Are RC's Considered Toys??

Are RC's Considered Toys??

• YES!!

• NO!!

• Not Sure??

• I Don't Care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If an RC were to blindside you in your leg, you’ll analyze if it’s a toy or not real quickly.
This is me right now, 2 weeks later and I'm just now able to get up and down the stairs again and still feel pain with every step I take. I think there is a big difference between a kids toy and a mans toy. I'm 6'2 and at least 300lbs and a granite with 6s spektrum electronics doing at least 50 mph took me right off my feet and had me almost in tears from pain. I can't even imagine if that was anything else.

There is no way I'd trust a kid with something that could take me off my feet and have me feel like I'm dying for 2 weeks.

This is me right now, 2 weeks later and I'm just now able to get up and down the stairs again and still feel pain with every step I take. I think there is a big difference between a kids toy and a mans toy. I'm 6'2 and at least 300lbs and a granite with 6s spektrum electronics doing at least 50 mph took me right off my feet and had me almost in tears from pain. I can't even imagine if that was anything else.

There is no way I'd trust a kid with something that could take me off my feet and have me feel like I'm dying for 2 weeks
Feel better!! 2 years ago I hit myself with my kids granite at 10mph, that hurt like he'll and left marks for months.
Check out the video I put up, bottom page 1. Toys???

Last edited:

There is no way I'd trust a kid with something that could take me off my feet and have me feel like I'm dying for 2 weeks.

Yell Season 4 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Rub some Bengay on the tender spot..
Just walk it off..
🤕😁

Jk-ing ,okay.
Don't come over here ,to beat me up..
You're double my weight & height..

I am old enough to have had one of those old chemistry sets as a kid. Yep, you could mix the wrong stuff together and it could blow up..... (from the late 60' early 70's before they were yanked off the shelf......)

With that in mind, ......

My K8EXB is 33 lb with batteries...... it can go over 50 mph if the terrain allows (and I have places that it does....)

A bowling ball for adult males is 12-14 pounds. How would you like that coming at ya at 50 mph? My Mojave is 13 lbs.... and goes that fast

Let alone 2 of them attached to each other to get closer to the K8 weight.....

Dangerous ? Sure

Toys? Yeah......

But I did see a video that showed a K8 at speed aim for a guys head.....

He ducked.... and the look on his face?

Priceless ..... that this toy didn't knock his block off (remember rock 'em sock 'em robots?

The good old days when people had common sense and learned from their mistakes, before the government sanitized everything. Anything can be harmful when not used safely, even toys.

Now if they made rc Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots, that would be cool!

The good old days when people had common sense and learned from their mistakes, before the government sanitized everything. Anthing can be harmful when not used safely, even toys.

Now if they made rc Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots, that would be cool!

Let's Go!
We want the old Gladiatorial Combat-

Tesla Optimus Bot vs Boston Dynamics Atlas
To the Death!

Rumble in the Jungle : C-3PO style

Since we're obviously not going to have a beat down between Musk & Zuck...

Feel better!! 2 years ago I hit myself with my kids granite at 10mph, that hurt like he'll and left marks for months.
Check out that a put up, bottom page 1. Toys???
I have hit myself a few times over the years. The worst was when I went full tilt into my foot with my Merv on 3s. Had a limp for like a week or two. Busted the car in half almost.

This RC hobby is part of the Toy Industry category and is combined with all the other toys out there. Whether for children or adults. So from this perspective they are just Toys. As a hobby or not.
(For Big Boys with Big Wallets.):LOL:

Sure they could be considered a toy, but for that matter I call my snowmobile my winter toy. They are pretty expensive, and intricate to be a simple toy like rc from a regular box store. They have scale rebuildable differentials, suspensions, solid axles, some are scale realistic trucks or cars. Very cool no matter what someone else thinks.
We never truly grow up our toys just become bigger and more expensive.
I agree with this lol 😂

Do I consider these toys? No! Mechanical wonders. Never had anything like this when I was a kid!

I've always said I'll never grow up. Entertain your inner child. Life's too short. Numerous T-shirts with those sentiments on them. I'm a big kid! And if some other adult gives me weird looks....I just point at the shirt. Lol.
Agree 100% for me in my case

I refuse to grow up ! I am a 57 year old having my second childhood ..... Others can act their age if they wanna ...

Anything that steals your time&money and brings a smile on your face can be considered a hobby. Utensils for a hobby could be described as toys. I guess depending on it's usefullness.
In my case i also don't use my 3d printers professionally and the usefullness of the things i print can be debated, so they are toys too.

The mixed feeling the word toy brings comes from it's product quality grade. Toy-grade, hobby-grade, enthusiast-grade, professional-grade,...
Nobody likes their topnotch 1k Bashbeast to be compared to a $30 wallmart toy.
Yet, both Lada and Bentley make 'cars', both with their own product quality and we call both cars (most of the time)

A toy is an object which primarily function is to provide entertainment.

So muscle cars, jet skis, atv's, bicycles (if using for fun) and Hobby RC's are all considered toys to me.
Great anlogy. Anything can be a toy.
Just by definition and to most onlookers, RC cars are Toys.
Is a Quad copter or a robot a Toy, if used for commercial purposes? No.
A ski patrol using a snowmobile to patrol the slopes, then it's not a toy.

I have to tell this story. About 2 years ago. I pack up my one of my kids granite to test the truck after wrenching. I'm ripping around somewhat slow. A guy walks along and yells out nice toy kid grow up !!! I replied thank you they are a ton of fun. He yells get a life. I proceeded to buzz his ass at over 50mph just 2 feet away and yelled nice f@$*ing toy right you should get one.
You'll have a life worth smiling about.
Was I wrong in buzzing him at 50+ yea and I didn't care. The ass said nothing didn't in even turn around or say a word, he did jump to the right when I buzzed him on his left. Why do people need to make comments to a stranger??? Miserable!!!

Just a legal disclaimer to avoid lawsuits.
It is a toy, and falls into the Toy Industry catagory. Hobby grade Toys. For leisure entertainment. If not a toy , then what is it??
A toy, a thing, can still harm anyone. Especially a Remote Controlled Toy. Lack of control, and someone gets hurt.
I have to tell this story. About 2 years ago. I pack up my one of my kids granite to test the truck after wrenching. I'm ripping around somewhat slow. A guy walks along and yells out nice toy kid grow up !!! I replied thank you they are a ton of fun. He yells get a life. I proceeded to buzz his ass at over 50mph just 2 feet away and yelled nice f@$*ing toy right you should get one.
You'll have a life worth smiling about.
Was I wrong in buzzing him at 50+ yea and I didn't care. The ass said nothing didn't in even turn around or say a word, he did jump to the right when I buzzed him on his left. Why do people need to make comments to a stranger??? Miserable!!!
Been there many times. Same thing. Rude Comments. Karens that are either jealous, ignorant or both.
Funny that when I am with my son, I never get the comments. Only when I am alone. Except one time I was asked to leave the park by some Karen. My son was scared. The guy had a foul mouth. Said he would call the police. I said do it. I will wait for them. I have so many stories over 35+ RC years.
I remember one time, a guy shouted, then walked over, I was ready to square off. But he actually was an RC'er also. And was joking.

Last edited:
Back