any real world benefit to one battery vs two?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerseydrew

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
i know technically on paper there is less resistance running a single battery vs a pair. but aside from that are there any other benefits or cons to running a single battery vs a pair of batteries in series?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, outside of the hump pack racing designs like kyosho mp10e dual battery designs are just for accessibility (so the LHS has something to sell you instead of carrying a whole line of niche 6s or 8s batteries)

Dual batteries take up more space, weigh more , have higher resistance, cost more. Have higher CG.

There are no real benefit outside of the MP10e that uses the hump pack design for perfect 50/50 weight distribution and low cg superior handling.

When I converted my dual battery Talion to single battery I saved about 50gr of weight which is like 2oz. That's equivalent to about $300 in carbon fiber/titanium upgrades.

As for the pros: You can either double your voltage by running two packs in series (more power) or double your capacity by running two packs in parallel (more run time & less voltage sag, though the latter is really only relevant to speed runners).

You can of course get a battery of twice the single size, but in the case of a bad wreck that destroys the battery it's all gone. With two smaller packs you have an increased statistical chance that maybe at least one of them will survive.

The cons I think have already been mentioned by those who came before me.

In theory they should be the same as long as you have same discharge rates and capacities.

In theory they should be the same as long as you have same discharge rates and capacities.
In theory yes. In the real world...not so much. The discharge rates you find printed on packs very often have little to do with what the battery can actually deliver. If you delve a bit in the whole C-rate topic, you'll find that there is no industry standard of determining C-rates and everyone just kind of does their own thing. At some point in the past some manufacturer just put a fictitious higher discharge rate on their cells to boost sales and before too long, (almost) everyone else just started following suit. In some cases there are vast, gaping chasms between what it says on the tin and what is actually inside.

What a coincidence, I think she went to my high school too :LOL:
I think all high schools had at least one. Otherwise male attendance suffers greatly🙃

I think all high schools had at least one. Otherwise male attendance suffers greatly🙃
You make a fair point. Is that why they post the name of the homecoming queen on big banners outside of the school?

Last edited:
Less wires, less weight, less hassle charging/carrying, less lipos, less ejections, less chance of them moving around in the tray. Less cost usually.

My high school's gaping chasm came to school in a lingerie twice already. She doesn't really get much attention, though.
So you’re saying nothings changed in 32 years 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back