Traxxas goes after the TRX4M aftermarket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What made me curious about this entire Traxxas cease and desist thing and JennysRC is it because of the name? I just assumed JRC would buy rc's in bulk from either a LHS or Traxxas themselves and just chopped them up and sold the parts as OEM. Did Traxxas have an issue with is and/or is this a violation of some sort?

In my opinion, at the end of the day it's just dirty tactics to just get a whole website taken down..!!
Traxxass should have contacted said business owners and told them to remove said product..
They are just being the RC bullys that they always seem to be, some of those business's have to support their families from their websites and now they have lost their entire income...
I'm not sure how much profit a small web site store can bring in but seems like a struggle to support a family plus living expenses and everything else that comes with life..I can see someone starting a small on line business to make some side money but for it to be your main income to support a family doesn't seem like it's a easy thing.. especially in the Rc world where there isn't a large community to support .and when there is a lot of compotition out there.just mind boggles me if you think you can support a family from this hobby..maybey if your the owner of a huge brand ok I can see that.i suggest those small bussinesses find a second source of income .doesn't seem stable..maybey that's why pretty much almost all my local hobby shops are closed down ..not enough customers to support there income needs.

In my opinion, at the end of the day it's just dirty tactics to just get a whole website taken down..!!
Traxxass should have contacted said business owners and told them to remove said product..
They are just being the RC bullys that they always seem to be, some of those business's have to support their families from their websites and now they have lost their entire income...
Traxxas doesn’t exist to
Me any more. Same should be for all of you!

Traxxas doesn’t exist to
Well I buy Arrma , Tamiya and wholly support Jenny's and all the hobby stores in Toronto, Ontario. However I was honestly admiring the newer Traxxas vehicles that obviously improved because of Arrmas 6s line. I figured Arrma will respond sometime in the future. This news of Traxxas going after kit breakers just erased any admiration I was starting to garner.

What made me curious about this entire Traxxas cease and desist thing and JennysRC is it because of the name? I just assumed JRC would buy rc's in bulk from either a LHS or Traxxas themselves and just chopped them up and sold the parts as OEM. Did Traxxas have an issue with is and/or is this a violation of some sort?
I don't know if Jenny's got permission or asked for permission to sell Traxxas parts as kits.if Traxxas did give permission to Jenny's then why is Jenny's also affected? I mean Jenny's has been selling Traxxas parts for many years now no? This is all a little to confusing for us because we don't know really what's behind the scenes.no one here really knows what's on Traxxas mind.And no one really knows why they did it the way they did.im sure Traxxas has a large set of lawyers that gave them direction on how to go about the way they did.

I don't know if Jenny's got permission or asked for permission to sell Traxxas parts as kits.if Traxxas did give permission to Jenny's then why is Jenny's also affected? I mean Jenny's has been selling Traxxas parts for many years now no? This is all a little to confusing for us because we don't know really what's behind the scenes.no one here really knows what's on Traxxas mind.And no one really knows why they did it the way they did.im sure Traxxas has a large set of lawyers that gave them direction on how to go about the way they did.
I believe when you buy somethings its you and you can do whatever you want with it. If i want to sell them as parts they have no authority because its my propriety.... but oh well apparently now you are owned by companies even after purchasing X product and ur reality do not own anything...

Yea i'm not entirely sure on how they are in the mix of all this if they don't sell aftermarket parts. Only thing I can think of is just the name of Tr____s which was on one of the main tabs which has been renamed to just TRA now haha.

Yea i'm not entirely sure on how they are in the mix of all this if they don't sell aftermarket parts. Only thing I can think of is just the name of Tr____s which was on one of the main tabs which has been renamed to just TRA now haha.
Did you just typed Tr___s because you think we can't say Traxxas here due to being banned lol? I don't think that this forum is anything like the Traxxas forum where they will ban you if you mention another brand ..ik this because I have a few friends that did get banned for that reason over there.i wouldn't worry about that here.this is the best brand and the best forum..your safe here😁👍

Good one, subtle too.

I believe when you buy somethings its you and you can do whatever you want with it. If i want to sell them as parts they have no authority because its my propriety.... but oh well apparently now you are owned by companies even after purchasing X product and ur reality do not own anything...
Personal private sales are not effected by this .unless you have a business.i have a few local hobby shops near by that I have no idea how they still in business because they are always dead and they don't advertise on the web but I'm sure if they sold a few parts and only the customers that walk in knew about it I think they would be ok.not every hobby shop does web sales.some haven't gotten that far yet.the smaller shops anyways.

