Another Boeing airplane Malfunction // Door Plug flew off during flight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This poop is scary! I also had my first ever canceled flight because of this Boeing max 9 fiasco. I guess I had to get my cherry popped at some point šŸ¤£
Easy there chief, no need to rush! :LOL:

"May the good Lord take a lightning to you, but not too soon!" -- Fenderbaum (The Cannonball Run, 1981)

"May the good Lord take a lightning to you, but not too soon!" -- Fenderbaum (The Cannonball Run, 1981)

Close.... the quote is actually "May the good lord take a liking to you, but not too soon!"

Great movie, great cast. :)

Close.... the quote is actually "May the good lord take a liking to you, but not too soon!"

Great movie, great cast. :)
I appreciate the correction! lol...I always thought that was an odd thing for a catholic father priest to say (a black one no less that wore a star of David around his neck but that only made it that much funnier to me). While liking would make more sense, I'm going to stick with my misheard lighting edition. :LOL:

You ain't lyin' man. Star studded cast, that movie was The Deplorables of its day, when movies were still worth watching...or whatever the name of the movie this meme was based on was called. From Farrah Fawcett to Dean Martin to Telly Savalas, they had them all. And Jack Elam as the Doc was comedy gold.
1705762423583.png

I appreciate the correction! lol...I always thought that was an odd thing for a catholic father priest to say (a black one no less that wore a star of David around his neck but that only made it that much funnier to me)
The only thing left to make it perfect would have been a black catholic gay priest wearing a Star of David.
That said, Sammy Davis Jr. was totally mint in that movie. So was Jack Elam! ā€œI seldom need more than thisā€¦ā€ šŸ˜‚

The only thing left to make it perfect would have been a black catholic gay priest wearing a Star of David.
That said, Sammy Davis Jr. was totally mint in that movie. So was Jack Elam! ā€œI seldom need more than thisā€¦ā€ šŸ˜‚

Eh, Why not a Jewish priest? Sammy Davis was Jewish. I think the practice of excluding Jewish people from Catholic Churches is a bit anti-Semitic. šŸ˜

While being certain that we would begin to see a rising number of planes falling out of the sky in the coming years, I wasn't expecting them to "get right on it", just to prove my point. For anyone who thought I was being hyperbolic...for your viewing pleasure.

No, this plane did not literally fall out of the sky (this time) and I'd be willing to chalk this one up to coincidence in terms of temporal proximity to my post but, this isn't exactly allaying my growing unease with the current state of the airline industry and, moreover, where it is heading, with the arrival at the chosen destination becoming increasingly "optional" over time.

Edit: Gimme a sec...twitter vids are no longer being displayed correctly. Lemme upload this to my u2b channel. BRB.
https://x.com/ChuckCallesto/status/1748236371351781726?s=20
Epilogue: There we go, got it sorted.

Last edited:
While being certain that we would begin to see a rising number of planes falling out of the sky in the coming years, I wasn't expecting them to "get right on it", just to prove my point. For anyone who thought I was being hyperbolic...for your viewing pleasure.

No, this plane did not literally fall out of the sky (this time) and I'd be willing to chalk this one up to coincidence in terms of temporal proximity to my post but, this isn't exactly allaying my growing unease with the current state of the airline industry and, moreover, where it is heading, with the arrival at the chosen destination becoming increasingly "optional" over time.

Edit: Gimme a sec...twitter vids are no longer being displayed correctly. Lemme upload this to my u2b channel. BRB.
https://x.com/ChuckCallesto/status/1748236371351781726?s=20
Epilogue: There we go, got it sorted.
They said they found a softball size hole in that engine. Which size softball is still a mystery.

Ever look at some of the people in charge of it all today?

I was really hoping not to see the fall of rome part 2 in my lifetime. I think people just have too much spare time on their hands, and don't know what it is like to work to survive. Too much middle and upper management.

Last edited:
They said they found a softball size hole in that engine. Which size softball is still a mystery.

Ever look at some of the people in charge of it all today?

Yeah. Was it a male or female sized softball?

I have had the misfortune, yes (though I'm glad to know there's a mental case at the helm of United and can make the well informed decision never to fly with them again.

Please double check the 737-900ER door plugs too...

Many MORE Loose or Missing bolts found...

Okay.
So some more insight on the quality control issues with the Boeing door plugs..

Apparently, Boeing and Spirit Aerospace are using two Separate ERP systems ( CMES for Boeing and SAT for Spirit) ,And those two systems doesn't/can't sync with each other...
So several changes or alterations on the fuselage - that's requested by their end customers (Alaskan Airlines, United, etc etc.) are not properly followed up with (to even know that pieces are missing or need extra inspections) once the fuselage arrives at Boeing for final assembly.

Okay.
So some more insight on the quality control issues with the Boeing door plugs..

Apparently, Boeing and Spirit Aerospace are using two Separate ERP systems ( CMES for Boeing and SAT for Spirit) ,And those two systems doesn't/can't sync with each other...
So several changes or alterations on the fuselage - that's requested by their end customers (Alaskan Airlines, United, etc etc.) are not properly followed up with (to even know that pieces are missing or need extra inspections) once the fuselage arrives at Boeing for final assembly.

Good God...they should all be nuked from orbit for allowing a situation like this to even exist. At best, this is gross negligence. To my mind this is incompetence beyond good & evil. I don't even care if it's deliberate or acci/incidental, neither is excusable. In my ideal world, they would all be hung in the town square, simulcast on all major networks and streaming platforms. It's time we Make Consequences Great Again.

Back