Typhon Are the Front and Rear diffs geared the same?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Switchblade2k

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Typhon 3s
So I was wondering if the front and rear are geared the same in the Typhon 3S? I wonder this because mine will do torque wheelies and I would think it wouldn't being 4WD if the front a rear were geared the same.

☝ what he said...

Definitely the same.. if you don't like the wheelies loosen your slipper clutch a little bit.. and I do mean a little bit..

Last edited:
There is a fine line between wheelies (tight) and burning up your clutch (loose). Be careful with your adjustments and just pay attention to your rig. Tire size and traction also play a part here. If you swap tires a lot, you may need to adjust accordingly.

The only time you will see a different Front/Rear drive percentage is with some RC drift car setups. Its known as CS (countersteer)
As far as I'm aware all other RC cars will be 50/50 drive percentage but the torque split can obviously passively alter to some extent, depending on available grip and the thickness of oil used, if your car has a centre diff. The 3s Typhon does not have one iirc.

Last edited:
Crawlers uses different gearing front and back so the front will pull the car on climbs, which is called overdrive.

the 3s slipper has a separate slipper pads between the front and the back, so it could slip just the back and act like a diff. That’s my understanding by looking at the design, but I’m might be wrong.

Crawlers uses different gearing front and back so the front will pull the car on climbs, which is called overdrive.

the 3s slipper has a separate slipper pads between the front and the back, so it could slip just the back and act like a diff. That’s my understanding by looking at the design, but I’m might be wrong.

Good info Yonic, makes perfect sense having that on a crawler. I've never really paid much attention to them as I think I'd probably find them a bit dull for the money. I'm a lot more performance/handling orientated than scale and climbing obstacles.. but maybe I'm missing out?

Ok thanks guys!

@Yonic I run Crawlers and I'm well aware of overdrive and Dig setups, also locking diffs this is probably what spawned the question in my head!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back