Another new Losi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New one seems to sit alot higher compared to the old. doesn't look quite right.
But i love the idea of ifs/trailing arm. Obviously not the way to go for peak performance, but the scale look, and the way they swing around a corner just looks sooo cool!
I’d add and optional sand whoop section to my track if i had one!
Thats maybe whats wrong with it. Looked very funny

I'm starting to feel like Arrma has just thrown in the towel :( Losi is killing it with all the new releases. Of course we may not all "like" some of these new Losi releases, but at least they're giving their customers options.

I'm starting to feel like Arrma has just thrown in the towel :( Losi is killing it with all the new releases. Of course we may not all "like" some of these new Losi releases, but at least they're giving their customers options.
Not really “New”, mostly the same with a few tweaks and a new body.

The RZR was new (although not my cup of tea, but there are some out there that liked it), and the Promoto is new (once again, some may or may not like it). And yes the Baja Rey 2.0 is an updated & tweaked version the Baja Rey. But when's the last time Arrma gave us any new vehicles at all? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there last new release was the FT, and even that borrowed an already existing chassis. Losi has introduced two totally new vehicles in the first half of this year alone. And whether you love or hate the Promoto, the engineering and design put into that thing is pretty impressive for what it is. Two new vehicle releases, and a new upgraded version of an existing truck seems pretty darn good compared to what Arrma has been doing. I think the only thing we got from Arrma this year was the Limitless V2 and those silly Boost rigs.

Looks like that's actually the length. It does say it under width though.
Nope, the length is 24.9"
Screenshot_20230713-121557.png

Ok , what am I missing that is different from the previous one ?
Based on what I gathered from the RCDriver review, dual shocks/springs in the front, higher ride height, wider stance, two spares instead of one, easier to remove to remove the cage for wrenching, new body panels, orange LED lights in the grille. I'm sure others will chime in on anything else I left out.

The "easier"to remove cage would be nice I bet..but, the blasted body spacers!? I can see those getting lost in my dumpster, I mean garage..LOL.
Losi is nailing it aesthetically though for sure. I'm even starting to enjoy the Lasernut my bro gifted me last year.. likely cuz I didn't pay for it though🤔🤷‍♂️
It does drive really well, I put Sledgehammer 2.8"s and a 15t pinion on it. 4s, she scoots pretty good..just don't hit anything cuz it's rather fragile.

Just watched RCdriver , front diff access is changed for ease , rear diff is a diff not locked , so there is quite a bit new and improved for it . The RC Sailors did a speed test , on 3s 53 mph ! At $529 , I don't think that's to bad . Again , not a basher to go "send" it , but enjoy the scale looks and driving .

Just watched RCdriver , front diff access is changed for ease , rear diff is a diff not locked , so there is quite a bit new and improved for it . The RC Sailors did a speed test , on 3s 53 mph ! At $529 , I don't think that's to bad . Again , not a basher to go "send" it , but enjoy the scale looks and driving .
Interestingly enough, even with the rear diff setup this thing likes to rollover. That's also the biggest issue with the UDR. I understand the scale looks & driving experience, but all that rolling over is a major buzz killer. Overall I think it looks awesome, and it allllmost could've given the Mojave major competition.

Interestingly enough, even with the rear diff setup this thing likes to rollover. That's also the biggest issue with the UDR. I understand the scale looks & driving experience, but all that rolling over is a major buzz killer. Overall I think it looks awesome, and it allllmost could've given the Mojave major competition.
Eh you just gotta gun it and kick the tail out. Thick diff fluid in the rear.

It’s a different driving style but it’s fun once you master it. And the rollovers reduce drastically.

Eh you just gotta gun it and kick the tail out. Thick diff fluid in the rear.

It’s a different driving style but it’s fun once you master it. And the rollovers reduce drastically.
I can definitely see the fun factor potential there. I know one thing for sure, I'd take this over an UDR any day.

The trick with rollovers is you need to roll it over enough so it lands back on its wheels 😉

I can't stop looking at the black one. Providing when these get into the hands of the great unwashed and not a handful of influencers they are good I think I'll buy one.

Unless they release a new SBR, then I'd be really tempted

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back