Big Rock Any trick on installing Hot Racing pivot ball set?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
I've been trying to fit the pivot ball set into my BR for about a hour and the HR pivot ball seem larger than stock. Any trick into getting them to fit? Especially where it attaches by the diff set. Thanks

IMG_1182.JPG

IMG_1181.JPG

If you are referring to the HR "alloy" balls... maybe they are not a correct fit , wrong size??:unsure: They should simply pop in no issue if they ARE correct. And If too tight when they do pop in, they will bind up the steering which is a fail.(n)
Many prefer steel balls over Alloy ones. FWIW. Some even just stay with the stocker plastic balls. If the stocker plastic ones are a problem with slop for you, you can place strips of Teflon Tape in the ends and pop the balls back in. I do this with sloppy balls/ends on some of my rigs. Especially as they wear. The HR alloy ones wear out quick , as some stated. Upgrades are not always Plug and Play. HR can be a mixed bag at times.
It really should not be much of an issue to pop them in if they are the correct ones, machined to proper dimensions. ( Diameter)
:cool:
Edit:
I use a Tekno Shock multi-tool to remove and install balls into ends. Makes it much easier and faster. Not sure how you are doing yours.:unsure:

Last edited:
They work just real tight.

They are Too wide..... I would file down the Flanges better for a proper fit, If too tight, Forcing it in, the plastic will stress.
Just me.
I see your problem better now.:giggle:

They are tight at first but will loosen up with time. I have them on four 3S vehicles and the 2 4S vehicles.

I was think of changing mines on some of my vehicles soon.

They can be a really tight fit. A little lube like WD-40 will help (someone on this forum suggested spit, it works too :LOL: ). And yeah, you have to put them in really straight, and use force while keeping them straight. Some people file down the plastic to help them fit, I've managed to get them in without filing down.

I just used blunt nose pliers. I used one arm of the plier to grip the ti-rod end and squeeze the pivot ball in with the other plier arm. After you get one it will be simple. good luck 🍀

Mine were very tight. Had to go in perfectly straight. I took a small file and angled the plastic mount just a little to help guide it in.
I would not shave/trim that plastic Double Shear mount at the tower, or force it in place. I would file the side flanges on the balls to make it fit there . You are putting on an after market part that is a tad bit too wide. Why mod the chassis to accommodate the part. Should be the other way a round. IMHO.

I've been trying to fit the pivot ball set into my BR for about a hour and the HR pivot ball seem larger than stock. Any trick into getting them to fit? Especially where it attaches by the diff set. Thanks

View attachment 209653

View attachment 209654
What is the difference between the ones in the top of the hot racing bag compared to the bottom section? Is the top just smaller ones?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back