Anybody with a TRX4m upgrade the esc yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Plugged the battery in after installing new shock mounts and heard a small poof, the led light faded out, and got the magic smoke. Anybody do an upgrade yet? I'd rather not spend over $100 for the Furitek setup. Replacement Traxxas is $50, the main reason I might get that is the receiver and plug ins for led lights are built in. So far the others seem to be a just an esc which means no lights and I'll need to add a receiver. Never dealt with micro receivers so not even sure what to look for.

I've considered getting the Spektrum esc that goes to the 1/18 Capra since its under $40, but want to see if there are other options. Would rather stay away from the $100 range.

Went ahead and bought a stock replacement from Hobbytown. Jenny's didn't have any in stock and couldn't find the Injora anywhere that wouldn't take 2 weeks+ to get it to me. Overall I haven't heard too many complaints about the stock esc so I'm hoping it was just bad luck. I do way more crawling this time of year than bashing, crawlers are less hassle in wet weather. Only have 2 crawlers, the TRX4 and TRX4m, so having one down for long sucks, lol.

My TRX with Castle ESC and motor, 2 light bars in front, side lighting, WARN winch, lockable front and rear diffs and 2 speed transmission.

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

Went ahead and bought a stock replacement from Hobbytown. Jenny's didn't have any in stock and couldn't find the Injora anywhere that wouldn't take 2 weeks+ to get it to me. Overall I haven't heard too many complaints about the stock esc so I'm hoping it was just bad luck. I do way more crawling this time of year than bashing, crawlers are less hassle in wet weather. Only have 2 crawlers, the TRX4 and TRX4m, so having one down for long sucks, lol.
The stock ESC is very well built IMO. I've run my 4m through gobs of mud and puddles that completely submerge the chassis. The thing just keeps going and doesn't complain.

The Injora is a great lil’ esc for the price, think i paid $17 for the 1 i put in my nephews 1/24… If you want plug-n-play Jennys would be the way to go

That was probably best for now. If you ordered the Injora, you'd need to buy a TX, receiver and battery. But, then you get away from their proprietary products.

Not sure where you are but they're faster than estimated. My buddy orders from Amazon and sometimes it's already in the states. Even quicker.
The Injora is a great lil’ esc for the price, think i paid $17 for the 1 i put in my nephews 1/24… If you want plug-n-play Jennys would be the way to go

Heard nothing but good things about them too. My buddy got the Tarantula frame for his trx4m as well. The only thing left was the stock transmission and electronics. Had a Dumbo he was going to use for a different project. Put that in with the Injora ESC. Works awesome.

Now he just ordered an aluminum transmission and brass skid plate. Those will go in the Tarantula. Then he can literally take all the parts and put his original back together for his daughters to play with. Talk about a roundabout way to get a second crawler. Lol.

or, you could put a 24th scale MiniZ brushless in there, would spin the wrong way tho.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back