I’m going to let the universe decide.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan, while I cannot comment on your quest to stop smoking because I never smoked and therefore just can't thoroughly understand, I do applaud you for by passing McDonald's! That's real courage. I always LOVED McDonald's but there food is not the same as it once was. I find there fry's disgusting ( use to be my favorite ) even the burgers suck now. Don't even get me started on their prices! I can get a better steak dinner for what they charge. I personally have vowed NEVER to eat at McDonald's again. Sorry I'm off topic on the smoking but you showed real courage today! Just say no to the evil clown Ronald!

I also sworn off the McClown-Donalds.. Including my two little kids + wife, since 2020..

They ain't getting none of our money, period.

Dan, while I cannot comment on your quest to stop smoking because I never smoked and therefore just can't thoroughly understand, I do applaud you for by passing McDonald's! That's real courage. I always LOVED McDonald's but there food is not the same as it once was. I find there fry's disgusting ( use to be my favorite ) even the burgers suck now. Don't even get me started on their prices! I can get a better steak dinner for what they charge. I personally have vowed NEVER to eat at McDonald's again. Sorry I'm off topic on the smoking but you showed real courage today! Just say no to the evil clown Ronald!
😁 Ronald Mcdonald is a symbol of consumerism on the side of profit over health. So are cigarettes. I guess it's best to flip all that crap off. Maybe I will quit too. I already beat high blood sugar with weight loss, and should put away the adult pacifier as well. I can. I started smoking when my best friend died. He's gone, and no amount of selfish, depressive behavior will bring him back. Smoking is especially selfish when you have someone who cares about you in your life. My sister was selfish to engage in anorexia nervosa as a teenager, but when she learned it deeply hurt my mother, she pulled out of it. Even anorexia is an addiction. Addictions are for the weak. If I can watch my plate and never eat crap like donuts or candy ever again, I can do this too, and Dan B is just as capable. He has every reason to kick it aside because he has no reason not to. He worked too hard his whole life and has too much to live comfortably for to just go and die gasping for air. I watched my great Aunt die that way. It wasn't pretty. He also needs to stay away from the idea of "shame." It's not healthy and it's self defeating.

Amazing how they were all allowed to operate during the double decker scam whilst other companies all had to be shut down and eventually lost everything.

Close down all the gyms...but keep the fast food going...you would have to pay me to eat their rubbish.

Dan B is just as capable. He has every reason to kick it aside because he has no reason not to. He worked too hard his whole life and has too much to live comfortably for to just go and die gasping for air. I watched my great Aunt die that way. It wasn't pretty. He also needs to stay away from the idea of "shame." It's not healthy and it's self defeating.
First of all, how do you know? What if I’ve been a lazy bastard my whole life, doing nothing more than making excuses for my own ineffectual contributions to the human race while I see those around me accomplishing the more noble goals that we all strive for? Would the concept of shame then not be appropriate for my sorry ass?
Asking for a friend…

First of all, how do you know? What if I’ve been a lazy bastard my whole life, doing nothing more than making excuses for my own ineffectual contributions to the human race while I see those around me accomplishing the more noble goals that we all strive for? Would the concept of shame then not be appropriate for my sorry ass?
Asking for a friend…
good luck

Last edited:
1st of all, I think you should be noted as far as you've gotten it. As a smoker for 30+ years, I really felt I was gonna quit after my "episode" last year. I spent 3+ months in the hospital, not anything to smoke. As soon as I got out, it was gone. Not back 100%, but I don't mind having 3 or 4 smokes a day- a lot better than a pack per day. I know I may be in the minority here, I'm not sure if anyone has asked this, but do have an "other" thing to smoke instead? You may just have to try that instead 😃🌲🌲

Hope you're not taking my metaphor out of context. I want you to stop smoking. I roll a fatty here and there. 💥 . Its all good man. Have fun with it. You will get it done. Or beat me to a pulp. Ha. 🤣. Its all good. :cool:
I was actually responding to the Dalai Lama, aka that Shadows dude. I just can’t figure him out for the life of me. One minute he’s attacking me or someone else for no discernible reason, and the next minute he’s kissing my a$$ and telling me what a great guy I am. And don’t get me wrong, I’m indeed a fantastic motherf’’cker but he doesn’t know that.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I still don’t get the shoe metaphor…

1st of all, I think you should be noted as far as you've gotten it. As a smoker for 30+ years, I really felt I was gonna quit after my "episode" last year. I spent 3+ months in the hospital, not anything to smoke. As soon as I got out, it was gone. Not back 100%, but I don't mind having 3 or 4 smokes a day- a lot better than a pack per day. I know I may be in the minority here, I'm not sure if anyone has asked this, but do have an "other" thing to smoke instead? You may just have to try that instead 😃🌲🌲
good luck

Last edited:
Asking for a friend…
Actually, no. Because as you said, we don't know another's life here. All I can go by is the information you've put on this forum, and that's what I went by. Shame is cruel to oneself and others. I take it you were offended. I meant no offense. I only meant to be encouraging, and to say I'm only human, myself. Anything you appear to be offended about, I too am guilty of. Was only saying you're not alone here with the smoking, and that I had faith you could stop. I meant no negative feelings. Some dark humor, maybe...but not that.

