All Electric Ford F150 Lightning Reveal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put Chevy / Ram / Ford aside of who ever these electric trucks are made by , my questions and concerns would be ...... where are these charging stations / how many readily available / how long to charge on a trip when you need to stop ? Stopping for gas takes about 5 min or so .
Now as far as this truck , I am amazed that it comes in under $40k to start !!!! For me , I am old school , don't think I'll ever get an electric car or truck , want to hear an engine . Ugh , can't stand seeing a hood open and NOT having an engine there , but a " frunk " , new term they said !!!
Then there is how long does the battery last , how much to replace , how environmentally friendly is this going to be with forecasted millions of electric cars and trucks needing of battery disposal ???? Just like solar panels I was understood of having a 20 year lifespan .
I am no expert , so would love to hear real facts of the info I mentioned .

BTW , I'll take 1 Ram TRX please in black !!!!

It's always good to not assume everything, but stay critical. I think battery disposal isn't really eco friendly yet, though I don't know for sure

I think it looks pretty good and the naming seems like the logical evolution. I would have liked to see another big v-8 supercharger, but I think those days are over.
I do wish the screen in the truck was bigger though :ROFLMAO:
Not over for Dodge...still putting the Hellcat motor in anything with a hood. :ROFLMAO:

I'm with the rest of the 2001 Lightening lovers. This looks like a regular F-150. Nothing wrong with that, but when I hear Ford Lightening I think sport truck. Hope there's a an SVT version that's lowered, ground effects, sport suspension, and sweet wheels.

I'm with the rest of the 2001 Lightening lovers. This looks like a regular F-150. Nothing wrong with that, but when I hear Ford Lightening I think sport truck. Hope there's a an SVT version that's lowered, ground effects, sport suspension, and sweet wheels.
svt isn't a thing anymore. That's why the raptor dropped the svt badge.

Not over for Dodge...still putting the Hellcat motor in anything with a hood. :ROFLMAO:
That is true.... at least for now. The govt is pushing for higher fuel economy etc.
We will be seeing smaller motors with turbos and more electric vehicles in the next few years.

My friend has a Mustang with the turbo 4 cylinder and its actually pretty impressive. 350 tq from 3k rpm till redline ends up performing much better than many v8s on the market.

That is true.... at least for now. The govt is pushing for higher fuel economy etc.
We will be seeing smaller motors with turbos and more electric vehicles in the next few years.

My friend has a Mustang with the turbo 4 cylinder and its actually pretty impressive. 350 tq from 3k rpm till redline ends up performing much better than many v8s on the market.
And is probably a few hundred pounds lighter too.

I'm just a sucker for displacement....I'll keep driving my 488 ci motor as long as I can. :ROFLMAO:

I'm just a sucker for displacement....I'll keep driving my 488 ci motor as long as I can. :ROFLMAO:
Absolutely, I want a Gen 4 Viper (because they are semi-affordable) or I'd settle for a C6 Z06 or C7.
If we sell our home in Texas and move to a lower cost home in the boonies as planned in 5 years that's my vehicle goal (y)

I drove a McLaren 570s at motorsports ranch and was really annoyed with the turbo lag coming out of tight turns. You cant beat instant power from big cubic inch motors.

Absolutely, I want a Gen 4 Viper (because they are semi-affordable) or I'd settle for a C6 Z06 or C7.
If we sell our home in Texas and move to a lower cost home in the boonies as planned in 5 years that's my vehicle goal (y)

I drove a McLaren 570s at motorsports ranch and was really annoyed with the turbo lag coming out of tight turns. You cant beat instant power from big cubic inch motors.
Gen 4 is one of the best options, actually, for power and reliability. Don't wait too long...prices are going nuts right now, and I don't see them experiencing any drastic drops since they are so limited in production numbers and only going down by the day (accidents). A concours 96 GTS just sold for $160k last week at auction. Haggerty recently had a live stream about Viper values, and it looks great (for current owners). Been a steady climb ever since the plant shut down in 2017, and even more fierce with the current market. From 2017 to 2019 I already had about 30% appreciation, now it's closer to 50%! Lots of people on the buy/sell pages are getting really bitter as the car is rapidly escaping their budget. They make their presence known by throwing a fit and bad-mouthing the platform. Very strange.

Gen 4 is one of the best options, actually, for power and reliability. Don't wait too long...prices are going nuts right now, and I don't see them experiencing any drastic drops since they are so limited in production numbers and only going down by the day (accidents). A concours 96 GTS just sold for $160k last week at auction. Haggerty recently had a live stream about Viper values, and it looks great (for current owners). Been a steady climb ever since the plant shut down in 2017, and even more fierce with the current market. From 2017 to 2019 I already had about 30% appreciation, now it's closer to 50%! Lots of people on the buy/sell pages are getting really bitter as the car is rapidly escaping their budget. They make their presence known by throwing a fit and bad-mouthing the platform. Very strange.
I should just sell my house and buy a used ACR. It would likely appreciate faster but I wouldn’t have anywhere to park it 🤣

I prefer Westin Champlin's smokestang
Don’t know that one, YouTube here I come 🤘🏻🤘🏻

No replacement for displacement 🤘🏻🤘🏻

If it needs a turbo charger it needs more pistons ;).... kidding. Would love to see what he'd get in the quarter mile.

Wonder if they fixed the overheating tailgates.
0799E2F9-B1A6-4D92-84EF-E26FC49A246B.jpeg
5B43E324-F4C1-48A3-B528-6F85DA0A3890.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back