouragement!! I look forward to seeing your build.. 6s street truck? Oh man, that'll be kick ass bro!!😮😁👌Maybe you should name it Lethal Weapon!! HaHa 🍻

I got one too! Not as good a deal $299 but still better the $500. Made a little monster truck out of mine. There awesome little trucks. View attachment 243812
Nice! What body do you run with those MT tires?
Sweet!! Congrats!😁🍻 Thanks for the suggestions, tips and encouragement!! I look forward to seeing your build.. 6s street truck? Oh man, that'll be kick ass bro!!😮😁👌Maybe you should name it Lethal Weapon!! HaHa 🍻
Thanks man, much appreciate the detailed conversations and patience with my questions on your build thread! :LOL:

I'm keeping an open mind right now for what I want to do with it since the rain's about to start up here in the next month ish. We'll start with 4s street bashing on the hoons and save up for some clay track tires to use later this year.

Now I just have to find a way to explain to my wife why I bought another RC when she sees the box on the doorstep. Not gonna bother trying to hide it when parts will be spread out over the dinner table! ;)
Congrats ! Can the truck handle 6s ? Diffs ?
Thanks! Honestly? No idea haha. I'll probably be doing some experimenting come next summer. I know the MT410 can handle 6s, and this isn't too far from it. The spur on either needs to be replaced with a steel one for sure, and possibly replace the composite diff cross pins with the steel ones. The ring/pinon gears on F/R diffs are different part numbers (TKR5405/TKR5403 for MT vs TKR5151/TKR5152 for SCT) but look identical. The MT is 9t while the sct is 10t. For right now, it'll just be running 4s though.

When I used to race my Losi SCTE 3.0 , it was this and the Tekno sct410.3 on the track . Tekno was more durable , not that the Losi wasn’t , but the Losi is more race inspired . For what you are doing , Tekno all the way .
We race on high grip Ozite carpet / turf . Nice because the trucks stay clean!

Last edited:
TBH, the sct410 with a strong 36xx on 4s will be plenty fast I'm thinking, but I sure wouldn't tell anyone they shouldn't swing for the fence!!😮😁🤘
I'm keeping an open mind right now for what I want to do with it since the rain's about to start up here in the next month ish.
That sounds terrible, I'd rather have the snow. Can be fun for bashing in. Just limit use to 1 or 2 rigs cuz whatever gets run in the snow will need new bearings minimum. Last year I broke in my brand new Xmaxx in the snow, not my best idea I'll admit. But damn that thing looked awesome launching off a snow bank to 15 foot!! HaHa 🙄😮😁🍻

Last edited:
When I used to race my Losi SCTE 3.0 , it was this and the Tekno sct410.3 on the track . Tekno was more durable , not that the Losi wasn’t , but the Losi is more race inspired . For what you are doing , Tekno all the way .
We race on high grip Ozite carpet / turf . Nice because the trucks stay clean!
Happy that I didn't buy a Losi then! Mostly because i know i'm not going to be seriously competitive on a race track anyway and because i know i'm going to make some doofus driving mistakes... Good to know it should hold up well.
TBH, the sct410 with a strong 36xx on 4s will be plenty fast I'm thinking, but I sure wouldn't tell anyone they shouldn't swing for the fence!!😮😁🤘
Depends on what your definition of "strong" 36XX is. I'll be running the 3660 3200kv spektrum motor from my senton/bigrock :cool: had to find a way to keep costs down initially!

Happy that I didn't buy a Losi then! Mostly because i know i'm not going to be seriously competitive on a race track anyway and because i know i'm going to make some doofus driving mistakes... Good to know it should hold up well.

Depends on what your definition of "strong" 36XX is. I'll be running the 3660 3200kv spektrum motor from my senton/bigrock :cool: had to find a way to keep costs down initially!
Well, in your case, sounds like a Spektrum 3660 needs to be "strong enough" HaHa. It'll get the party started no doubt👍Just think, the Tekno drivetrain won't even feel that motor😉
With regards to my sct410, the Vilenion 3670 from my hoss is actually really good. I have the unbranded (HW?) 3670 2600kv ($40)on the way and wondering if I even want to put it in the sct. I do want to put the hoss back together for winter, it just loves snowbanks 🤭 but no way I'm subjecting that to 4s, my pockets aren't deep enough to get the hoss to handle 4s. Nor my stomach for that matter. The hoss is fun but IMO 3s is really the limit before one falls into the TRX upgrade rabbit hole.

Last edited:
Nice! What body do you run with those MT tires?

Thanks man, much appreciate the detailed conversations and patience with my questions on your build thread! :LOL:

I'm keeping an open mind right now for what I want to do with it since the rain's about to start up here in the next month ish. We'll start with 4s street bashing on the hoons and save up for some clay track tires to use later this year.

