Antenna, hole.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seaneboy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I'm putting my new limitless together and I'm wondering if I need to drill a hole for the antenna in the body I'm thinking I probably do but would rather not. Using sr6100at receiver.

Oh wow , cool thanks I was about to make a hole.
Having it stick straight up off the car will obviously give it more range, but in practice I've found that's way further away than I've ever let the car go. I've run my typhon antenna under the body for years and never lost signal. Be sure not to kink the antenna, its a coax cable and relatively fragile. The stripped end of it has a bunch of math about how much is exposed, don't mess with it.

Drill the damned hole and stick the antenna through it. You’ll get more range and will keep it away from motor and ESC wires and any carbon fiber you might have under there, eliminating the possibility of interference and/or range limiting problems.

Drill the damned hole and stick the antenna through it. You’ll get more range and will keep it away from motor and ESC wires and any carbon fiber you might have under there, eliminating the possibility of interference and/or range limiting problems.
I totally agree.. antenna is meant to be stuck straight up out of the cover if possible..like you said better range and less likely of interference.... beside , I think antenna's sticking out just looks cooler ..just my opinion 🤷

I totally agree.. antenna is meant to be stuck straight up out of the cover if possible..like you said better range and less likely of interference.... beside , I think antenna's sticking out just looks cooler ..just my opinion 🤷
Me too. I dated this chick in college that had two antennae sticking up and it was such a turn on. Her tail was too. I don’t know if it was a costume or what, my memory is a little foggy, but daaaaaang…

Me too. I dated this chick in college that had two antennae sticking up and it was such a turn on. Her tail was too. I don’t know if it was a costume or what, my memory is a little foggy, but daaaaaang…

You mean like this...
Shall GIF

200.gif

Lol I'm still undecided, drilling a hole definitely makes more sense and is definitely old school but who really makes sense these days . I'll probably wait till I lose control due to lack of range then I'll cry like a little female dog then drill a hole.

Lol I'm still undecided, drilling a hole definitely makes more sense and is definitely old school but who really makes sense these days . I'll probably wait till I lose control due to lack of range then I'll cry like a little female dog then drill a hole.
Sounds like you made up your mind. One of the good things about no hole is no damage to the antenna when you flip it over.

Last edited:
Back