Anybody have experience with this battery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks decent enough! I have a few different batteries for my 6s kraton exb I have a couple Zeee’s, and a couple 3s Ovonics that wor just fine with similar ratings as the one you got! You should be good with it
I’ve heard a lot of good about gensacearespammers, so I thought I’d try one. Neat features with the LED light and auto storage.
Why does that companies name come up like that??? Weird.

I’ve heard a lot of good about gensacearespammers, so I thought I’d try one. Neat features with the LED light and auto storage.
Why does that companies name come up like that??? Weird.
I think gensacearespammers used to advertise on here without permission, hence the Forum has a filter that converts “Gens @ce” to gensacearespammers ( using @ as a ).

https://www.amainhobbies.com/gens-a...ery-100c-22.8v-6800mah-gea68006s10e5/p1422767

I just ordered this for my Kraton. I normally run dual 3s Hoovo batteries, but I thought it might be nice to try a single 6s. What’s the consensus on these, did I screw up?
I use and prefer single 6s bricks probably 99% of the time.. I feel they are better and easier to handle and install. Less chance for them to eject with impacts, and somewhat lighter overall with less wires. Which can add a liability when bashing hard. Needing to charge just one 6s lipo at the charger is easier.. But honestly, performance wise does not matter. Still adds up to 6s cells no matter how you slice it, if running 2 x 3s's. Just always charge them in pairs, so the cells are used simultaneously and will stay better matched as Lipo pairs. Cycling them each the same as a pair.
Many guys have 3s rigs and Lipos already. So they also use them in pairs for 6s rigs.
Buy a 6s brick, next time around.
:cool:

Last edited:
I was looking at those and they take more voltage then your standard lipo. For this reason I decided to just use a regular 22.2 volt 6s as I know its compatible with my setup.

Have many "Ace of Gens" here. Some are my oldest Lipos and still perform better than my other newer ones.
Might be too high of voltage depending on what electronics you're running. As far as I understand the battery chemistry.
Yeah many RTR ESC's can't differentiate the extra .13v per cell voltage and might not Initialize, seeing an Over Volt condition. You can always just charge the HV lipo to regular standard lipo volts. (4.2v/Cell) However, you are just wasting your money on a HV pack. They are charged Full at 4.35v/cell. They obviously cost more being HV. They are not that popular IMHO.
Ace of Gens are Not cheap lipos. Great Cust service IMHO.
If you did not know you purchased a HV lipo pack, it was a mistake.

Last edited:
Have many "Ace of Gens" here. Some are my oldest Lipos and still perform better than my other newer ones.

Yeah many RTR ESC's can't differentiate the extra .13v per cell voltage and might not Initialize, seeing an Over Volt condition. You can always just charge the HV lipo to regular standard lipo volts. (4.2v/Cell) However, you are just wasting your money on a HV pack. They are charged Full at 4.35v/cell. They obviously cost more being HV. They are not that popular IMHO.
Ace of Gens are Not cheap lipos. Great Cust service IMHO.
If you did not know you purchased a HV lipo pack, was a mistake.
I knew I was getting one, just hoping my firma 150 won’t get angry with me. I guess I’ll have to wait and see. It arrives Saturday.

Man 1 of my 3s 8000 gensacearespammers now is out of balance,I did balance,balance charge and she's mess up,i.will bring it to my hobby shop tomorrow to see what they think but other batteries take more beating and are great 2 months into this one and this happens. 40 old man do is not the same running time than a young person so u make the decision

I found on average that many lipos for me don't last more than 50 or so cycles. They will still work well enough, but they start to peter out a bit. Any brand or capacity. In theory, Lipos are supposed to last much longer. RC use really pushes them with high performance setups. So Mfr claims are over rated IMHO.

I would place a call to Ace of Gens directly, and skip relying on the LHS for advice on them. Not much they can say......:unsure:
I thought their Cust service was fine.

@RcDad23, how many cycles do you have on yours? How old are they? What are the IR's of each cell when fully charged? How are you treating them?
Should not be sitting fully charged for more than a day on average. Lipos are best to run them after they are Full charged. And keep them at Storage volts ( 3.85/cell ideally) right after a run, for Storage. Otherwise yes, the cells get all unmatched. Unbalanced. IR's can increase for some of the cells and not others. No room for error when it comes to lipos. It is not mostly how the Lipos are run, and how hard you bash, it is the care and feeding that is most important. Do you use a cell checker???
Also, need to Re- Storage charge them every few months when sitting unused for long periods. Or they go un-balanced. Storage Voltage drops with time.

Last edited:
I bought the Mike 3 months ago and I run them twice or 3 times a month because I got more cars and lipos,bash hard not that because I'm on Massachusetts and is not spots like other people,parks?? Yea but not even whit my ramp is foe the lipo be completely out of balance

Update!!
Got the battery, charged it up on HV mode, and my Spektrum 150a took it like a champ! There is a very noticeable difference in power. No regrets!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back