Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it just me...logic has it that using 6s with that plastic spur is NG. Does anyone know of any other brand 6S rig that uses a plastic spur gear?
4S may be more practical for this rig... for other reasons as well?? :cool:

6s is too much on any plastic spur gear. As batty as this thing is on 6s, it's geared as low as possible w/o making the spur larger. It really needs a steel spur. I can easily ruin all 3 spurs I just bought in seconds if I wanted to. I found some parts that may work but no one has them in stock.
I've been bugging Redcat about it but they have their hands full just getting shipments out of port. Who knows when we'll see actual upgrades for this beast.
Hot Racing usually does a good job of making spurs.

Hot Racing usually does a good job of making spurs.
I'm game for anything HR besides driveshafts. They finally kicked the the ring & pinion for the 4s cars & they look really good. Too bad the platform burned me out & you'll be well into 6s territory outfitting one.

6s is too much on any plastic spur gear. As batty as this thing is on 6s, it's geared as low as possible w/o making the spur larger. It really needs a steel spur. I can easily ruin all 3 spurs I just bought in seconds if I wanted to. I found some parts that may work but no one has them in stock.
I've been bugging Redcat about it but they have their hands full just getting shipments out of port. Who knows when we'll see actual upgrades for this beast.
Well they are going to have do something about those thin upper control arms too. Jumped it today off my ramp, and BAM, there goes the second upper-right front control arm that I break on a bad landing. And it was the first jump of the day. I can't even run it enough to damage the spur gear on 6s. Bummer.
20200326_153354.jpg

Well they are going to have do something about those thin upper control arms too. Jumped it today off my ramp, and BAM, there goes the second upper-right front control arm that I break on a bad landing. And it was the first jump of the day. I can't even run it enough to damage the spur gear on 6s. Bummer. View attachment 71668
I hear you on the upper arm. The junk they make it from may work with the lower arms but the steel turnbuckle is causing a weak point, in being that it's infinitely stronger than the junk part it's connected to. I may have to work my magic with them too.

Well they are going to have do something about those thin upper control arms too. Jumped it today off my ramp, and BAM, there goes the second upper-right front control arm that I break on a bad landing. And it was the first jump of the day. I can't even run it enough to damage the spur gear on 6s. Bummer. View attachment 71668
Hopefully RPM will save that. With the Kaiju being kind of popular, they should see there is a market for making upgrades.

I hear you on the upper arm. The junk they make it from may work with the lower arms but the steel turnbuckle is causing a weak point, in being that it's infinitely stronger than the junk part it's connected to. I may have to work my magic with them too.
Yup. I understand that control arms break all the time, but this one in particular breaks super quickly.

I noticed many YTubers break the same parts at the same areas. Same with the camber link end. Cracks straight clean in half. RCat is making more money on replacement parts than the Kaiju itself anyway. Similar business model as Traxxass. All brands do this to some extent, I understand. I just wont buy anymore RC stuff. Have two broken shelf queens ready for the garbage. RC could not support them anymore. Tired of jumping through hoops to fix and one lipo later repeat. Makes no sense to me. Been there. If you just sneeze at it while on the shelf, parts break. :unsure: I'm getting PTSD just following this thread.:LOL:

Boy I sure hope so.
Hope so too. It wouldn't be fair to Kaiju owners. I don't know how popular they are... but if RC or someone doesn't do something right, the Kaiju may never be popular any longer if it even is?:unsure:

I noticed many YTubers break the same parts at the same areas. Same with the camber link end. Cracks straight clean in half. RCat is making more money on replacement parts than the Kaiju itself anyway. Similar business model as Traxxass. All brands do this to some extent, I understand. I just wont buy anymore RC stuff. Have two broken shelf queens ready for the garbage. RC could not support them anymore. Tired of jumping through hoops to fix and one lipo later repeat. Makes no sense to me. Been there. If you just sneeze at it while on the shelf, parts break. :unsure: I'm getting PTSD just following this thread.:LOL:
If there wasn't a huge aftermarket for Arrma, they would be in the same boat. I couldn't even imagine how many chassis, chassis braces, shock towers and wing mounts I'd have gone through. This is a brand new truck with no aftermarket as of yet.
Hope so too. It wouldn't be fair to Kaiju owners. I don't know how popular they are... but if RC or someone doesn't do something right, the Kaiju may never be popular any longer if it even is?:unsure:
Holy crap you've got a boner for this truck ?

It's a $400 6s capable truck what did you expect? You open the box and get a wizard riding a unicorn farting rainbows? For the price this truck is a good value for what you get compared to competition, another $150 gets you the Traxxas Maxx which is only 4s capable, and $100 less gets you an Arrma 4s rig which is again 4s only and I don't think it would last long on 6s.
If there wasn't a huge aftermarket for Arrma, they would be in the same boat. I couldn't even imagine how many chassis, chassis braces, shock towers and wing mounts I'd have gone through. This is a brand new truck with no aftermarket as of yet.

Holy crap you've got a boner for this truck ?
He hates Redcat and insists on trolling the Redcat thread...........

It's a $400 6s capable truck what did you expect? You open the box and get a wizard riding a unicorn farting rainbows? For the price this truck is a good value for what you get compared to competition, another $150 gets you the Traxxas Maxx which is only 4s capable, and $100 less gets you an Arrma 4s rig which is again 4s only and I don't think it would last long on 6s.

Didn't mean to ruffle feathers. Trust me. Don't want to rain on anyones parade at all. I don't belong on this thread. I owned RC before. That's all. Am pretty familiar with the brand. Gave em my best shot. I never compared the Kaiju to anything else. Not my intention to.
I'll leave this one alone. There is a lot of info in this thread so I pop in. I know I don't have much to offer here. No more comments. Promise.;)

I went to buy one of these fuggin things twice off flea bay, both times it came back saying OS.. Not my calling I guess..
I bought this truck and a 3S Typhon at RC Planet. Everything on website was in stock but the Kaiju really wasnt. Now I'm waiting for it. They said Redcat told them April 3rd

If you were to run this truck on 3s only would it still be fun? Would limiting it to 3s prevent breakages?

I'm still considering it for a future purchase and hoping R.C. rolls out some fixes in a v2 later this year.

It is worth considering that the issues with this truck aren't exactly deal breakers when you consider how much power the drive train (minus drive cups) is holding up to. I'm betting we'll see fixes before too long.
I hope...

I thought the Arrma 4s rigs are 400 as well.

Back