All Electric Ford F150 Lightning Reveal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Duke

Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s

FE385B7B-E1BB-445F-BB4F-431F322565E1.jpeg
3711DCA5-F0D6-4EB3-805D-6B833310B81F.jpeg

https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/2022/

Man I’m so torn about the naming. On one hand it couldn’t be more fitting. On the other, it’s nothing like the old Lightnings.
My Dad has a low miles pristine ‘01 that he’s held onto since new and it’s been an awesome truck to take out on nice Sunday drives. Even pulls a couple jet skis to the lake every once n awhile.

Been putting off buying a new DD truck to see what this truck was all about and I think I’m sold

edit: sorry @WoodiE but I couldn’t pull the trigger on that new Z71 without seeing if this truck was worth waiting for.

Last edited:
No GIF
. Just another reason for dodge owners to laugh at us for. Bet you this one actually has the hand warmers. At least I hope cuz up here in canada we hit minus 40 on average during winter so it's gunna suck pushing that thing home when she dies on ya. 20 years waiting and they poop this crap out, I was hoping for something to compete with the 707hp trx and fit the old lightning style.

My Dad has a low miles pristine ‘01 that he held onto since new and it been an awesome truck to take out on nice Sunday drives. Even pulls a couple jet skis to the lake every once and awhile.

Been putting off buying a new DD truck to see what this truck was all about and I think I’m sold
Oh no way. That’s awesome! I love that generation. The blower sounds amazing.

I don’t think you can go wrong with this one. Looks really nice.

Although it would be cool to see the lunatics that did the custom supped up mach e do a custom version of this truck with stupid torque to shred tires. But other than that it's a coffee getter at this point until the batteries get better.

Needs the big fenders like the old lightning though just looks like an f-150.
I think from a looks perspective yes, the flare side bed has a much more aggressive and sportier look.

That name I’m kinda “meh” about considering the previous generation Lightnings were Fords top tier Performance trucks, but I get the “all electronic” and “Lightning” evolution and naming reference from a marketing perspective.

Ok, I just looked at all the features (I’m sure I missed a ton, there are so many). I would have killed for that home power feature. We went 3 days without power or heat when it got down to -4 here in Texas this year.

I’ll take diesel with a tuner please..
I’ll keep my diesels for pulling heavy equipment and horses but I like the idea of having this much mobile electrical power as an option as well. I think it would come in handy around the farm and be a good daily for running errands around town.

I like it, looks like any other F150, but think Ford could of came up with a different name. I mean the original Lightning is a iconic vechicle and should stay that way.

I had a single cab flare side '97 4x4 slung low on wide Pirellis. It was either 4x4 or supercharged Lightning, I went for the 4x4. What I really liked about those two trucks was how compact and light they were. To see them put the Lightning name on such a heavy pig with a plain face is a little sad, but these days a manufacturer can't sell a pickup truck without making it 24 feet long. I do appreciate Ford's commitment to electric vehicles, they saw the writing on the wall and decided to get their slice of the pie while they can. I think the next five to ten years will change a lot of attitudes out there about what is feasible to drive daily, and what only gets taken out of the garage on the weekends.

Edit: I wonder how many deaths will be caused by drivers f%*#ing with that giant touchscreen in the middle of the dash. Can you see where you change the station or turn on the AC? It's probably buried in a menu or something.

Man I’m so torn about the naming. On one hand it couldn’t be more fitting. On the other, it’s nothing like the old Lightnings.
Same with the mach-e.
Shouldn't electric trucks be the best thing possible for (short distance) heavy towing?

The only downside is range, but on heavy vehicles like pick ups, battery weight shouldn't matter, so they can be bigger

Does it come with the option to sound like a real truck or do u need to buy a pricey add on to make it rumble? Is this gonna tarnish the lightning legend, like the way the mustang went with the
E-Mach?

1: hopefully no. I don't like fake car sounds. Electric cars can sound great (taycan)

2: maybe, but you can always ignore the car. I haven't seen a single mach E, and nobody talks about it, while the real mustang is still cool.

If you want performance, Why does +700tq bother you? Mid 4-second 0-60? (with work truck tires) Yes ,this is a 'Non-Performance" truck, but I bet just adding stickier tires would get it close to the TRX times.

Or, get a 2wd regular cab 2.7 Ecoboost. Spend the $40k you saved over a TRX on a tune and a few mods, and you will have a truck faster than any off the lot v8 hot rod.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back