Kimbrough Racing Products is out of business after all those years.???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SrC

RC is a lifestyle choice
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Typhon TLR
I noticed their website is down for a while. Although its says "Temporarily Closed". Doesn't look good.
Maybe they are revamping their site or starting a new one? Hopefully.
I still see their inventory with many vendors out there. Might all dry up soon. IDK. HD Servos Savers and all, etc.

http://kimbroughracingproducts.com/store/store_closed.htmlis

Yeah that was what I was eluding to.
Better stock up while you can. No one else out there quite like Kimbrough stuff. They were always a staple RC brand in this hobby going back decades.

Yeah that was what I was eluding to.
Better stock up while you can. No one else out there quite like Kimbrough stuff. They were always a staple RC brand in this hobby going back decades.

Yup Kimbrough actually made the spur gears for Associated back in the day.

Yup Kimbrough actually made the spur gears for Associated back in the day.
RRP and Kimbroughs ruled going way back. I had recently got new Kimb. spur gears for my RC10L.

I always bought direct from Kimbrough. They have nice rubber knurled slip on radio wheels, I use for my Crawler radios.

Last edited:
I always bought direct from Kimbrough. They have nice rubber knurled slip on radio wheels, I use for my Crawler radios.
They still make those? Wow. I had one of those on my old Futaba back in the early 90’s!

They didn't really have much new stuff going on. But there old designs were always in demand. They were an old RC legend brand. Hopefully they are still running. I may try to phone them up or email them. They were big with Pan Car diffs at one time. Spurs, and related parts.
No metal stuff though if I remember. Mostly Nylon parts.
Maybe they just retired, the business and all. Understandably so in this day and age.
They seemed like a very small business, considering what little they had to sell. Their shipping was always fast.

Last edited:
They didn't really have much new stuff going on. But there old designs were always in demand. They were an old RC legend brand. Hopefully they are still running. I may try to phone them up or email them. They were big with Pan Car diffs at one time. Spurs, and related parts.
No metal stuff though if I remember. Mostly Nylon parts.
Yep, I ran a kimborough servo saver in my Bolink pan car, my Traxxas Sledgehammer, and my Hawk back in the late 80’s to early 90’s lol. And their gears were top notch.

They were extremely Centric spur gears.

^^^ Yeah that was when plastic gears were the rage, back when. Pretty much still is with light 1/10 stuff.
The logic being they are self lubricating and lightweight. Better performance.
Steel spurs against steel pinions are noisy, yet more durable with high powered, heavy model setups.

^^^ Awesome find . Pretty cool.
I always imagined Kimbrough having a basic old school Shop like that.
That Servo pressing machine must be like 40 years old.
To think that numerous of my Kimb. SS's came off that machine.:)

Back