Kraton AliExpress China special Gearbox case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The parts look nice initially but the first fail is the rear hubs. They are too short.

The gap between the outer bearing and the wheel nut hub is about 10mm or more. So there's nothing stopping the red part (what do you call that on these?) from sliding back and forth, other than the axle I guess....

1654831540548.png

The parts look nice initially but the first fail is the rear hubs. They are too short.

The gap between the outer bearing and the wheel nut hub is about 10mm or more. So there's nothing stopping the red part (what do you call that on these?) from sliding back and forth, other than the axle I guess....

View attachment 222655
These are for the short hub trucks - Typhon, Senton, Limitless, etc. I haven't seen any HR knockoffs for the long hub trucks yet. Incidentally, when HR first made hubs for the Kraton, people bought them for the short hub trucks too, not knowing there were 2 different hubs.

These are for the short hub trucks - Typhon, Senton, Limitless, etc. I haven't seen any HR knockoffs for the long hub trucks yet. Incidentally, when HR first made hubs for the Kraton, people bought them for the short hub trucks too, not knowing there were 2 different hubs.

Bugger - although they're not advertised as for the 1/8 Kraton but for the 1/8 Karton....what is a Karton? haha
I guess I could make a small bush to go between - or maybe measure the gap and find a bearing that's exactly the right size.
Annoying either way!
Now I wonder if the front's are going to fit!
Interestingly there are actually 3 bearings inside this hub - not 2 like the stock setup.

Last edited:
Yeah, they're completely machined inside & out. I have the diff cases & hubs on my Siren. Even the carbon fiber is copied right. I ordered another 2 sets for my Mojave EXB & Senton. The entire setup tracks like it's on rails.

View attachment 219082
View attachment 219083View attachment 219084View attachment 219085
Im starting to wonder maybe why my exb sounds like a lawmower is because i have the v1 diff cup that has a lip. Seems odd that arrma would change the case design I hope i didnt order new gears for nothing. I keep seing the new diff cups without a lip on the other steel half
6848A0C9-E239-46EC-9625-E1BF5081D8B0.jpeg

762C8075-52E0-4144-A0E2-D3DD49ECF0C8.png

Alright update - the front steering blocks are also wrong - guess they're not for the 1/8 Kraton as advertised!

Now I don't want to try the diff casings haha

View attachment 222688
View attachment 222687
Advertising means nothing to these guys, they're just trying to sell stuff. There's always been 2 different hubs. But the front hubs you bought looks weird, like they were made wrong. They might of came from the same seller but they're definitely not HR & I wouldn't trust a design that wasn't copied. There are tons of garbage parts on ebay & ali made just good enough to get your money. Axles & CVDs are another big one. ALL the cheap ones are junk, way worse than the stock parts.

Here are the actual HR front hubs:
20220610_040440.jpg

20220610_040407.jpg

Advertising means nothing to these guys, they're just trying to sell stuff. There's always been 2 different hubs. But the front hubs you bought looks weird, like they were made wrong. They might of came from the same seller but they're definitely not HR & I wouldn't trust a design that wasn't copied. There are tons of garbage parts on ebay & ali made just good enough to get your money. Axles & CVDs are another big one. ALL the cheap ones are junk, way worse than the stock parts.

Here are the actual HR front hubs:
View attachment 222705
View attachment 222706
What shims/washers are you using between the hub and hex? I have the hot racing hubs also, the gap annoys me and allows fishing line to get in, which is a constant pain at my lake park.

What shims/washers are you using between the hub and hex? I have the hot racing hubs also, the gap annoys me and allows fishing line to get in, which is a constant pain at my lake park.
They aren't shims, they're 2 m8 washers on each axle. I'm using the team Corally hexes since the Arrma hexes strip the wheels.

Well I put the rear diff casing on and it fits perfect. I had to shim the diff but that's a much better outcome than it being too tight.

I am waiting to hear back from AliExpress seller regarding the front and rear hubs being wrong.

Well I put the rear diff casing on and it fits perfect. I had to shim the diff but that's a much better outcome than it being too tight.

I am waiting to hear back from AliExpress seller regarding the front and rear hubs being wrong.
Did the bearing that came with the bulk head work fine for you?

Have you swapped out the standard hinge pin system for M2C? as this will cost less than 2 complete bulk heads and also solve most of your problems if not all??!!!!!!

Last edited:
Have you swapped out the standard hinge pin system for M2C? as this will cost less than 2 complete bulk heads and also solve most of your problems if not all??!!!!!!

Who are you responding to?
If it's me, my problem with the stock plastic diff/gearbox casings was the lower 4 screws that attach it to the chassis would strip or break the plastic case.

Who are you responding to?
If it's me, my problem with the stock plastic diff/gearbox casings was the lower 4 screws that attach it to the chassis would strip or break the plastic case.
If you started the thread then yes. but I don't know how your continuously doing it? are you putting screws in by hand? your not over tightening or anything like that or lots of tail landings. I said M2C as it spreads the load around the 4 bolts making them all work as 1. the standard set up can lead to only 1 screw absorbing the impact. Also adding the M2C tower brace helps too because as u land the chassis flexes and the bulk head wants to lift up but by adding that it helps pin it down

?? the m2c hinge pin kit is like 70$, you can get 2x bulkheads for 50$. I do think the m2c kit is nice though. I got it on my talion but 70$ a rig kind of steep. Will eventually get them for all my bashers though.

?? the m2c hinge pin kit is like 70$, you can get 2x bulkheads for 50$. I do think the m2c kit is nice though. I got it on my talion but 70$ a rig kind of steep. Will eventually get them for all my bashers though.
thought someone said 170 for 2 HR or vitavon or maybe as I was flicking through threads ive mistakenly mixed 2 threads together. my point was if it was 170 and. hinge pin systems for 130 then you save 50

thought someone said 170 for 2 HR or vitavon or maybe as I was flicking through threads ive mistakenly mixed 2 threads together. my point was if it was 170 and. hinge pin systems for 130 then you save 50
Yea, this thread was about the gearboxees on aliexpress which might be a copy of the HR ones. They're only like 23$ for the whole gearbox.

Isn't the M2C hinge pin kit just some rods with thread on the end? Could just use some long bolts?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256803480996106.html first review has dropped and it doesn't look good. Anyone else try these and can confirm?
The guy who wrote that review is actually on the forums. There is another thread around here where he posted about it too. I ordered 8 of them but from a different seller

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256803346440266.html?spm=a2g0o.new_account_index.0.0.9bae25b93IvROd

The reviews for the one I ordered are good. Some russian guy left a review saying something about he bent his shock towers and the bulkhead was still good. he also posted pictures of a Talion shock tower attached to the bulkhead. I dunno if they're different from the other sellers bulkheads or if the guy who left review just got really unlucky with quality control.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back