Kraton Arrma 6S BLX on 4s (I break things on 6s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truevine

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I want to run my Kraton 6s BLX on 4s (I break too many things on 6S). What C rating and size is recommended? Is 4s 60C 3300mah graphene lipos strong enough?

Yes, that pack would work, but might have a short run time. I find that a 5,000 mAh pack is a nice middle ground of run time and not too much weight like a larger pack might have. Be sure to check their specs for weight and measurements to compare what fits.

Arrma recommends 35C minimum, but buy lipos with highest C rating you can afford. 3300mah is too small IMO, I run 5400mah packs which give good runtimes without overheating issues with larger packs.

What C rating and size is recommended?

35C is the minimum recommended rating.
kraton-6s-battery-requirements.png

On 4S you can go higher in capacity, the sweet spot for weight is at a 6S 5000mAh pack which is ~ 780 gr or 27 oz.
@Rip King MC suggested the 6200mAh, good choice. Do NOT use the ones you suggested (3300mAh).
A 'C' rating higher than 35 is a must but that is at a 5000mAh rating (35*5=175A), an equivalent at 3300mAh (3.3A/h) would need a minimum C of 53 to have the same capability.

Feel free to ask for clarification.

Make sure you order a pack with the correct battery connector, else you will have to order separate and install them yourself.

Thank you guys so much! Excellent info!

I was running 6S 5000mah 60C Turnigy HD, Hyperion G8 60C and CNHL G+ 70C Graphene. But I damaged several lipos as they got ejected from my Kraton V2. I've ordered the new battery holder. I guess that kind of soured me on 6S. My last CNHL puffed and exploded out of it's wrapping after getting ejected. Now I'm down to a Hyperion G8 60C 6S (puffed) and a Turnigy HD 4000 60C.
How about using the 4s 3300 60C in parallel - making it a 6600mah pack? That way I could still use them in my smaller rc airplanes.

ow about using the 4s 3300 60C in parallel - making it a 6600mah pack? That way I could still use them in my smaller rc airplanes.
You can only run the the Kraton 6S up to 6S, not 8S. Running those two packs would be 8S.

How about using the 4s 3300 60C in parallel - making it a 6600mah pack? That way I could still use them in my smaller rc airplanes.
Running them in parallel, yes that will work. Just make sure that you can wire them correct.
As @Rip King MC stated, don't run into the 8S trap. That won't last long.

OP where is the fun in that! Just drive carefully and don't send it to the moon.
Hey man - would believe I'm still learning self control? ;) Sometimes I'd like teen and other friends to try it and 6s is just too much! Sometimes I'm in a small space - I wish there was a better way to just adjust the throttle and dial down 6S - especially with the instant - full torque of electrics!
You need better straps. If your tray is ejected along with it, you can try this simple mod:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/simple-solution-for-preventing-battery-tray-deployment-6s.14261/
I'm hoping the new trays should help (I have ver2). I was about to ditch 6s after damaging several by ejections and just beating them up while they are in the tray. I'll try adding some padding.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back