Are RC's Considered Toys??

Are RC's Considered Toys??

• YES!!

• NO!!

• Not Sure??

• I Don't Care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a legal disclaimer to avoid lawsuits.
It is a toy, and falls into the Toy Industry catagory. Hobby grade Toys. For leisure entertainment. If not a toy , then what is it??
A toy, a thing, can still harm anyone. Especially a Remote Controlled Toy. Lack of control, and someone gets hurt.

Been there many times. Same thing. Rude Comments.
I do understand a toy. A dangerous toy at that. If not careful!!! When someone goes out of their way,out of maybe curious and walked off the path in the park where I was. Corner by myself, and makes comments. I might send a quite message, verbal or a buzz by at speed. It was wrong, it was needed.
Hobby grade toys, run with caution for the safety us and others!!

^^^ But what would you call these if they are not toys?:unsure:
The term Toy means many different things to different people. Some would argue that Toys are for Children. Yes, we are not children, just they are really just toys.
I call them Big Boy toys.

I believe there is a line where you can call them toys and after a certain amount of modifications they’re no longer toys at that point IMO .
Well put and very true!!😉
^^^ But what would you call these if they are not toys?:unsure:
The term Toy means many different things to different people. Some would argue that Toys are for Children. Yes, we are not children, just they are really just toys.
I call them Big Boy toys.
What explicitRC said, some rc might start as a unsafe toy in the wrong hands. With the speed and weight we put in these things. At what point does a 20-30+ rc doing 30- 60 + mph and is still a toy????? At those weights and speeds man can literally loose a leg,foot even their life if things are not respected in a big way. When you think your in control your not!!
Watch this video !

Last edited:
They are indeed toys and if general people knew what we spent on them....

GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Just a legal disclaimer to avoid lawsuits.
It is a toy, and falls into the Toy Industry catagory. Hobby grade Toys. For leisure entertainment. If not a toy , then what is it??
A toy, a thing, can still harm anyone. Especially a Remote Controlled Toy. Lack of control, and someone gets hurt.

Been there many times. Same thing. Rude Comments. Karens that are either jealous, ignorant or both.
Funny that when I am with my son, I never get the comments. Only when I am alone. Except one time I was asked to leave the park by some Karen. My son was scared. The guy had a foul mouth. Said he would call the police. I said do it. I will wait for them. I have so many stories over 35+ RC years.
I remember one time, a guy shouted, then walked over, I was ready to square off. But he actually was an RC'er also. And was joking.
TO ALL KAREN'S OUT THEIR🤫🤐!!!.......
That wasn't the Karen to make comments to me and the same happened to my kids and myself, jealous and ignorant people. Have fun don't be hatefull too much in the world.

Toys not toys.... I just want to wrench my stuff. Go run with out incident, laugh and have a good time with my family or friends. Hopefully with no breaks. Don't mind answering any questions from a stranger!! 🙏🤝🤷IDon'tKnow

Fun And Games Toy Car GIF
running man toy car GIF

these pop up with gif for toy car

Yeah.... RC's are toys...... hobby enthusiast recreational vehicles - HERV's

Yeah, my wifes Senton hit me once, limped for a couple days. I only run my Mojave and especially the K8 under certain circumstances. Someone could get hurt, or hurt really bad - and I know NONE of us want that - and I would rather be the one hurt than anyone else if someone DID get hurt. (sorry to hear about ya @Moirae )

As far as the idiot Karens out there - some people just can't help but get needlessly involved in other peoples lives - some miserable people try to pee on others happiness.

Im just glad RC's exist and have developed as they have - they are enjoyed in (mostly) a safe manner - even at speed - and it is done by responsible people like y'all.

Legend has it that the kid in the Acura still refuses to show his face around certain parts of Oshawa after losing to a certain "toy Senton 8s speed runner"
Post in thread '"This is such an old man's hobby" - The random kid at the skate park' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...andom-kid-at-the-skate-park.43397/post-599257

Every time I fondly recall that night, I get visions of JA Rule screaming "MONICAAAAAAAAA".

Think about it. "Our" toys can pass you on the highway and not bat an eye!

Yes they are dangerous. I have a scar on my shin from a Rustler. Thankfully I was driving alone that day or it might have been more serious.

In the eyes of my wife it is a toy. But though I play with it similar to a toy the maintenance/care for the car makes it a hobby in my humble opinion. And as others have stated toys don’t typically do over 50mph

There not toys, there money pits. There's a difference.
Last week it was a chassis plate and driveshafts for the Sledge, this week it's ring gears for my daughters Tekno and a motor for the Outcast. It never ends.

My motor seized 10 minutes into the drive so I'm having a moment of frustration.

Legend has it that the kid in the Acura still refuses to show his face around certain parts of Oshawa after losing to a certain "toy Senton 8s speed runner"
Post in thread '"This is such an old man's hobby" - The random kid at the skate park' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...andom-kid-at-the-skate-park.43397/post-599257

Every time I fondly recall that night, I get visions of JA Rule screaming "MONICAAAAAAAAA".
NO NO NO NO NO NO .IF I WANTED TOYS ID PLAY WITH HOT WHEELS😁👍

Back