Rc's and fire safety...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
We had a near record cold and wet April followed by a near record hot and dry May in south Washington. Saw a local news story about brush fires in the area already.🙄 That crap isnt supposed to start until late July dang it!!!🤣

Anyway, it already has me skipping a couple of fields with dried out grass for bashing. Winds were blowing pretty good, as rare as lipo fires may be, if one happens in a dry grass field with enough wind it could spread enough to potentailly cause problems and/or damage.

Im 99.9999% sure if that happens and im standing there with a fried rc and the controller, damages will be mine to pay for.😖

Who else here lives in fire prone areas? Do you take precautions and/or skip bashing during that time? Curious how many others here deal with it.

Haha, I keep a small fire extinguisher in my car already, would have been okay if the winds would have been calm or light. 20-30mph winds made it seem like a bad idea since it was blowing in the direction of a building and parking lot full of cars about 100 yards away.

Didn't want to be Milton...🤣🤣🤣

fucked up GIF

There's not a whole lot you can do about a lipo fire without a specialized extinguisher other than let it burn out. Most of what you could do for mitigation is put out other things that start on fire, but if it's windy that may be futile as a single human being with a carry-able extinguisher.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back