Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some RC stuff is rebranded WLtoys and others. If you can find what the crossover parts are. (guarded secret) you may find parts for 1/3 the price of RC branded replacement and upgrade parts on Bangood etc. Been there and don't want to again. Discussing my prior exp. with RC just brings PTSD.:LOL: They haven't got a clue. Everything is scripted. l almost feel like I am talking with Traxxasss support. And that is another story. Won't go there.:cool:
What???

I think he was trying to say that Redcat cars are rebranded WLToys, they are not. The crossover parts are not a guarded secret everyone and their mom knows what Chinese brands parts fit, still not WLToys. My guess is he bought a Redcat Volcano or Tornado, which are rebranded HSP cars that are very meh, they used to have really crappy quality now their quality is just okay. Those cars can also be found on Nitrorcx.com under the Exceed brand, Infinitive and Sunfire iirc and from HPI under the Maverick Racing brand, with a reversed chassis layout I don't remember the names of those cars though.

The other cars from Redcat that are rather meh are rebrands of BSD Racing. Their Team Redcat lineup are rebrands of Team Magic for the TRMT8E and the TRMT10E, these are actually pretty good cars. The Team Redcat short course truck is a rebranded Ofna Jammin SCRT10 or something, with a few changes.

Am I wrong, close, or in-between correct??? I'm referring to 2 Volcanos. Yes.:cool: Most of the parts I tried to get from RC direct weren't available. I scoured the web and piecemealed parts from other sources that were identical. And way cheaper. A frustrating way to support these RC. I just gave up on all their stuff. The short of it.
I like that Kaiju body for my Crawler. Seriously. I'm in a painting mood lately.
Harley Designs peaked my interest for it.

Am I wrong, close, or in-between correct??? I'm referring to 2 Volcanos. Yes.:cool: Most of the parts I tried to get from RC direct weren't available. I scoured the web and piecemealed parts from other sources that were identical. And way cheaper. A frustrating way to support these RC. I just gave up on all their stuff. The short of it.
I like that Kaiju body for my Crawler. Seriously. I'm in a painting mood lately.
Harley Designs peaked my interest for it.
I had a hard time following what you were saying ? The booze didn't help ? I got it now ?

I had a hard time following what you were saying ? The booze didn't help ? I got it now ?
Its Friday. You got me wanting some Henny this evening. I'm a light weight too. I met a new friend and she likes Henny. Can't make that up. Coincidence?? Her name is Hennisey. I cant imagine how that will turn out...:ROFLMAO:

I pretty much drove it and bashed mine the same way but on 4s :
You admit to driving like this Masshole? I thought my driving was as bad as it gets. Wowsers and this dude has 2k subs? Amazing.

And that lawn ??‍♂️??

You admit to driving like this Masshole? I thought my driving was as bad as it gets. Wowsers and this dude has 2k subs? Amazing.

And that lawn ??‍♂️??
I never said I was the best driver ever. I didn't drive it as bad though but close ?. I didn't try to do those crazy standing backflips though. I know how bad that is for the diffs.

Last edited:
For a moment, I thought I heard ring gear slippage at various times.

Last edited:
For a moment, I thought I heard ring gear slippage at varoius times.
Well I doubt the drive train would last too long doing back to back standing backflips like that. I don't like doing that with my Outcast 6s TBH or any other vehicles (the standing backflip thing).

Well I doubt the drive train would last too long doing back to back standing backflips like that. I don't like doing that with my Outcast 6s TBH or any other vehicles (the standing backflip thing).
Totally agree. Same with self-righting. It pains me when I see people do that, especially when they are 5 feet from the truck ???

We see all those standing Backflips and constant 200 ft wheelieing on videos. And it appears cool looking and enticing enough. But that gets tired real fast after you start spending hours and $$ rebuilding all your diffs. Then you realize you need better oil weights in them to counter diffing out and controlling ballooning and rear power bleed. I think most YTUBERS do it for effect and and don't really do that when they are bashing off cam. But those videos do separate the durable rigs from those otherwise. Fun to watch others totally trash their rigs. So I don't have to. :ROFLMAO:
KT is in a totally different realm of carnage. That's another story. :LOL:

Totally agree. Same with self-righting. It pains me when I see people do that, especially when they are 5 feet from the truck ???
I remember when I was having so much fun with those constant standing backflips and turning my Outcast 6s over all the time when it was new . Until I messed up my rear differential prematurely. I rarely do that anymore.

I watched all the vids from this guy, standing backflips are one thing, but he constantly self rights that truck over and over. He stays pegged on the gas on his backflips and you can hear the diffs grab when he comes down. Makes me cringe, but I like the fact he does abuse it and it takes it.

I watched all the vids from this guy, standing backflips are one thing, but he constantly self rights that truck over and over. He stays pegged on the gas on his backflips and you can hear the diffs grab when he comes down. Makes me cringe, but I like the fact he does abuse it and it takes it.
Another youtuber drove it better and jumped it a few times with no apparent damages :

Back