Now I just have to find a way to explain to my wife why I bought another RC when she sees the box on the doorstep. Not gonna bother trying to hide it when parts will be spread out over the dinner table! ;)

Thanks! Honestly? No idea haha. I'll probably be doing some experimenting come next summer. I know the MT410 can handle 6s, and this isn't too far from it. The spur on either needs to be replaced with a steel one for sure, and possibly replace the composite diff cross pins with the steel ones. The ring/pinon gears on F/R diffs are different part numbers (TKR5405/TKR5403 for MT vs TKR5151/TKR5152 for SCT) but look identical. The MT is 9t while the sct is 10t. For right now, it'll just be running 4s though.
It's made by Pro-Line. Made for the slash but fits the Tenko just fine. I still need to get mine painted.
8F177881-895E-4AD9-8918-F81AE93C10AE.png

That sounds terrible, I'd rather have the snow. Can be fun for bashing in. Just limit use to 1 or 2 rigs cuz whatever gets run in the snow will need new bearings minimum. Last year I broke in my brand new Xmaxx in the snow, not my best idea I'll admit. But damn that thing looked awesome launching off a snow bank to 15 foot!! HaHa 🙄😮😁🍻
I'd rather have snow too. I grew up in Colorado and miss the snow. Last couple of years we've at least had a good snow once a year up here in washington. I mostly have issues with snapping plastic parts in the snow cause I don't know how to scale back my driving when it's cold and everything gets brittle (summit suspension links, Arrma 3s a-arms). Always dried my trucks off quickly afterwards, but never checked the bearings. Maybe that's why my Summit was squeaking so badly afterwards??? :unsure:
1663343724719.png

FWIW, I hear of peeps running the Vilenion 3670 2400kv on 6s. Not sure how long the fuse is at that kinda voltage tho☄🔥🤣
Not sure how well traxxas motors handle 60k rpm... but yeah i'm not thinking it would last long either. Then again, i was running 4s on a different 3150kv spektrum motor for quite some time without any major consequences! Thinking the arrma 3s motor should be fine since i won't be running at full throttle all the time.
It's made by Pro-Line. Made for the slash but fits the Tenko just fine. I still need to get mine painted.View attachment 243847
Almost went with the monster fusion when i converted my senton to MT! Ultimately the bigrock body was much cheaper and I eventually did the RPM widening, so the fusion body wouldn't have fit anymore.

I'd rather have snow too. I grew up in Colorado and miss the snow. Last couple of years we've at least had a good snow once a year up here in washington. I mostly have issues with snapping plastic parts in the snow cause I don't know how to scale back my driving when it's cold and everything gets brittle (summit suspension links, Arrma 3s a-arms). Always dried my trucks off quickly afterwards, but never checked the bearings. Maybe that's why my Summit was squeaking so badly afterwards??? :unsure:
View attachment 243856

Not sure how well traxxas motors handle 60k rpm... but yeah i'm not thinking it would last long either. Then again, i was running 4s on a different 3150kv spektrum motor for quite some time without any major consequences! Thinking the arrma 3s motor should be fine since i won't be running at full throttle all the time.

Almost went with the monster fusion when i converted my senton to MT! Ultimately the bigrock body was much cheaper and I eventually did the RPM widening, so the fusion body wouldn't have fit anymore.
you widen it! Is it wider then it is long now!! lol

View attachment 243856

THAT'S what I'm talkin bout!! Nice picture! Worth 10k words!! Was doing similar with the "X" last winter. Don't think I will this year though. Bearings really don't like it in my experience. I had to "unseize" a few wheel and outdrive bearings in it afterwards. Still in it today..I know, bearings are cheap, but I'm cheaper!! LOL
The slash body fits near perfectly on an sct410.3. Much respect to the folks who put the time and effort into painting a body up, but between lazy, cheap and knowing what I'm gonna do to it, I just buy them prepainted. Typically the cheapest I can find. Just me✌🍻
you widen it! Is it wider then it is long now!! lol
Like an mt410. Perfect for stunting, not much else unfortunately. I have one, not stunting these days so ..gonna stretch it to ET48. I know, it won't be an ET48 but a better fit for my use.

THAT'S what I'm talkin bout!! Nice picture! Worth 10k words!! Was doing similar with the "X" last winter. Don't think I will this year though. Bearings really don't like it in my experience. I had to "unseize" a few wheel and outdrive bearings in it afterwards. Still in it today..I know, bearings are cheap, but I'm cheaper!! LOL
The slash body fits near perfectly on an sct410.3. Much respect to the folks who put the time and effort into painting a body up, but between lazy, cheap and knowing what I'm gonna do to it, I just buy them prepainted. Typically the cheapest I can find. Just me✌🍻

Like an mt410. Perfect for stunting, not much else unfortunately. I have one, not stunting these days so ..gonna stretch it to ET48. I know, it won't be an ET48 but a better fit for my use.
I like the idea of extending the MT410, that or getting some M2C stuff for it. Just don't have anywhere near the funds for it. Chassis' just get so expensive!

Part of why i like the MT410 is because it commands you to drive it well. I don't do crazy stunts with it (yet?), but even on 4s, it's hard to lay down all the throttle without a wheelie.

What i'm excited about with the SCT is being able to just punch it and let it fly! More usable throttle range :cool:

Hector , 2wd SC is just as fun !!!
From a technical perspective, i think 2wd is definitely more challenging for sure. More of a mastery of the arts kind of thing, so i can see what you mean. Though I feel like 2wd is probably most fun when racing. Or are you talking about bashing?

I have long term plans to do a 2wd speed running car, but since 4wd is really needed for most areas where i run due to the terrain, i've never really seriously considered getting a 2wd truck for bashing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back