Vendetta Anyone run a 2400 KV 4S motor in their vendetta?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
I have a spare 2400 KV motor sitting around and was thinking about putting it in the Vendetta. I currently have a 130 amp for my ESC in there. My question is if someone is running a 2400 KV motor what gearing are you using?

Got an iPhone? I really like the app called Gear Speed to play around with gearing possibilities.

But there are also other good gearing/speed calculators out there as well.

I don't think it's a good idea to swap motors. The Vendetta is designed for speed on road: that's why it has a 3900kv motor while the other 3s vehicles, designed for offroad use, use the 3200kv motor for more torque. You will lose a lot of speed going from the stock 3900kv motor to a 2400kv motor, and it might be a challenge to gear up sufficiently to make up for the speed difference between the two motors.

I recently put a 130A ESC in my Infraction 3s: it runs cooler than the stock ESC because it isn't working as hard for the same output.

I don't think it's a good idea to swap motors. The Vendetta is designed for speed on road: that's why it has a 3900kv motor while the other 3s vehicles, designed for offroad use, use the 3200kv motor for more torque. You will lose a lot of speed going from the stock 3900kv motor to a 2400kv motor, and it might be a challenge to gear up sufficiently to make up for the speed difference between the two motors.

I recently put a 130A ESC in my Infraction 3s: it runs cooler than the stock ESC because it isn't working as hard for the same output.
Ok, that's what I was wondering. Thanks

@morrjr71 is on the money! You will not be able to make up the difference in gearing. The stock motor is 3900kv, and the speed runners here are running or have run a 3800kv TP in their car. On 2S 3S, they maxed the gearing before anything else.

Come on man that ain't you talking!! Who are you buddy!!
@morrjr71 is on the money! You will not be able to make up the difference in gearing. The stock motor is 3900kv, and the speed runners here are running or have run a 3800kv TP in their car. On 2S 3S, they maxed the gearing before anything else.
C'mon!!

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
Would going to the 2.9 tire help make up the difference? vs the stock 2.4
Can you also make up the difference going to 4S vs 3S?

Last edited:
Bigger esc, lower kv motor, higher gearing and higher voltage= lower heat and better performance , is how I'm basing my build, is that basically correct?

I run the 2400kv motor in my vendetta with a 150 esc 6s and on 4s it is geared with 44/26 my speed is 74mph and on 6s 91mph.

Ok, it seems to me that you can certainly make it up with gearing if you have power.
Dropped in the 2050kv + 150a esc with 34/29 mod 1 running 4s, from the 3900kv at 50/29 mod .8 on 3s

3900kv was getting almost 70mph on 3s, but It was running HOT.

Currently I'm hitting 60mph before 75% throttle, so I'm curious to see it's top lol
Just doing short rips on my street, but it stays about 70°f cooler than the stock setup.

Well it's not a little faster... it's in a different league all of a sudden. I still don't know how fast it is because I haven't found enough road for it. Calculators online are good for a guess, but I haven't seen one that's totally accurate. I suppose I'd have to actually learn the math, but all in due time lol

Anyway, I'm happy with it. Nasty speed basher with a feather throttle lol

Doing a straight line burnout on command while traveling 30+mph is pretty cool to me.
IMG_20231001_120654.jpg
IMG_20230930_133809.jpg

Last edited:
It's a fun car for sure, and definitely a great value car as well. Despite how much $$$ I've thrown at it already 🤣

Ok, it seems to me that you can certainly make it up with gearing if you have power.
Dropped in the 2050kv + 150a esc with 34/29 mod 1 running 4s, from the 3900kv at 50/29 mod .8 on 3s

3900kv was getting almost 70mph on 3s, but It was running HOT.

Currently I'm hitting 60mph before 75% throttle, so I'm curious to see it's top lol
Just doing short rips on my street, but it stays about 70°f cooler than the stock setup.

Well it's not a little faster... it's in a different league all of a sudden. I still don't know how fast it is because I haven't found enough road for it. Calculators online are good for a guess, but I haven't seen one that's totally accurate. I suppose I'd have to actually learn the math, but all in due time lol

Anyway, I'm happy with it. Nasty speed basher with a feather throttle lol

Doing a straight line burnout on command while traveling 30+mph is pretty cool to me.View attachment 325447View attachment 325448
What spool do you have here? HR?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back