Traxxas goes after the TRX4M aftermarket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just started listening while I'm working, something about receiving a cease and desist from Traxxas, his website being taken down by his hosting provider, potential copyright infringement. I'm 7 minutes in, his speech isn't very straightforward and doesn't pinpoint exactly what happened. May have had to been following all his content to see the progression of what occurred.

Too long for me to watch as well, but I guess the gist of it is on his Instagram post:

1680725328275.png

Somewhere in the original vid link posted, I believe he said Traxxas sent a C&D letter to Wix but they never made him aware of it...
I'm still watching the video, now 40 minutes in. That is what occurred. It appears to have been due to the URL itself of the actual webpage and not any actual content on the webpage.

I'm pretty sure Traxxas did a search of any URL's with "traxxas" in it and then asked all of the providers hosting those to take down those sites.

CCXRC admitted some of the wording on his website may have been better, which is why he was flagged. His web host is the one who did him in. Can't blame a company for defending their properties. I know, I know, Traxxas has an unsavory history in this dept. but in this case I can't fault them. Everybody just goes into lynch mob mode when they hear Traxxas and legal stuff.

I'm pretty sure Traxxas did a search of any URL's with "traxxas" in it and then asked all of the providers hosting those to take down those sites.
Listened halfway then i lost power. Yeah sounds pretty much what happened and something else on top
CCXRC admitted some of the wording on his website may have been better, which is why he was flagged. His web host is the one who did him in. Can't blame a company for defending their properties. I know, I know, Traxxas has an unsavory history in this dept. but in this case I can't fault them. Everybody just goes into lynch mob mode when they hear Traxxas and legal stuff.
Making aftermarket bushing for the traxxas trx 4 is a copyright infringement? I get the the argument but its always only traxxas doing this. They donr care about the rc community they care about profit and ruining the competition by legal means instead of superior product

Last edited:

I’m just not sure at which point it becomes a trademark violation - I buy Zeiss and Sigma lenses that are marketed for my Sony Camera, I buy a Strapcode bracelet marketed for my Seiko watch, I buy Otterbox cases marketed for my Apple iPhone…. None of these are purporting to be OE products and apparently he wasn’t trying to represent his products as Traxxas products. I think in his video he even says he changed the design of something so it wasn’t as close to the Traxxas product.

I also haven’t seen his page so I don’t know what was written but I also know m2c had to change their naming convention for probably the same reason and that seems absurd that you can’t market your products in that way, but IANAL :)

Traxxas is ... Well let's just note that if you mention Arrma, Losi, or any other "bad words" in their forum you get a strike. You can mention 3rd party vendors but only in the context of using them on their RCs.

There forums are a bit too much and that's why I stick with AF and RC Talk. Better people, more knowledge, less drama.

@WoodiE Thanks for being cool.

Wow Traxxas forum seems to be very invasive on your rights..one being freedom of speech .. understandable that yes certain things shouldn't be said like obscene language or political issues but for a forum to apply a rule that you can not talk about or mention another Rc brand name is rediculous..I have never been on a Traxxas forum nor will I ever .I only own one Traxxas a t Maxx and it's in my basement full of cobwebs where it belongs.. actually belongs in the dumpster.horrible peice of junk .maybey I'll clean it up and sell it to put that money into my Arrma addiction..so Glad this forum isn't like that.. honestly I've said it before and many have said it also..this forum is the best world wide ..gets no better .Arrma strong for life🤟😁👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back