Edit: and I didn't kiss your @$$. I never said or even implied you were a "great guy." You've made it clear that you're not. I said that you have a good reason to quit. You have people to think about. Was that bad to say? Do you want your wife to watch you gasp for air with $h*t falling out your @$$ because the lack of oxygen can open that up like you've been caught by Bubba in prison? You have a wife, right? And who's "noble," here? I never implied I was, but were you implying you are? Talk about saying you're smug without saying you're smug. Looks like a major case of ego. Maybe you're a narcissist. After all, they do base their entire lives around shame. Only a narc (narcissist) would come on here for attention about every little detail of their life. Another edit: your thread title about your knee surgery comes to mind. What was the title again? I guess the events and details of your life are so incredibly interesting and important that you have to let everyone know what occurs every hour. It's bad that I have to be the one to break it to you but....this isn't the Dan B forum. You're a premium member, but you don’t own it. Your 💩 doesn't stack that high. Tell ya' what, go ahead and smoke your brains out. I don't care anymore. Light up and keep it to yourself. Stick with staying to the subject of the hobby. Go work out your aluminum control arm situation with Raz, or something. Nobody really needs another self-important Howard Cosell report/update on your daily life.

Last edited:
Actually, no. Because as you said, we don't know another's life here. All I can go by is the information you've put on this forum, and that's what I went by. Shame is cruel to oneself and others. I take it you were offended. I meant no offense. I only meant to be encouraging, and to say I'm only human, myself. Anything you appear to be offended about, I too am guilty of. Was only saying you're not alone here with the smoking, and that I had faith you could stop. I meant no negative feelings. Some dark humor, maybe...but not that.
good luck

Last edited:
I was actually responding to the Dalai Lama, aka that Shadows dude. I just can’t figure him out for the life of me. One minute he’s attacking me or someone else for no discernible reason, and the next minute he’s kissing my a$$ and telling me what a great guy I am. And don’t get me wrong, I’m indeed a fantastic motherf’’cker but he doesn’t know that.
Dan, there is no better person than my gf Paula to explain the shoe metaphor.

I've read all four pages and still don't know if you've won the battle with cigarettes or if you've finally got a new pair of shoes...?

I've read all four pages and still don't know if you've won the battle with cigarettes or if you've finally got a new pair of shoes...?
Who cares? It's his problem. Let him choke on em.'

No more 'brown nosing' the narc. Despite his delusion of grandeur, I never did. If you say you care at all....they fluff up. Don't fluff him up.

Last edited:

Edit: and I didn't kiss your @$$. I never said or even implied you were a "great guy." You've made it clear that you're not. I said that you have a good reason to quit. You have people to think about. Was that bad to say? Do you want your wife to watch you gasp for air with $h*t falling out your @$$ because the lack of oxygen can open that up like you've been caught by Bubba in prison? You have a wife, right? And who's "noble," here? I never implied I was, but were you implying you are? Talk about saying you're smug without saying you're smug. Looks like a major case of ego. Maybe you're a narcissist. After all, they do base their entire lives around shame. Only a narc (narcissist) would come on here for attention about every little detail of their life. Another edit: your thread title about your knee surgery comes to mind. What was the title again? I guess the events and details of your life are so incredibly interesting and important that you have to let everyone know what occurs every hour. It's bad that I have to be the one to break it to you but....this isn't the Dan B forum. You're a premium member, but you don’t own it. Your 💩 doesn't stack that high. Tell ya' what, go ahead and smoke your brains out. I don't care anymore. Light up and keep it to yourself. Stick with staying to the subject of the hobby. Go work out your aluminum control arm situation with Raz, or something. Nobody really needs another self-important Howard Cosell report/update on your daily life.
Yeah, you’re 100% correct. And I wasn’t trying to “overshare.” But I guess I was? A lot of members here share personal details and I’m among them. I probably won’t quit doing that, so maybe you should avoid those posts of mine.
Peace, man.

I think shadows is just trying to be supportive.like everyone else here. Regardless if we know you personally or not we just want what's best for you.. truly the only one that knows what's best for you is you👍 I definitely suggest you smoke some bomb ass chronic cause you sound cranky.you need something to take that edge off bud.

Back