Traxxas doesn’t exist to
Did you unload your Xmaxx's? I remember when you were upgrading them with the wide maxx kits..
I won't be selling the TRX rigs I have, too much of a loss for me..but, going forward, no more TRX for me or my bro.

I won't be selling the TRX rigs I have, too much of a loss for me..but, going forward, no more TRX for me or my bro.
I like the five Traxxas vehicles I own, and I'm not about to lose a lot of money selling mine because of the most recent Traxxas decision to go after the little guys. I stopped buying Traxxas vehicles before this crackdown, not because of their previous business practices, but because the price of their larger vehicles is much too high. I now have another reason to not buy Traxxas again.

I like the five Traxxas vehicles I own, and I'm not about to lose a lot of money selling mine because of the most recent Traxxas decision to go after the little guys. I stopped buying Traxxas vehicles before this crackdown, not because of their previous business practices, but because the price of their larger vehicles is much too high. I now have another reason to not buy Traxxas again.
Well said, I completely agree. TRX needs to check themselves..

I think out of all the previous years and my recent re-entry back into RC I've NEVER bought any TraXXXus rigs (other than a few turnbuckles to fix other RCs ...),even though they are right in my backyard..

Not sure why that is originally ,but glad I trusted my gut and stayed away from them.

I just don't see myself supporting a Company like that.
Who feels they are Entitled to throw their weight around to TOTALLY Squash small businesses's Online presence - just because they feel that their "name" was used to describe a few items on small businesses' websites.

Last edited:
It's really a shame, all this. Could have been easily avoided with some communication.

Obviously traxxas thinks differently, but you could make a strong argue that aftermarket support is what 1) keeps a product alive for years longer than normal, and 2) enriches the community with diversity of innovation and progress. Ironically, I have a feeling that killing aftermarket support will end up harming their sales of their own products in the long run. I think to PC gaming: it's the games that have open modding support that last well into the decade of main stream use. What if GTA V had banned or made it difficult for people make mods on the game. You think it would still be as big of a game as it still is? 10 years later?

It's really a shame, all this. Could have been easily avoided with some communication.

Obviously traxxas thinks differently, but you could make a strong argue that aftermarket support is what 1) keeps a product alive for years longer than normal, and 2) enriches the community with diversity of innovation and progress. Ironically, I have a feeling that killing aftermarket support will end up harming their sales of their own products in the long run. I think to PC gaming: it's the games that have open modding support that last well into the decade of main stream use. What if GTA V had banned or made it difficult for people make mods on the game. You think it would still be as big of a game as it still is? 10 years later?

Exactly.
Another example would be the original Half-Life PC game.. because the original developers (VALVe) openly encouraged and Supported aftermarket Mods, it has latest well Over 25+ years and counting.

Last edited:
I wonder if there is a chance of playing Traxxas at their own game.

For example I have their 2 flagship vehicles, the X-Maxx and the XRT. Both, out of the box are not fit for purpose. The monkey metal spur and pinion lasted less than 2 packs on both vehicles, Traxxas's own "machined" steel pinion is crazy soft so I had to resort to the aftermarket just to be able to use the $1000 trucks I bought.

My MERV VXL as well, not fit for purpose. Can not run it on 3s without it disassembling itself. Not fit for purpose.

Is there a legal case stateside for selling inferior products knowingly?

I wonder if there is a chance of playing Traxxas at their own game.

For example I have their 2 flagship vehicles, the X-Maxx and the XRT. Both, out of the box are not fit for purpose. The monkey metal spur and pinion lasted less than 2 packs on both vehicles, Traxxas's own "machined" steel pinion is crazy soft so I had to resort to the aftermarket just to be able to use the $1000 trucks I bought.

My MERV VXL as well, not fit for purpose. Can not run it on 3s without it disassembling itself. Not fit for purpose.

Is there a legal case stateside for selling inferior products knowingly?
I understand where you're coming from, while the Xmaxx's have held up well for my brother and I, the same can't be said of the Sludge..#notonepack!! Pure rubbish out of the box..driveshaft pins are the worst, falling out of every shaft on the thing? Weird, we've got more TRX rigs than I wanna admit, but never saw this from any of them.. TRX basically told him to pound salt.. I mean, yeah, they sent him one cvd after the original broke off at the outer ball end but man.. he's out an esc, steering servo (a given).. we think they switched vendors on the driveshafts..he's knees deep in M2C parts now, max6..probably nearing $1200 in a rig with say 6 packs through it? IDK if it's ever made a full pack.. regardless, we vote with our wallets, as the guy in the earlier linked video said. Not familiar with him.. I subbed just because he had the guts to call it how he sees it!!👊👍🍻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back