Electric scooter up in flames! 😳

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammer Down

I am serious, and don’t call me Shirley! 🙃
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Infraction 4x4
Went to pickup my brother-in-law and his neighbors scooter had just burst into flames on the street. Quite the smoke show as I was pulling up, thought maybe they were lighting off the rest of the fireworks.. Nope, it was a scooter. Good thing it wasn’t in their garage!! 😳
Kept flaming back up and shooting fireballs about 15’ in the air.

I took a short vid.

I saw a video the other day where a dude just bought a 6K electric bike and it went up in flames 2 miles into his first ride. Complete loss. He couldn't figure how to get the battery out before it actually caught on fire. I guess he hadn't familiarized himself with the bike yet. I'll see if I can find it..
Here it is..around 9 min is where it starts.

Last edited:
Went to pickup my brother-in-law and his neighbors scooter had just burst into flames on the street. Quite the smoke show as I was pulling up, thought maybe they were lighting off the rest of the fireworks.. Nope, it was a scooter. Good thing it wasn’t in their garage!! 😳

I took a short vid.
Incredible song choice. firework by Katie Perry would have also been funny. Hopefully he can get it warrantied.

I saw a video the other day where a dude just bought a 6K electric bike and it went up in flames 2 miles into his first ride. Complete loss. He couldn't figure how to get the battery out before it actually caught on fire. I guess he hadn't familiarized himself with the bike yet. I'll see if I can find it..
Here it is..around 9 min is where it starts.

That was wild! I’m starting to wonder if it’s the deceleration making a generator out of the motor and cooking the esc causing it all to go up in flames..?

Incredible song choice. firework by Katie Perry would have also been funny. Hopefully he can get it warrantied.
I think it was a homemade jobber.. So probably not under warranty. 🤷‍♂️

What about this and what ESC????

Screenshot_20230713-185345.png
Screenshot_20230713-185511.png

Scary stuff! I have 2 E bikes in my garage. Makes me a little paranoid! :rolleyes:

Keep a couple of 50lb bags of play sand near by..
Just to be on the safe side.

I took a short vid.
Was it a Roman scooter? 🤣

It has definitely become a more common thing for these to go up in flames, video's popping up quite often.. one thing I do notice with most of these videos is alot of user / builder error..

putting ridiculous amounts of amps to the batteries trying to fast charge them.. really not paying attention to the cell manufacturer and acceptable charge rates..

Maxing out esc's, this I see all the time, out on the trail and even direct from some bike builder's.. for instance, bafang bbshd 48v esc's max out at 30 amp cont., they are factory set at 28 amps.. dang near the ragged edge of meltdown.. there is no head room, but yet people take it upon Thier selves to jump right in the programmer and pop them right up to 30 amps...

Also I'd like to mention, I'm not talking bad about bafang, because they are quite good ( I personally own a mid drive setup)

Not only that but, over volt.. I see this all the time as well.. running 48 or even 52 volts on a motor designed for 36.. or a 48 volt system on 72v.. recipe for disaster.. hell yeah it's fast, but it's also a campfire waiting to happen.. now a 48v system on 52 volts, yeah no problem.. it's the equivalent of running HV packs in a rc car, most decent esc's will take that ..

It's terrible more people don't research and understand what they are doing... unfortunately it's the world we live in, and let's face it, pretty much everyone likes faster stuff..🤪

They have these new marshmallows with a chocolate center already installed. You should keep a few bags readily available for future sh!t shows. (y):cool:

View attachment 311233
I've never seen those before 😂 genius! Just did s'mores last weekend with my gf's g babies

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back